PDA

View Full Version : New To The Site & Can Use A little Help

Gun_Owner_901
03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi guys I am new here on the forum and had a coupe of questions. 1. Does anyone know if a Patriot Ordnance Firearms lower is an approved lower for California, I am only asking this question here because I can't find the OLL list. My 2nd question is a 2 part question, Does a upper have to be shipped to a FFL dealer, I know the lower has to have a BB installed if you want to have things like a flash suppressor, collapsible buttstock or a pistol grip, but is there anything else that would make an upper be illegal. Also could someone please leave a link to the OLL list. I hope someone can help me with this, Thank You.

osis32
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
there is not oll list. the list bans lowers on the list. anything off the list (off list lower or oll) can be purchased in CA. simply put its not on the list you can buy and own it as long as youre not prohibited by criminal conviction. uppers and every other ar part can be sent directly to you. only thing that has to be shipped to an ffl in the serialed part. in the case of an ar thats the stripped lower receiver. there doesnt have to be a bb on the lower when you buy it either. just make sure before you attach an upper that you have some type of mag lock installed if you dont go feature less. if I forgot something Im sure it will be added. welcome to the forum

Speedpower
03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
The Flowchart is right above this thread! anyway here: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Upper is not considered a firearm, so it does not need an FFL. it will ship to you directly!

jbush
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Welcome. If you're buying a lower from a licensed California gun shop it will be legal. Gun shops don't sell listed lowers. Every other part but the serial numbered lower can be shipped to you directly as stated.

alfred1222
03-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Welcome. If you're buying a lower from a licensed California gun shop it will be legal. Gun shops don't sell listed lowers. Every other part but the serial numbered lower can be shipped to you directly as stated.

This exactly. the list is just for the rifles that are prohibited. gun shops will not see them, they wont ever carry them. if you are buying the lower from california, it will be legal. and as for the upper, it can be shipped to your door, but a quick word of caution. dont buy uppers that are less than 16" unless you already own an AR pistol. this could lead to a potential constructive possession situation.

Gun_Owner_901
03-22-2012, 12:41 AM
The lower I am looking at is made by POF-USA and they are made out of state, could i have them ship a striped lower to my local FFL dealer and still have it be legal, I have looked at the flow chart and they aren't listed on any of the 3 lists.

alfred1222
03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
The lower I am looking at is made by POF-USA and they are made out of state, could i have them ship a striped lower to my local FFL dealer and still have it be legal, I have looked at the flow chart and they aren't listed on any of the 3 lists.

If it isnt listed, than its legal. if you really want to be safe, call your FFL and have him check. but you should be fine.

osis32
03-22-2012, 12:51 AM

yes have them ship it to your ffl. the ffl will charge you a transfer fee tax and dros. around $100-120 added to the cost of the lower. you will then have 10 24 hour periods to wait after your ffl receives it and you do the paper work.

Gun_Owner_901
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Ok thank you guys for all the help.