PDA

View Full Version : What Liberal Media? Like clockwork: NYTimes wants more gun control.

Incitatus
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
The NYTimes has already posted its lead editorial for tomorrow. Not that you need to read it to know what they've already concluded:

"Yesterday’s mass shooting at Virginia Tech — the worst in American history — is another horrifying reminder that some of the gravest dangers Americans face come from killers at home armed with guns that are frighteningly easy to obtain...
...Our hearts and the hearts of all Americans go out to the victims and their families. Sympathy was not enough at the time of Columbine, and eight years later it is not enough. What is needed, urgently, is stronger controls over the lethal weapons that cause such wasteful carnage and such unbearable loss".

Like I said: prepare for much more of this, courtesy of the liberals in the media. And don't be surprised if the so called "pro-gun Democrats" will be more than happy to cave in to the media pressure.

Centurion_D
04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
If I remember correctly right after the elections when the demo's took both the house and senate a debate was going on here at calguns. Some we're suggesting not to worry because some of those demo's we're pro gun. Well here is the test that's gonna prove whether our fears are justified. Call me paranoid but I think the dems in power will only make like harder for us..especially after what that punk @ss choi dude did at VT. I hope his @ss burns in hell for putting us law abiding gun owners in such a difficult spot :mad:

Cpl_Peters
04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
all it would have taken would be one armed student or teacher and so many lives could have been saved....:(

SemiAutoSam
04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I agree only time will tell if the So Called pro gun Dem's turn.

Its in their nature to be anti gun. About the same as a rattlesnakes need to strike. and in this case just as deadly for our dying rights.

threadcrapper
04-17-2007, 11:36 AM
The Anti-gun crowd must have loved yesterdays events. They danced with joy that they have fresh material to go " see...see..guns are bad." Like many have said, if anyone else was armed, besides the suspect, the high body count could have been prevented. This is why I will not watch CNN or other channels and I cancaled our Liberal OC paper weeks ago. If I want news, I'll go to NRA.COM

bwiese
04-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Like I said: prepare for much more of this, courtesy of the liberals in the media. And don't be surprised if the so called "pro-gun Democrats" will be more than happy to cave in to the media pressure.

Found this over on THR...

Fox News: "Gun control not high on [Senate] to-do list"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266586,00.html

Underlines are mine...

1:51 p.m. ET: Senate: Gun control not high on to-do list: Some advocates of gun control are using the VA Tech shooting incident to push for more action in Congress on the issue, but there is little appetite for this in the Senate (probably similar in the House). A number of Democrats told FOX today that it's premature to be talking about gun control. Still others said it would not happen, given the support for gun ownership, especially among the incoming freshman class, with senators like Jim Webb, D-VA, who carries a permitted, concealed weapon, and Jon Tester, D-MT. In addition, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, is a gun rights advocate, as is the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-VT. Leahy is an avid hunter.