PDA

View Full Version : *Product Availability*

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
For the last month and a half, we have been seeing more and more delays in gun orders coming from major factories and distributors alike. Gun sales have been on record pace every month since early fall of last year and there has been no post-Christmas lull whatsoever.

As we've mentioned before, in the fall we started placing larger orders (and more of them) in order to keep pace. As we headed into the buying shows (like SHOT and others) we placed 12 months of orders so that we had placement in line as demand continued to build.

Yesterday the national demand reached such a high point that Ruger suspended taking new orders from distributors for the next 90 days. Ruger alone has a back order of 1,000,000 guns.

Since we have some longstanding orders in place, we will be better insulated then folks who order guns as they go, but we expect delays that will worsen over time.

Read the post below for Ruger's press release.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
"Ruger Temporarily Suspends Acceptance of New Orders"

SOUTHPORT, CT --Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders."

monkeylice
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Given the shortage of Ruger guns on the market right now, if we manage to find some in stock out of state (I am itching to get a Mark III) would you consider temporarily lowering the cost of an FFL?

Moving Chicane
03-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks for posting! :) The reality is now being acknowledged in/by a larger channel.

Hopefully this will take some pressure off of you guys too.

And just make people like me more frustrated because I can't actually buy what I want! :(

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 2:26 PM
Given the shortage of Ruger guns on the market right now, if we manage to find some in stock out of state (I am itching to get a Mark III) would you consider temporarily lowering the cost of an FFL?

Keep in mind that Ruger is shipping guns and that our relationship with Ruger is very strong. We got 500+ of the new 10/22 takedown, we've received more SR-22's than anyone and we just received another 400 misc. Rugers in the last week or so. They cut off new orders to distributors but we have quite a few guns in that million-gun back order that are on the way.

PM us if there is a particular MKIII that we don't have and we'll let you know if we have them on the way.

monkeylice
03-29-2012, 3:08 PM
I actually put a deposit down on Monday for a 22/45 on your spring sale! Going there right now to pay it off actually. Thanks!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

sulla
04-20-2012, 8:29 PM
I bought a Glock 21 over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to come in to the warehouse for a serial # just to get started on the background check. I thought it would be a lot quicker, but sounds like I could have even more time to wait yet.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 6:42 AM
I bought a Glock 21 over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to come in to the warehouse for a serial # just to get started on the background check. I thought it would be a lot quicker, but sounds like I could have even more time to wait yet.

S&W- Shipped quite a few Sigma's, Walthers and rifles last week. They still owe us 100's of M&P's.

Colt- Has quite a few 6940's on the way, but still owes us 6920MP (MOE's).

Glock- we have quite a few 17's and 19's but 21's are not shipping right now.

The next 30 days will be extremely tight for ammo and some guns- we have standing orders from guns that will ship, albeit months after they were originally due to us.

It should loosen up a bit after that but this will be a year that exceeds all of the historical gun and ammo runs- '92 (LA Riots), '94 (Crime Bill), '99 (AW and High Cap Restrictions/Millenium Panic), '01 (9/11), 03 (Hurricane Katrina) and '08/'09 (post-Obama election).

Having standing orders and a lot of factory direct orders will insulate us quite a bit but we will experience periods of extended out-of-stocks on a few models.

Pissedashell
05-20-2012, 3:09 AM
How about inventory on the little Phoenix Arms HP22A's? Putting them in an upcoming weekly flyer to help me better celebrate the onset of Summer would be nice hint hint:D
Oh and by the way, (sales aside) is it possible to order the Rangemaster kit that comes with an extra 5" barrel as well as other accessories in a solid case? That would be awesome to add to the collection ... Thanks!

kbeez21
05-22-2012, 2:10 PM
What is the status of backordered Benelli Supernova Tacticals?

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
How about inventory on the little Phoenix Arms HP22A's? Putting them in an upcoming weekly flyer to help me better celebrate the onset of Summer would be nice hint hint:D
Oh and by the way, (sales aside) is it possible to order the Rangemaster kit that comes with an extra 5" barrel as well as other accessories in a solid case? That would be awesome to add to the collection ... Thanks!

We had been getting standard models a 100 or so at a time but it has been a few weeks since we've seen either black or nickel guns in stock. As for the Rangemaster kit, contact your local Turner's about a special order. We may be able to get a single pistol easier than our typical large order quantities.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 10:36 AM
What is the status of backordered Benelli Supernova Tacticals?

Contact the Turner's where your deposit is at; it looks like we might have some just arrived but the quantity may not have filled all open deposits. They can take a look and see if we can get you situated.

Pissedashell
05-27-2012, 1:22 AM
We had been getting standard models a 100 or so at a time but it has been a few weeks since we've seen either black or nickel guns in stock. As for the Rangemaster kit, contact your local Turner's about a special order. We may be able to get a single pistol easier than our typical large order quantities.

Ok cool thanks! Will do :cool:

kbeez21
06-12-2012, 3:01 PM
It's been a couple months now and I still have a deposit outstanding for a Benelli Supernova Tactical. Last time i walked in and the sales people at the Pasadena store told me that they have no clue when it would come in. I would still like the gun but if i cant even get a rough time table I would like to get a full refund. Is that possible?

Turner's Outdoorsman
06-14-2012, 3:03 PM
It's been a couple months now and I still have a deposit outstanding for a Benelli Supernova Tactical. Last time i walked in and the sales people at the Pasadena store told me that they have no clue when it would come in. I would still like the gun but if i cant even get a rough time table I would like to get a full refund. Is that possible?

Yes, you can. Benelli is shipping sporadically at best so it's hard to say if those guns would arrive tomorrow or even more months from now. But we understand. Contact the store manager at that store and they'll take care of it.