PDA

View Full Version : SCAR and MS3 Slings

Rombot
03-21-2012, 9:32 AM
So I've got a couple of SCARs I recently bought MS3 slings for. For the most part I'd like to run the slings as a 1 point sling and have tried to attach the sling as such on the SCAR. Thing is, the attachment point on the sling to the SCAR is actually too big lol!

Is there something anyone can recommend as a fix? I'm thinking just running 550 cord between the 2 sling attachment points near the rear of the SCAR and attaching the sling to that...

So, ideas welcome!

Thanks!

starsnuffer
03-21-2012, 9:57 AM
Either replace the stock with the VTLOR receiver extension that has a built in QD point, or use the wire type QD socket around the back of the receiver. Attach the MS3 to a QD swivel.

-W

Rombot
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Hmmm... a VLTOR stock is definitely out of the question lol. I don't want to invest too much into this fix.

As far as a QD point on the stock, I don't recall seeing one? I'm at work and can't check at the moment though. I do have a nice QD socket from my PWS rail extension which will definitely help for running my slings as a 2 point.

starsnuffer
03-21-2012, 1:46 PM
You'll need a blue force gear universal wire loop sling mount to have a QD on your receiver then.

-W

fighterpilot562
03-21-2012, 2:12 PM
You'll need a blue force gear universal wire loop sling mount to have a QD on your receiver then.

-W

this