PDA

View Full Version : NRA needs you NOW!

tedbeemer
04-16-2007, 5:15 PM
In the wake of this horrible sickening tragedy, you can bet there will be a massive tidal wave of anti-gun legislation. The NRA, America's premire gun rights organization only has 4 million out of an estimated 44 million gun owners as members, yet the NRA is acknowedged as the most powerful pro-gun lobby. Imagine how great the NRA would be if it even had only 25%, or 11 million members!

Please go to http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/ , find an NRA Members' Council near you, and GET INVOLVED right now! Otherwise, we may all be dealing with some of the most repressive ( HR1022?) anti-gun laws America has ever seen.

Don't believe me? Go to http://www.handguncontrol.org/ and read it for yourself ...

Super_tactical
04-16-2007, 5:20 PM
I just joined the NRA last week after putting it off for years.

I am now the NRA.

Centurion_D
04-16-2007, 5:22 PM
Proud member of the NRA...and will continue my membership.:D

6172crew
04-16-2007, 5:27 PM

I am now the NRA.
Welcome aboard! I talked 6 years of **** before joining, I have no idea why it took me so long.:)

Gshock
04-16-2007, 5:46 PM
I rejoined a few months ago. Best deal just go to a gun show join for $25, and you get free admission to the show an NRA hat and a free magazine subscription :D , and I think you can add another year of mebership every time yo go to a show for like $17 and get admission to the show. Good deal, real simple and every member helps. I even bought my wife a membership just to add another to the head count and she doesn't even shoot.....yet;)

midnitereaper
04-16-2007, 6:00 PM
Is the NRA going to be on ABC, CNN and MSNBC tonight to give gun defence on the topics of gun laws and gun violence?

grammaton76
04-16-2007, 6:03 PM
Will the NRA be permitted to be on ABC, CNN and MSNBC tonight to give gun defence on the topics of gun laws and gun violence?

Fixed it for ya. Most of the media outlets won't allow the NRA to provide counterpoints.

five.five-six
04-16-2007, 6:05 PM
Blacksburg, VA Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement:

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the Virginia Tech University community, and to the families of the victims of what appears to be one of the worst mass shootings in American history.

"Details are still forthcoming about what motivated the shooter in this case to act, and how he was able to arm himself. It is well known, however, how easy it is for an individual to get powerful weapons in our country.

"Eight years ago this week, the young people in Littleton, Colorado suffered a horrible attack at Columbine High School, and almost exactly six months ago, five young people were killed at an Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania. Since these killings, we've done nothing as a country to end gun violence in our schools and communities. If anything, we've made it easier to access powerful weapons.

"We have now seen another horrible tragedy that will never be forgotten. It is long overdue for us to take some common-sense actions to prevent tragedies like this from continuing to occur."

Sarah Brady, I hold you partly responsable for about 25 of the dead

midnitereaper
04-16-2007, 6:06 PM
Fixed it for ya. Most of the media outlets won't allow the NRA to provide counterpoints.

hmm that doesn't make much sence. The story on CNN on athiests under attack brought in an athiest to speek on their behalf. Why not have a pro gun NRA member speak in behalf of gun owners? Guess I will just have to wait and watch the shows tonight and then email them asking why their story was one sided.

bbq_ribs
04-16-2007, 6:08 PM
Sarah Brady, I hold you partly responsable for about 25 of the dead

Yeah, that Brady Campaign press release disgusted me.

grammaton76
04-16-2007, 6:09 PM
hmm that doesn't make much sence. The story on CNN on athiests under attack brought in an athiest to speek on their behalf. Why not have a pro gun NRA member speak in behalf of gun owners? Guess I will just have to wait and watch the shows tonight and then email them asking why their story was one sided.

I forget where, but there was a story a few years back about how newspapers and broadcasters tend to refuse to permit the NRA (or indeed, any pro-gun organization) to have a voice.

Remember, the majority of the media is biased, and they do not want a credible gun owner speaking on our behalf. It might mess with their desired outcome, you see.

thmpr
04-16-2007, 6:12 PM
Support to the NRA should be done through the good and bad times.....

Tzvia
04-16-2007, 6:14 PM
Folks, if you do the year by year, upgrade! First I did 3, then 5 years. Finally I said SHOOT (sorta) and did the easy pay life. I think it's still 25 bucks every 3 months. Cm'on- that's a stinkn large pizza with two toppings every 3 months. Perspective! Which is more important? Some colesterol, or fighting for your rights! Now I can say I'm a life member, all paid off and I did not feel it. One less pizza every three months did not hurt at all.

Pony up folks.

We just know some slimy politicians will just be drooling over the graves of those poor victims, using this terrible terrible tragedy for their own sleezy powerplay. Anybody that abuses those poor victims in such a way deserves to be impeached/recalled-whatever it takes.

CalNRA
04-16-2007, 6:20 PM
I have been a member since I was old enough to buy a gun. Don't forget guys, don't just pay the dues but also contribute!!!! The Bradies are going paint us all with a sinister stroke for something that was done illegally by a moron who wasn't even a resident, don't let them get away with it!!!

mcubed4130
04-16-2007, 6:25 PM
If only 1 side of the story is told enough times... people tend to believe it... even if it is the lie, that most people want gun-control.

-M3

mike100
04-16-2007, 6:26 PM
Usually my shoes squeak when I walk, but I rounded up the extra dollar for the NRA donation when I bought stuff from Midway today. 2 year membership renewel as well. If the NRA could just get about a million more gun owners to join as one year members...

Incitatus
04-16-2007, 6:47 PM

+1

http://www.familyfriendsfirearms.com/forum/fffmain/smilies/lool.gif

midnitereaper
04-16-2007, 6:50 PM
Freakin Dr. Phil on CNN blames it on the violent video games. Says they program our youth to become psychotic murderers. Bastards are going to attack another love in my life now!

SemiAutoSam
04-16-2007, 6:54 PM
Yep.

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/catapult.jpg

If only 1 side of the story is told enough times... people tend to believe it... even if it is the lie, that most people want gun-control.

-M3

Shane916
04-16-2007, 7:50 PM

I am now the NRA.

:D yay!!!!

bg
04-16-2007, 8:11 PM
Yea the media front is trying to get someone to say the weapon was some
sort of "assault" weapon. Even those schmoes on ESPN's PTI were saying
there are "WAY TO MANY GUNS & AMMO". This came out the trap of that
moron Tony Kornheiser or Kornhole or whatever his name is..Curic on
CBS was doing the dance, etc..I truly feel for the innocent victims, but
it seems like a breakdown on logistics and hunting for the killer.

I just don't know, but the heat is going to be HOT on this one for pro-gun
enthusiasts everywhere..

Josh3239
04-16-2007, 8:34 PM
Just sent my check for membership to the NRA this morning. :D

ElCUBANO
04-16-2007, 8:58 PM
Life member wife and will start easy pay this year. NRA will need all of us this year.

Spdjunkie
04-16-2007, 9:03 PM
Please submit on this poll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/BeSeenBeHeard/popup?id=3046132
* Its not going in their favor

- You may have to refresh it, or wait, but the poll is there, its a YES, NO, ??? Poll for stricter gun laws.

R.I.P. to all,its a sad day for all Americans across the nation

Ed8756
04-16-2007, 9:04 PM
just renewed for 3 years

joe_sun
04-16-2007, 9:15 PM
My membership is good for a while but I had an extra $25.00 in my bank account I sent over to the NRA ILA.

They will make good use of the money.

Rem1492
04-16-2007, 9:17 PM
renewed, thank God NRA and GOA are there to help make sure we can defend ourselves, unlike these poor students.

6172crew
04-16-2007, 9:19 PM
Sam what does that have to do with the topic?:rolleyes: I swear you must have a thousand anti-bush stickers on your vehicles and a bush voodoo doll but crossing what happened today with him is a square peg in a round hole bud.:confused:

Back on topic, I did see the evil FNC channel bring up the CCW issue and the guy who looks like an old eddie munster said he thought it would have saved lives if CCW was allowed on campus.

From the poll above.
There are at least 29 confirmed dead in the shooting at Virginia Tech University, making it the worst campus shooting in American history. Law enforcement officials believe the gunman was firing at least two 9mm semi-automatic pistols.
Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?

No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.
Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.13,793
I'm not sure. I need more information.1,133
Total Vote: 48,165

bbq_ribs
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
If you're on the fence about joining the NRA, hop over to the "join" side.

At the VERY VERY LEAST you get some cool discounts. The ex & I rented a car during our last trip to Maryland and the NRA discount saved us almost $150! That's a heck of a lot more than the yearly membership cost.

It's worth it. Do it. We must all stand as united as we can, especially in the face of Dianne Feinstein and her New Democrat Overlords. :|

reefer_bob
04-17-2007, 1:29 PM
I'll admit... I've been on the fence for quite a while... and it's sad that it takes something like this to shake me off...

However, I have just joined... :)

I'm really scared for our rights now, and I figured I needed to do something to make my voice heard.

cloner
04-17-2007, 2:05 PM
I have also joined the NRA in response to this issue. Yes, I should have been a member all along but better now then never.

Cloner

catsupsam
04-17-2007, 2:57 PM
Life Members.
Did you get a note regarding gifting a life membership to family and friends for $300.00? If so, I would like to be your new friend.

grammaton76
04-17-2007, 3:18 PM
Yes, but that offer expired for me at New Year's. However, I did get both my parents on the bandwagon. :)