PDA

View Full Version : Local liberal's view of VT shooting

WolfMansDad
04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I work with a woman who is extremely liberal and very vocal about it. We get along, but we respectfully disagree on just about everything.

This morning she said to me, "If even one person there had had a gun, he could have just blown the shooter away and saved a lot of lives."

She thought it. I thought it. Others outside these forums must have thought it, too.

DedEye
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I work with a woman who is extremely liberal and very vocal about it. We get along, but we respectfully disagree on just about everything.

This morning she said to me, "If even one person there had had a gun, he could have just blown the shooter away and saved a lot of lives."

She thought it. I thought it. Others outside these forums must have thought it, too.

I think the best thing we can hope for to come of this horrendous tragedy is that people will be allowed to defend themselves with CCWs more frequently. If this very dark cloud can have a silver lining, let's hope it will be that in the future, this will have the same impact as the Luby's massacre.

Cpl_Peters
04-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Exactly. Funny how an era with the strictest gun control laws is also the era with the highest body counts and gun violence? Did people all of the sudden get crazier over the last 100 years? No! Gun control just doesnt work. Take out a person's ability to defend themselves is like de-clawing a cat.

However, on a side note, i hate cats.

CA357
04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, it'll probably go against the Second Amendment. The gungrabber libs figure no guns equals no shooting. They're too ignorant to realize we're talking legal guns. I'm really pissed with the spin that they've already started.