View Full Version : How can I ship a C&R rifle in Cal. or outside

03-24-2012, 8:38 PM
Can anyone here tell me the legal and proper way to mail/ship and old C&R rifle in Cal. or maybe out of state? Thanks in advance !

03-24-2012, 8:42 PM
Box it well, hand it to the ups, fedex, or usps counterperson. Don't write "gun" on the box.

03-24-2012, 8:50 PM
Out of state requires you to have a signed copy of the receiving party's C&R.

03-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Make sure that the rilfe is in fact, 50 years or older for Within Cali, get a copy of the buyers DL and a signed note from the buyer saying they are not prohibited from owning firearms, or if the have a C&R FFL 03 get a copy of that too. MAke sure you keep all recors of the sale, just in case, you never know. If you are C&R FFL 03 hodler, make sure to mark the sale in your bound book.
Get a nice long box and bubble wrap, package accordingly, and take it Fedex and ship it out, and never ever ship ammo with the weapon, that is a no no. You must ship the ammo seperatly. You do not have to disclose to FedEX or UPS that there is a long gun in the box. I do insure the box, and if they do ask, which they never do, I just tell them it is sporting equipment:D

And to confirm what lpspinner has said, yes, out of state, you must get a copy of their C&R FFL 03 or FFL 01, if they have neither, it has to go to a FFL 01 dealer for transfer.

OH, and they must be at least 18 years old too to purchase a long gun.