View Full Version : any one have a Century Arms C93

random name
03-20-2012, 9:48 PM
Any one here have one and if so any good?

What do you think my odds are of getting one that works or
should I just spent $700 on the next mega millions lottery.

03-21-2012, 8:34 AM
Luck of the draw with century. Had one but sold it. Was reliable but a heavy pig. The only downer was the only cheap mags were the 40 rounders. Valkyrie arms in milpitas has a hk93 clone fs, not sure if it is century or other brand.

03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Buyer beware on a C93, the gun is notorious for not having the proper bolt clearance from the factory, or soon after it's been fired and having feed and extract proplems.

From what I've been told by a few who rebuild C93's to get them to work, during the manufacture of the rifles, Century turned down the barrel in size so the could install it without a press, they then pinned it in hoping it would be good to go, the problem is it is not tight enough for it to keep the bolt gap since the barrels move, and many come from the factory with bolt gap that is below minimums.

You may get lucky and get one that is good, but you have to check the gap regulary. But it seems like a great deal of them do have issues.

I recently thought about buying one and I consulted Ghillibear at http://www.hkpro.com/forum/ first, I asked if I
had issues with it, how much does it cost to make it right, he said you may spend another $500 with him or another builder to get it to be reliable and safe. At minimum, he as well as another builder I spoke with said you will need a new barrel, many just replace the rollers and maybe this will work, but it probably wont be a permanent fix.

Ghillibear said if you get it at the right price, $500 and below and you have to put $500 into it for an overhaul, you have $1000 into a nice rifle that runs 100%, but if you ever try to sell it, your not going to get your money back, he also said there are two manufactures of their receives, one with stamp on side , one with stamp on top, I dont remember which was which (brand) or which was better, I think the top stamped ones were the more desired.

I went ahead and bought a Vector V-93, but after doing so, I also found out that the Vector of today, is not the Vector of the past and many have issues, but I have more confidence in Vector taking care of it than I would with century since they do
not have the capabilities to make the gun right in the first place, and if I did have to put abit of money in a Vector I might be able to get it or most of it back when I sale it. But no one is going to pay $800-$900 for a used C93.

If I can find one for $400, even one that does not work I would buy it and send I off to a reputable builder for an overhaul.

FYI V-93 at Atlantic firearms are $1059

go to HKpro and search in the clone forum.

03-22-2012, 3:56 PM
If I recall Century is no longer making the C93s.