PDA

View Full Version : Ok so a SA BM59 is an AW BUT..........

American_pride
04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
What if you buy a kit and assemble it on a H&R receiver? Is it still an AW? What about a 80% receiver, I assume that it would be the same as the H&R or Winchester. The law says "Springfield Armory BM 59" so is the Winchester, or H&R an OLL in this case?:D Need to find out before I order my BM 59 kit or reg. Garand part kit.
Thanks,
AP

hoffmang
04-15-2007, 12:21 AM
In all but the home built receiver situation you should be safe based on Harrot. The home built receiver is arguable safe but also isn't clearly covered by Harrot which exposes you to an overzealous DA.

-Gene

VeryCoolCat
04-15-2007, 7:43 AM
In all but the home built receiver situation you should be safe based on Harrot. The home built receiver is arguable safe but also isn't clearly covered by Harrot which exposes you to an overzealous DA.

-Gene

That wouldn't stop them from trying to prosecute you. You'd win most definately, but that'd be a pain in the a.

fal_762x51
04-15-2007, 9:53 AM
Sarco has BM kits, call them to see if they still do.

anotherone
04-15-2007, 7:01 PM
I've seen off-list BM-59 clone recievers built up into rifles and lawfully sold in a few shops. This is a lawful act... expensive and very cool... but lawful.

BM-59s are loads of fun, the tough part is obtaining the 10 shot mags. If you can find some mags or perhaps had some 20 rounds from back before 1999 you're gonna have a lot of fun with that build. Good luck!

CEDaytonaRydr
04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Sarco has BM kits, call them to see if they still do.

I was thinking about getting one of these because I have a Garand barreled receiver. It says it comes with all of the parts to make a BM59 but having never done it before, I'm a little concerned about 2 things:

1) The level of difficulty in building a functional rifle.

and

2) The legality of making one. By the flowchart, it looks legal but the threads I've found on here seem to be concerned about something in terms of legality (although, I don't really understand what)

Can someone point me in the right direction of some better information?

Fate
04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
CEDaytonaRydr, ignore the noob. Reviving old threads with new questions is completely acceptable (and actually preferred). That dorky card should be reserved for people that dig up an old thread and just say "me too." :rolleyes:

CEDaytonaRydr
04-04-2010, 2:01 PM
CEDaytonaRydr, ignore the noob. Reviving old threads with new questions is completely acceptable (and actually preferred). That dorky card should be reserved for people that dig up an old thread and just say "me too." :rolleyes:

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't", I guess... :rolleyes:

N-E-Ways...

How about those BM59s! :)