PDA

View Full Version : improper storage?

bbbppc
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Me and a co-worker are in a discussion about penalties for improper storage of a hand gun in a vehicle.
So for instance if a Leo pulls you over and sees a loaded handgun in you glove box when you get your registration out, if you don't get shot, what sentence could those charges bring?

Shane916
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Carrying a Concealed Weapon :)

I know its in 12031 and 12025

Misedemeanors.. Although I think those qualify for the 10 years can't buy firearm list

bwiese
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
2 charges - concealable wepaon, carrying a loaded concealable wepaon.

Handgun should be unloaded, and in a locked container other than glove box, console, etc.

Transported handguns also should really should only be moving between specific authorized destinations, so in case of a traffic stop, ensure if the cop asks questions about where you're heading (WHICH YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER), that your trip's starting point & destination are lawful places to have a handgun (which could include your home, a gun range, a legal place to shoot, gun shop, friend's house, family member's house - even out of state is a lawful destination.)

Most folks & most cops don't realize the above and if the gun's locked up & unloaded and you look OK, you won't have a problem.