PDA

View Full Version : What the HELL Reseda!

dougolupski
03-24-2012, 1:56 PM
Why do you have to provide such good service. Hah got you all thinking this was another bash Turners thread.

I went into the Reseda store on Thursday and happily walked out with a new CIA Wasr 10/64 AK-47 and a new DPMS AR-15 lower. They are on the new system and Rick did his best to get me in and out as soon as possible since I was play hooky from work. They were fast and efficient so I just want to give props where there do.

To all the complainers out there I do want to speak my piece. Turners is the only gun store in Southern California with multiple stores. They have been behind the curve for years with there computer system and are now trying to fix it. Give them an F'ing break most of these guys have only worked with it for a few weeks and it aint perfect. You want the deals but want to ***** about everything else. They are trying to make it better for us and them, think about that the next time your in there and show some patience and courtesy.

FourLoko
03-24-2012, 4:15 PM
amazed they actually had a WASR in there

CSACANNONEER
03-24-2012, 4:20 PM
Everyone makes a mistake once in a while. Sometimes, even Turner's employees provide good service by mistake.

BTW, Big 5 and Bass Pro both have multiple stores in Ca. Like Turner's, both sell other sporting goods besides firearms so, you gotta include them. Aren't there a couple stores in the OC that have different names but are owned and operated by the same owner(s)?

Rhythm of Life
03-24-2012, 4:24 PM
To all the complainers out there I do want to speak my piece. Turners is the only gun store in Southern California with multiple stores. They have been behind the curve for years with there computer system and are now trying to fix it. Give them an F'ing break most of these guys have only worked with it for a few weeks and it aint perfect. You want the deals but want to ***** about everything else. They are trying to make it better for us and them, think about that the next time your in there and show some patience and courtesy.

Big 5 who won't even replace broken ladders or dollies for their employees has a better computer system and they make most of their money from shoes.... whats that say about a dedicated gun store with bad programs?

And a couple weeks? Most people can master Photoshop and Illustrator in that time as well as Final Cut.

I guess its all on effort.

dougolupski
03-24-2012, 4:25 PM
Yeah I was shocked as well thats why I bought it on the spot. I only went in there to find out when my JD Machine lower was gonna be in and walked out with the wasr and another lower.

Sounds like they had a few wasr's instock, they are pulling a new one from the warehouse for me. Just need to give the old look over to see if everything is on the straight and narrow.

dougolupski
03-24-2012, 4:34 PM
Big 5 who won't even replace broken ladders or dollies for their employees has a better computer system and they make most of their money from shoes.... whats that say about a dedicated gun store with bad programs?

And a couple weeks? Most people can master Photoshop and Illustrator in that time as well as Final Cut.

I guess its all on effort.

Hey being some one who grew up buld IBM 486 labs I know computers and java/linux systems. But even dealing with my parents on a simple internet explorer issue make me want to suck start a shot gun. Some people have trouble relearning something new.

Hey big five is a nation wide chain that has been at if for years with larger amounts of money and a corporate infrastructure. Comparing those would be like comparing an AK and a bow and arrow. Give them the same time Big 5 has had and lets see what happens. If they are still in the dumps at the end of the year I will gladdly hop on the complain train.

But hey lets complain while taking advantage of all of there good deals. Most I wont say all since there are a few shops in Santa Barbara I deal with cost a whole lot more than them. So its all perspective is 30min extra worth saving a bunch more money?

gr8dragon88
03-25-2012, 9:06 AM
Anyone want to guess which FFL dealer sells the most firearms in CA?

huntercf
03-25-2012, 9:25 AM
I always have had good service from Turners, except for a PPT issue (which was resolved by corporate). I have bought most of my firearms from Turners and have been happy.

CSACANNONEER
03-25-2012, 9:36 AM
Anyone want to guess which FFL dealer sells the most firearms in CA?

Walmart used to.

bonzaiii
03-25-2012, 9:37 AM
"And a couple weeks? Most people can master Photoshop and Illustrator in that time as well as Final Cut."

Interesting, I didn't know Turners staff was learning Photoshop and Illustratoror Final Cut.

And I suppose if they sat in front of the computer all day they could learn their new system in a couple of weeks, however very little of there time is actually spent on the computers, most of it is spent helping customers!

JNunez23
03-25-2012, 9:47 AM
Haha...it's called "playing the odds"..SHOCKED the hell out of me!!

WOW, way to go Turners!!! positive feedback!!! woo hoo!!!!!

TheHammerOfTruth
03-25-2012, 4:10 PM
Everyone makes a mistake once in a while. Sometimes, even Turner's employees provide good service by mistake.

BTW, Big 5 and Bass Pro both have multiple stores in Ca. Like Turner's, both sell other sporting goods besides firearms so, you gotta include them. Aren't there a couple stores in the OC that have different names but are owned and operated by the same owner(s)?

What gun store do you work for exactly? Becasue after reading your posts in this forum as well as other posts not in this section, it appears that you work for a store other than a Turners store.

Im sure by now the Turners moderators have realized the same thing and dont lend any weight to any post you make.

If the OP had a good experience, and wants to share it, stop hijacking his thread and shut up and let him share it.

Also, Big 5 and Bass Pro Shops should never be mentioned as gun stores. What are you thinking? B5 doesnt sell handguns and few long guns. Ther salespeople are also attrocious. Bass Pro employees really take the cake when it comes to being uneducated (most of them) (eclipsed only by the B5 gun salespeople). I can go on and on about the nonsense I have seen at the Rancho and Las Vegas locations. Not more than a month ago I saw a salesman at the Rancho BP selling a guy a rifle scope to put on his Ruger revolver.

As a matter of fact, since you clearly posess exceptional customer service skills and knowledge in the gun industry why dont you go apply at B5 or at BP? You know what, wht dont you go apply at Turners. You superior skills and knowledge may just bring them up to a new standard of service.

Let us all know how that works out for you, Im sure we would all like to visit you behind a gun counter somewhere.

Until then, or until you have something positive to say (and until you stop hijacking other peoples threads) , please excercise your right to remain silent.

CSACANNONEER
03-25-2012, 5:30 PM
What gun store do you work for exactly? Becasue after reading your posts in this forum as well as other posts not in this section, it appears that you work for a store other than a Turners store.

Im sure by now the Turners moderators have realized the same thing and dont lend any weight to any post you make.

If the OP had a good experience, and wants to share it, stop hijacking his thread and shut up and let him share it.

Also, Big 5 and Bass Pro Shops should never be mentioned as gun stores. What are you thinking? B5 doesnt sell handguns and few long guns. Ther salespeople are also attrocious. Bass Pro employees really take the cake when it comes to being uneducated (most of them) (eclipsed only by the B5 gun salespeople). I can go on and on about the nonsense I have seen at the Rancho and Las Vegas locations. Not more than a month ago I saw a salesman at the Rancho BP selling a guy a rifle scope to put on his Ruger revolver.

As a matter of fact, since you clearly posess exceptional customer service skills and knowledge in the gun industry why dont you go apply at B5 or at BP? You know what, wht dont you go apply at Turners. You superior skills and knowledge may just bring them up to a new standard of service.

Let us all know how that works out for you, Im sure we would all like to visit you behind a gun counter somewhere.

Until then, or until you have something positive to say (and until you stop hijacking other peoples threads) , please excercise your right to remain silent.

Although I have never applied to work at any sales job, I was recruited and have worked PT at another shop/range in the past. It worked out great for both me and the owners. The new landlord refused to renew the lease and we had to close. Many members here did visit me while I was behind the counter there. Who knows, maybe you did too. :p I have shopped at and done bussiness with 5 or 6 different Turner's location. I will continue to put Turner's in the same class as Big 5 and Bass Pro since, they all sell more than just firearms related products. Sorry if you don't agree but, that's the catagory that Turner's put itself in by selling non firearms related products. I have spent an hour and a half in the Reseda store trying to pick up a 10-22 before. The entire time I was actually being helped by someone from the fishing dept. who had less of a clue about firearms than the dumbest 16 year cashier at Big 5.

Anyway, if you don't like my comments, you have the same right to post your comments as I do. So, I wil respect your right and mine by not remaining silent.:p

I'm glad that the OP got lucky and ended up with good service. However, in my experience, this hasn't been the norm. Let's hope that Turner's is really changing for the better.

gr8dragon88
03-25-2012, 8:25 PM
Walmart used to.

Not anymore, and not Turner's either (they are in 3rd/4th place in number of DROS submissions.)

Deep_color
03-25-2012, 8:56 PM
Not anymore, and not Turner's either (they are in 3rd/4th place in number of DROS submissions.)

Who then????

Speedpower
03-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm trying to figure out what exact model is the Wasr 10/64 AK-47 posted by the OP.

dougolupski
03-26-2012, 5:21 AM
Its a Century International Wasr 10/63.

CSACANNONEER
03-26-2012, 6:15 AM
Who then????

I already mentioned the largest firearms dealer in the state. Even though TheHammerOfTruth doesn't want to accept the fact that they are gun dealers because, they don't sell handguns, they are the biggest gun dealers in the state. Yes, Big 5 sells more firearms in Ca than any other retailer.

gr8dragon88
03-26-2012, 7:19 AM
I already mentioned the largest firearms dealer in the state. Even though TheHammerOfTruth doesn't want to accept the fact that they are gun dealers because, they don't sell handguns, they are the biggest gun dealers in the state. Yes, Big 5 sells more firearms in Ca than any other retailer.

we got a winner!!! it's the shoes people. :)

Deep_color
03-26-2012, 7:23 AM
I already mentioned the largest firearms dealer in the state.

Sorry I see it now I must have over read it. thanks