PDA

View Full Version : Went to Bright Lake on sunday

Thrillbilly
04-17-2007, 8:43 AM
Well the fishing was not as good as it has been the past couple of weeks. Last week and the week prior to that we were having good luck there. This was great as Bright Lake is about a 5 min drive from my house :D We had been catchin both Bass and Trout. However the weather was not that great this last weekend we only caught 1 Trout each.

Taken with a cell phone sorry about the quality
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/sashathelen/BriteLake1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/sashathelen/BriteLake.jpg

Whitesmoke
04-17-2007, 2:00 PM
Is that the one in Tehachapi? If it is, I used to go there as a kid and catch fish like crazy. I loved that place.

Can you give me some more info on that place? I'd like to take my kids there....

Thrillbilly
04-17-2007, 2:20 PM
Is that the one in Tehachapi? If it is, I used to go there as a kid and catch my fish like crazy. I loved that place.

Can you give me some more info on that place? I'd like to take my kids there....

Yes it is the one in Tehachapi. It is $5.00/car load. We first went there about 3 weeks ago I got 3 Bass and 5 Trout that day using inflated crawlers. About a week ago we went there and were catching approx 2lb Trout on yellow power bait and inflated crawlers. Last sunday both fish were caught on inflated crawlers. We usually get there around 06:00 and leave around 11:00 then we will usually go back around 16:00 and leave after sundown or if the bite stops.

Whitesmoke
04-17-2007, 2:53 PM
Hey thanks for the info....thats some great fishing.

So..there is no "per fish" charge for those you keep either? $5 per car load is dirt cheap for a private owned lake.

Thrillbilly
04-17-2007, 2:59 PM
Hey thanks for the info....thats some great fishing.

So..there is no "per fish" charge for those you keep either? $5 per car load is dirt cheap for a private owned lake.

Oh sorry I forgot one detail the limit is 5 for Bass and Trout. I dont remember what the Cat limit is as it has been a bit cold to try to fish for them yet.

Whitesmoke
04-17-2007, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the info....:D

Maybe when the snow melts...I'll bring the kids up there. It would be nice for them to catch some fish for a change.