PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a use for the Brady Campaign...

Chris M
04-17-2007, 3:34 PM
I hope this isn't a double-post...I did a search, but couldn't find it:

Copied from another site:

"Thanks to the Brady folks for this website. They are making it easy for us to e-mail our elected officials to help have our word heard concerning the Virginia Tech shooting! Use their website to let everyone know that criminals do NOT respect gun laws. Taking firearms away from law abiding citizens only makes for a soft target for a determined criminal.

Please take the time to have your voice heard on this important matter. "

http://tinyurl.com/39s43t

grammaton76
04-17-2007, 3:44 PM
As someone else pointed out, the sender info will probably still say 'Brady Campaign'. If you're going to write letters, it'll probably be best to write your own, instead of their setup... you don't want to give them boosted counts.

shark92651
04-17-2007, 4:00 PM
Funny how the default message text lists "strong laws" that would have had done nothing to stop the VaTech shooter:

I am outraged by this week's tragedy at Virginia Tech. It is much too easy for the wrong people to get deadly weapons in this country.

It is time for you to take steps to end gun violence to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.

I support strong gun laws such as banning military style assault weapons with high capacity ammunitions clips, requiring Brady background checks on all gun sales, and stopping large-volume guns sales that supply gun traffikers. So should you.

What are you going to do to stop gun violence in America?