PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms

GunDog
03-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Anybody have experience ordering AR-15 upper receiver assemblies direct from Stag Arms? My usual "go to" suppliers are currently out of the Stag uppers I am interested in. Just curious what kind of customer service I can expect in dealing directly with Stag Arms. Also, is it worth the extra $75.00 per upper to get the "plus package" with higher grade bbl, bolt carrier, 1-7" twist, etc.

glockman19
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Try,

www.lanworldinc.com

ThemBastards
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Anybody have experience ordering AR-15 upper receiver assemblies direct from Stag Arms? My usual "go to" suppliers are currently out of the Stag uppers I am interested in. Just curious what kind of customer service I can expect in dealing directly with Stag Arms. Also, is it worth the extra $75.00 per upper to get the "plus package" with higher grade bbl, bolt carrier, 1-7" twist, etc.

Is Pete in NH your usual carrier? Just curious becasue I was thinking of using them soon.

Undecided
03-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I ordered my 2HT upper directly from Stag and had no problems. This was during the shortage after the 2008 election. Customer service was great.

Yemff
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
These guys have the best prices on stag uppers ive seen

http://shop.umlautarms.com/Upper-Assemblies_c27.htm

tenpercentfirearms
03-22-2012, 1:29 PM
I order all of my uppers direct from Stag. I have zero complaints so far.

JNunez23
03-22-2012, 3:22 PM
Yes, get the "plus package"

It includes:

4150 CMV barrel steel chrome lined
- 1/7 Twist rifling
- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
- M-16 Bolt Carrier
- Heavy (H) buffer assembly
- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)* ( Not for us of course )

GunDog
03-22-2012, 4:10 PM
So far, all the feedback I've been getting (this site and others) has been positive with regard to Stag Arms. Think I'm going to make the move and submit an online order. Will be going for the "plus package" as well. Seems like a good upgrade and I've been wanting to go with the 1-7" twist. I realize that better deals are advertised elsewhere but, that doesn't do me any good if the item I require is not in stock. Thanks to all for the comments.

Colt-45
03-22-2012, 6:03 PM
Yes get the plus package you wont be sorry.

brianm767
03-22-2012, 6:10 PM
Stag Arms are good to go, one of my favorite AR brands, I would get the upgrade unless your on a tight budget.

GunDog
03-23-2012, 4:35 PM
Well an on-line order has been submitted to Stag Arms for two of their 1H upper assemblies with the "plus package." Stag has responded via email and my on-line account saying that order is being processed and uppers will ship within 2 weeks. Checked with the bank and my C/C was billed this afternoon. So far, so good. With any luck I might receive my new uppers by the end of next week. They'll be paired up with a couple JD lowers I built last year using Stag LPKs and Stag collapsible butt kits.

SOCAL-PRINCE
03-23-2012, 5:10 PM
Stag Arms is GTG! I have the Stag Model 8 and I accidentally broke the lower receiver installing a trigger guard and Stag gave me a brand new lower no questions asked. I'm a customer for life!! You will not regret it man....

TXDARKHORSE361
03-23-2012, 6:02 PM
I personally haven't ordered directly through them (though I do have a few of their products), I did however help a good friend with the upper he ordered through them. He realized after he had payed for the item online that "oops clicked the wrong darn button" I told him to give them a call so he did. He did and within 15 minutes from dialing he had gotten through to a real person, explained the situation, gave them the order details, explained what he actually meant to order, got a confirmation that it had been corrected, and hung up very satisfied saying that the person on the other end was very courteous and understanding. I'd call that quality customer service, I have no clue on the plus package though not sure if he got that.

GunDog
03-23-2012, 6:37 PM
I personally haven't ordered directly through them (though I do have a few of their products), I did however help a good friend with the upper he ordered through them. He realized after he had payed for the item online that "oops clicked the wrong darn button" I told him to give them a call so he did. He did and within 15 minutes from dialing he had gotten through to a real person, explained the situation, gave them the order details, explained what he actually meant to order, got a confirmation that it had been corrected, and hung up very satisfied saying that the person on the other end was very courteous and understanding. I'd call that quality customer service, I have no clue on the plus package though not sure if he got that.

Had a similar experience. First ordered didn't get the insurance. Called Customer Service and got the insurance added on and also elected the "package plus." Received e-mail from Stag confirming all the changes that were made to order. Good vibes so far.

bcsoftware
03-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Stag is the bomb they have great costumer service and lifetime warranty. have Stag model 4 bought complete and 2 Stag model 3 uppers. had problem with model 4 had to send in for
warranty they were great quick turn around. best ar for the money

HkFan416
03-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Stag makes great products.

As far as the plus package option, that is entirely up to you. There's plenty of debate around regarding the extra stuff such as MP test barrels, Bolt, etc. But the conclusion always seems come to that you'll never really tell the difference between the two, unless you're shooting heavier bullets like 75 grn and 77 grn ammo.

Bobby Ricigliano
03-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Sshhhh... Stag is the secret brand for folks who like high quality rifles without the high prices!

Stag repaired an issue on my 2HT upper and paid for shipping both ways even though I didn't buy it direct from them. Fan for life.

bcsoftware
03-24-2012, 8:48 AM
Sshhhh... Stag is the secret brand for folks who like high quality rifles without the high prices!

Stag repaired an issue on my 2HT upper and paid for shipping both ways even though I didn't buy it direct from them. Fan for life.
very well put and lifetime warranty is the cherry on top.

JNunez23
03-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Stag Arms is an awesome company.

Great service, top quality products, and a lifetime warranty with a company that has been around for some time.