PDA

View Full Version : Optics for a .22

ghostwong
04-14-2007, 9:25 PM
Need some help! I need a .22 scope to mount on a Marlin Model 765.:)

Magnification 2-8x or better. I was at Turners and they wanted 60.00 for a Simmons, made in China. :eek:

Turners is ok, but rather get better quality at a resonable price. Any suggestions and places to buy. Quality and cost is a concern. :rolleyes:

CalNRA
04-14-2007, 9:45 PM
you mean a 795?

I'm using a Barska 2-9x scope from Big 5, it does the job.

most of the cheap scopes have horrible rings that deform over time and I had to get a base/ring set from Brownells. the scope is fine though.

invest some money in a good scope to avoid more costs down the road.

M. Sage
04-14-2007, 10:21 PM
These seem really reasonably-priced, I wonder how good they are..

http://www.swfa.com/c-153-bushnell-22-rimfire-scopes.aspx

I've got a Bushnell Fullfield II on another rifle, and I'm really happy with it. I keep thinking I should upgrade from the crap rings and Tasco scope I've got sitting on my own Marlin (a 60 sold as a Glenfield 75C) with one of these...

maxicon
04-15-2007, 9:31 AM
.22s are much more forgiving of scope quality than other guns, due to the low recoil, but good glass will always look better than cheap glass.

I like smaller scopes on my .22s, as big optics can mess up the handling for a small, light rifle.

When I want to find out what's hot in the .22 optics world, I head over to the scopes forum at rimfirecentral:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

A lot of people are liking the Mueller APV these days, though it's a bit big.

ocabj
04-15-2007, 2:29 PM
Weaver T36 with fine crosshair reticle. Best bang for the buck benchrest rimfire scope you'll ever find. Argueably just as good as the 36 or 40x powered Leupold scopes for $600 less.

If you want an all-purpose scope for the field, then one of the Burris compact scopes would be perfect.

ghostwong
04-15-2007, 7:43 PM
Thanks you all for the input!!. I'm going to get this sucker up and running in a week and kill some paper!