PDA

View Full Version : SIG 229 EE help

fishguts
03-27-2012, 10:38 PM
OK fellas, just like the title says I need a little help. I've spent some time shopping for a new sig 229 and I love the fit of the new 229 Enhanced Elite. My question is can this pistol be had without the mag disconnect and chamber indicator? What is the best option to find one without? would it be easier to get something like a 229 scorpion and have a ssc done to make it ca legal? That seems to be the most pricey option so what do you think? I know there are some sig nuts around here that have the answers I need. Thanks in advance.

Mr310
03-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I believe the the new Sig 229 EE only comes like that. I would SSE the scorpion or get a regular 229. I agree that the ugly as **** chamber indicator is a deal breaker, too!

Nor*Cal
03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Actually, I think it's only the one's that are sold in CA that have the disconnect and indicator.

Check out this listing on gun broker. (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=279670470)

Also, it looks like SIG did not use a different model number for the CA version which seems odd. This is a good thing because the model number being the same means you should be able to have one shipped in from out of state and not have to SSE it. You just have to pay the extra charge for the out of state transfer.

Many gun shops will not process an out of state transfer for an item that they sell. You can always find an FFL that does not sell firearms though. Be sure to do your homework before buying one. Also make sure the out of state seller is willing to ship into CA.

Good luck and welcome to Calguns!

fishguts
03-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Actually, I think it's only the one's that are sold in CA that have the disconnect and indicator.

Check out this listing on gun broker. (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=279670470)

Also, it looks like SIG did not use a different model number for the CA version which seems odd. This is a good thing because the model number being the same means you should be able to have one shipped in from out of state and not have to SSE it. You just have to pay the extra charge for the out of state transfer.

Many gun shops will not process an out of state transfer for an item that they sell. You can always find an FFL that does not sell firearms though. Be sure to do your homework before buying one. Also make sure the out of state seller is willing to ship into CA.

Good luck and welcome to Calguns!

That probably explains the "NO" next to CA compliant in the listing posted. Can these even be shipped to an FFL in CA? I just want to be 100% sure before flopping down cash for one.

Nor*Cal
03-27-2012, 11:07 PM
That probably explains the "NO" next to CA compliant in the listing posted. Can these even be shipped to an FFL in CA? I just want to be 100% sure before flopping down cash for one.

Yes, they can be shipped into CA and I actually did not even realize that the listing is from Osage County Guns which is known to be CA friendly (they ship off roster guns to CA for SEE conversion).

As for the listing stating that its not CA compliant, that's interesting because the model number on the SIG case in the picture matches the model number on the CA Roster. Wonder if the square sticker that is blurred out say's "not for sale in CA". Not sure but what should matter is the model number.

Like I said, do your homework on it. Hopefully another Cal Gunner will chime in with more info.

yzernie
03-28-2012, 9:33 AM
Yes, they can be shipped into CA and I actually did not even realize that the listing is from Osage County Guns which is known to be CA friendly (they ship off roster guns to CA for SEE conversion).

As for the listing stating that its not CA compliant, that's interesting because the model number on the SIG case in the picture matches the model number on the CA Roster. Wonder if the square sticker that is blurred out say's "not for sale in CA". Not sure but what should matter is the model number.

Like I said, do your homework on it. Hopefully another Cal Gunner will chime in with more info.
The model in the photo from the GB link is not a California approved gun. The California model is 229R-9-ESE-CA. The gun in the link could be sent for conversion under an SSE but it is not the Cali approved gun because it has no LCI or mag disconnect safety.

fishguts
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Thank you all for the information.

Now, is it better to find a gun and have it sent it to a shop like Table Rock for sse and then have it sent to my FFL? or it it best to have them find the gun for me and then do the sse? The reason I ask is because I don't seem have any shops remotely close to me who can do a sig sse. I,m near Lake Tahoe.

civilsnake
03-28-2012, 3:17 PM
If you don't care about the beavertail, you can buy a standard P229 and have the grip converted (or do it yourself).

yzernie
03-28-2012, 7:10 PM
Thank you all for the information.

Now, is it better to find a gun and have it sent it to a shop like Table Rock for sse and then have it sent to my FFL? or it it best to have them find the gun for me and then do the sse? The reason I ask is because I don't seem have any shops remotely close to me who can do a sig sse. I,m near Lake Tahoe.
You would need to contact the shop and see what the end pricing would be for them to do it both ways. Some times it may be less expensive to buy the gun elsewhere and have it sent there and some times not.