View Full Version : Rossi Circuit Judge

03-21-2012, 1:12 PM
This question is both rifle and shotgun related but I'll ask it here.

I got tired of waiting on telephone hold with Rossi so let's see what y'all think...the instructions for the .45LC/.410 Circuit Judge with the switchable choke say to use the "straight rifled choke" when shooting .410 shot and to remove the "straight rifled choke" when shooting .45LC or .410 solid slugs and install the factory-installed un-rifled "thread protector sleeve" in its place.

I'd rather just leave the "thread protector sleeve" in place when shooting both but I wonder if this will cause any harm to the gun (I can't see how) or is the choke change just about the shot pellet pattern?

03-21-2012, 1:22 PM
I thought shotguns with revolving cylinders were not legal in California?

03-21-2012, 1:31 PM
I thought shotguns with revolving cylinders were not legal in California?

-Wthe circuit judge has a rifled barrel and therefore does not meet the definition of a shotgun.

There are threads with analysis from an LEA and an attorney that go over this in more detail.

03-21-2012, 2:14 PM
I've tried leaving the thread protector sleeve in mine when firing birdshot. All that happened for me, was a big spread out pattern. If I switch to the straight rifled choke tube, I get a nice, tight pattern. Haven't noticed much difference between the two chokes with buckshot.

03-22-2012, 1:33 PM
Thanks, Andrew, that's what I suspected.

03-22-2012, 4:59 PM
No problem, it's a really fun rifle, my current favorite in fact. What are you shooting for your colt .45?