PDA

View Full Version : Question On Bighorn Safe

Clownpuncher
03-27-2012, 3:21 PM
I have a question for all of you that got in on the -19 Bighorn safe that Costco just had on sale. I had mine delivered and it only came with 2 small shelves for inside plus the long one across the top. My question is did you get any kind of extra shelf (3rd piece) to cover one side of the rifle barrel rest notch area?
The reason I ask is while looking at the gun show, as well as other safes I have seen in the past, I always remember a carpeted piece of metal, or something thinner than the normal shelves, that goes over the side where you are not putting rifles. Something like covered sheet metal with an angle on one end that makes the one side look like a normal shelf.
I just got to thinking about it and found it odd that mine didn't come with anything like that.
Just wondering if yours came with it and I got short changed or if it just didn't come with these safes.

cranemech
03-27-2012, 4:24 PM
Mine didn't come with any extra shelves, but an extra shelf wouldn't be difficult to fabricate.

edrex
03-27-2012, 5:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. Jumped back on costco.com and checked out the pictures and the safe only comes with the 2 small shelves and one long one. So you received it as advertised. Shouldn't be hard to make your own, or maybe call Big Horn and see if you can order one single shelf.

Clownpuncher
03-27-2012, 7:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. Jumped back on costco.com and checked out the pictures and the safe only comes with the 2 small shelves and one long one. So you received it as advertised. Shouldn't be hard to make your own, or maybe call Big Horn and see if you can order one single shelf.

I'll call bighorn and see if I can swindle one out of them. Not a big deal, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. With it being out of stock already they obviously sold a bunch of them. Thanks for all the help!!

edrex
03-27-2012, 7:21 PM
Let me know if it works. I'd like another shelf too, actually.

jchappies
03-28-2012, 6:45 AM
How long did it take to get your safe?
I ordered mine last week right before they sold out. I called Rhino (bighorn) yesterday to get an update and it looks like mine wont get delivered until late next week or early the following week (looking like 3-4wk delivery)

edrex
03-28-2012, 7:58 AM
8 days on mine, but I ordered the first day they started selling it again.

A-J
03-28-2012, 8:08 AM
Mine only had the 2 small shelves to go with the long one on top.

Chappies - Mine got delivered in less than 2 weeks, despite the "notification" that shipping takes 4 - 6 weeks.

srvgtrfan
03-28-2012, 7:37 PM
I was ready to buy this and then found that they are now sold out at Costco. Sucks.