PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a SoCal FFL that knows the ins and outs of CoEs and C&Rs

aqua_scummm
03-28-2012, 5:16 PM
Every shop around here will only allow me to use my C&R and COE to bypass the 30 days if the handgun is itself a curio/relic.

The law doesn't specify that this exemption is curio and relic only though.

If your shop will honor this rule for me, I can guarantee some business in the near future.

Any FFLs here willing to work this out?

knowledgedropper
03-28-2012, 9:19 PM
Probably not what you wanted to hear:

C&R exemption applies only to C&Rs (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#18)

Direct Action Solutions
03-28-2012, 9:41 PM
Thats what I thought.

EBR Works
03-28-2012, 10:54 PM
The link provided states that no 10 day wait applies for purchase of C&R firearms if the purchaser has a COE/FFL03. The OP's question pertains to the one in 30 restriction. With FFL03/COE, the one in 30 does not apply to any handgun purchase. The FFL processing the transaction just needs to do the DROS correctly, which we do.

kemasa
03-29-2012, 7:01 AM
The CA DOJ tried to make some bogus claims that having a C&R FFL and COE was "using" the C&R FFL when the CA law said that you were exempt from the 1 in 30 just for having it. This has been corrected, although not all might be informed of it.

Some DROS were said to be rejected if the information was put in the comments, which means don't do that, just keep the documentation.

I follow the law, as should other FFLs, and anyone who has both is exempt from the 1 in 30. I am in Simi Valley.

aqua_scummm
03-29-2012, 8:56 AM
Awesome, thanks guys!