PDA

View Full Version : World Record?

rplusplus
03-21-2012, 5:52 PM
Thought I would drop in at lunch time today (11:30 KM Store) to see if I could check out the Del-Ton Echo you had on sale this week. I picked my number and I was number 4 in the queue (looking good). 5 mins. later I was called and 10 mins. later was walking out the door with my DROS completed and deposit paid. Total time from getting my ticket to payment 19 minutes (yeah I checked).

So... is that a record?

I doubt it, but just wanted to say Thanks to the great folks at Turners Kearney Mesa and I will see you in 10 days. :)

dougolupski
03-21-2012, 8:19 PM
That my friend is a record in my book. Golf Clap>>>>>>>>>>

Assuming you got the Del-Ton

gr8dragon88
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I've been at 2 Turner's stores last week that had been cut-over to the new system and it seemed to be faster than the old one. However, there're are some bugs to work out along with training.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 2:05 PM
Thought I would drop in at lunch time today (11:30 KM Store) to see if I could check out the Del-Ton Echo you had on sale this week. I picked my number and I was number 4 in the queue (looking good). 5 mins. later I was called and 10 mins. later was walking out the door with my DROS completed and deposit paid. Total time from getting my ticket to payment 19 minutes (yeah I checked).

So... is that a record?

I doubt it, but just wanted to say Thanks to the great folks at Turners Kearney Mesa and I will see you in 10 days. :)

Thanks for the feedback; we'll continue to try to make that the norm, instead of the exception.

I've been at 2 Turner's stores last week that had been cut-over to the new system and it seemed to be faster than the old one. However, there're are some bugs to work out along with training.

Yes, things are quicker but yes we are experiencing more than a few bumps. To say the least, converting data from a "one-off, customized" program into an entirely new system is bit different than moving from Office 2007 to Office 2011.

As of today, we'll have all stores on the new system and it will likely a bit longer to get everything on track.

BajaJames83
03-22-2012, 2:27 PM
I had a similar transcation on tuesday at the San Marcos turners. I was doing a PPT, in a matter of miniutes we were being helped and on our ways.

Thanks Turners!

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 2:49 PM
I had a similar transcation on tuesday at the San Marcos turners. I was doing a PPT, in a matter of miniutes we were being helped and on our ways.

Thanks Turners!

Of all of the things that are faster with the new software, the biggest difference by far is how quickly PPT's can be processed compared to old system.

rplusplus
03-22-2012, 5:53 PM
That my friend is a record in my book. Golf Clap>>>>>>>>>>

Assuming you got the Del-Ton

Yep got the Del-Ton. =]

rplusplus
04-05-2012, 4:56 PM
Follow up. So Day 10 arrives... and I missed it... I had bone headed it and "Thought" my 10 days was up on Sunday the 1st... When instead it was Saturday the 31st! So come Sunday morning... hopped in the car and was in the door at 10:05am on Sunday and Out the door at 10:25 with my new rifle. No Drama, just great service.

Thanks again KM Turners. Byt the way... Excellent little rifle... 100 rounds down the pipe and flawless.

rplusplus
05-25-2012, 6:55 PM
And another... was first in line today as they opened at 10 am on the dot... 22 mins and out the door with my DROS completed for the Ruger LC9 on sale this week... I attribute the extra 3 mins. for the fact that is was a handgun and there is a few more steps in the process. Thanks to Jonathan at the Kearny Mesa store for a quick process and time to chat. See you in 10 days!