PDA

View Full Version : Brady Campaign and the .50 BMG

chiefcrash
04-16-2007, 9:36 AM
http://www.bradycampaign.com/action/50cal/il/

i *love* it when anyone starts spouting off the phrase "can shoot down airplanes and helicopters from more than a mile away" and "criminals and terrorists worldwide love this weapon".

yes, a .50 BMG can shoot down an airplane or helicopter from more than a mile away. so can a .22LR. the tricky part? trying to hit a tiny critical spot with one bullet, on a target moving 200+ MPH....

and if criminals and terrorists love this weapons, how come more people are killed with shopping carts and broken lawn chairs?

ldivinag
04-16-2007, 11:23 AM
because the brady bunch cant get squat money donations for anti-shopping carts or broken lawn chairs...

but mention "***-sault weapons..."

threadcrapper
04-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Brady bunch are insane. They're against the guns, when they should be against the criminals. If all the guns were removed from the American public, then only the criminals would have them. It's easy to disarm good Americans, but impossible to do with criminals nationwide.

sintax
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Has there ever been a .50bmg weapon used in a crime that we know of?

If we cant find one i'd love to have some pro-gun group (.50 cal shooters org) offer up a 10k donation to them if one has been used in a murder or plane shooting.

Could be a good publicity stunt and might paint the brady group as the lairs they are.

leelaw
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Has there ever been a .50bmg weapon used in a crime that we know of?

If we cant find one i'd love to have some pro-gun group (.50 cal shooters org) offer up a 10k donation to them if one has been used in a murder or plane shooting.

Could be a good publicity stunt and might paint the brady group as the lairs they are.

It was a proactive ban designed to protect:

Refineries
Armored limos
Helicopters
Aircraft
Children
Spacecraft
The Mars Rover
Kittens

Since it was a proactive ban and not a reactionary ban, no proof or history of its use in a crime is needed.

rips31
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
It was a proactive ban designed to protect:

Refineries
Armored limos
Helicopters
Aircraft
Children
Spacecraft
The Mars Rover
Kittens

Since it was a proactive ban and not a reactionary ban, no proof or history of its use in a crime is needed.

lol...i thought that .223 was the kitten/poodle gun. :D

ETD1010
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Not that I think hunting with a .50 BMG isn't overkill, but that idiot on the clip who said that a dear would be blown away with no meat left needs to be smacked. I know people who have shot deer with a .50 BMG, and even ballistically speaking, it wouldn't blow the whole dear apart. . .

adamsreeftank
04-16-2007, 4:04 PM
Not that I think hunting with a .50 BMG isn't overkill, but that idiot on the clip who said that a dear would be blown away with no meat left needs to be smacked. I know people who have shot deer with a .50 BMG, and even ballistically speaking, it wouldn't blow the whole dear apart. . .

Too bad we can't hunt with Raufus.

383green
04-16-2007, 4:27 PM
It's easy to disarm good Americans

Anybody who believes that can try to disarm me... :D

Python2
04-16-2007, 4:50 PM
Anybody who believes that can try to disarm me... :D

Thats easy, we'll wait until you are asleep:D

383green
04-16-2007, 4:52 PM
Thats easy, we'll wait until you are asleep:D

Naw, you won't get within 50 yards without setting off my dogs! ;)

Like I always tell people when they ask me if I jog: I don't run unless I'm out of ammo. :D