PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Point of Confusion

pennys dad
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi Appleseeders

I need some help because I am happily confused.

So, the Calguns/Appleseed forum has activity but the Appleseed/Cali forum is a graveyard. Help me understand.
I am trying to bring life back into the Appleseed/Cali forum, but here I am back in Calguns/Appleseed.

Give me a hand, how should I proceed or should proceed? :)

ccandgc
03-23-2012, 6:26 PM
IMHO.....I read certain forums on the AS site(kids, instructor stuff, CA boards, ammo, etc). And usually only those....don't have much interest in whats happening in other states....so after reading the 5-6 I usually read, I leave. Calguns OTOH has quite a few forums I read, so it seems like I spend more time here. I do enjoy reading the AS forums, but I do agree that lately it has dropped off significantly.

Eljay
03-23-2012, 6:31 PM
Why is that even a problem?

Eljay
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
You know, after popping over there and seeing Pennys Dad's plans to spam calguns and CRPA members and any other mailing list they can come up with I'm really pretty disgusted. I'm going to stop answering any questions or helping people with Appleseed issues on either forum and I'm going to see if I can get a refund on the next shoot I'm signed up for.

as_rocketman
03-24-2012, 3:10 PM
Hmmm... don't think that was quite the idea. Maybe you two should talk. I can see your concern, mind you.

as_rocketman
03-24-2012, 3:10 PM
Whoa, weird double-tap. I'd better pull this rifle off the line... :p

pennys dad
03-24-2012, 6:03 PM
IMHO.....I read certain forums on the AS site(kids, instructor stuff, CA boards, ammo, etc). And usually only those....don't have much interest in whats happening in other states....so after reading the 5-6 I usually read, I leave. Calguns OTOH has quite a few forums I read, so it seems like I spend more time here. I do enjoy reading the AS forums, but I do agree that lately it has dropped off significantly.

Interesting point. So the AS sight is better suited to the business of AS, where Calguns is better suited to the everyday conversation.
So it isnt a matter of renewing conversation as much as offering idea's for action?

ccandgc
03-24-2012, 6:33 PM
The AS site is on my regular circuit of sites I check daily. I'm not sure what you mean....I'm just saying that there is always something new here, and it seems (to me) there is only new stuff occasionally on the CA forums at AS. Don't know why, that's just my observation.

pennys dad
03-24-2012, 7:44 PM
The AS site is on my regular circuit of sites I check daily. I'm not sure what you mean....I'm just saying that there is always something new here, and it seems (to me) there is only new stuff occasionally on the CA forums at AS. Don't know why, that's just my observation.

Thank You for the clarification, I have a better understanding. I like the part about about the AS site being on your regular circuit, that gives me some hope and thoughts.
Appreciated.

laika
04-09-2012, 5:43 PM
I read this and the Ladies' Forum daily. I don't post here much because I haven't been yet (what would I add?) Don't post much in the Ladies' because seems like the men mainly post there about their wives.

But both give me valuable info.

I'm glad this is here. I shudder if it became a busy "off topic" type place. It's a niche subforum.

ejhc11
05-10-2012, 3:42 AM
Holy smokes didn't even knew there was a AS Southern CA subforum...

The Calgun's forum is really organized and easy to navigate when compared to a lot of forums out there, that AS one is another story.