PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory Ammo - Frustrating

icenix
03-20-2012, 9:13 PM
Just need to vent a little. So, I ordered several hundred dollars of ammo from Palmetto State Armory. One of the reasons, besides price, I ordered from them is because I heard that people were getting their ammo pretty quick form them. I recall a few people saying it was mailed next day and arrived in CA very quickly.

Anyway, so I ordered almost a week ago and it just mailed out today. According to their site, they had all of the ammo I ordered in stock when I ordered it, and they don't allow you to order ammo that isn't in stock. I figured the times I was hearing for shipping probably weren't likely since it is regular ground shipping, but at this rate it's going to be another week before my ammo arrives, via UPS expected delivery date.

Two weeks? Really? I was hearing people were getting their ordered within/in about a week. Maybe I heard wrong, I don't know, but I may have ordered elsewhere since I was hoping to get it by this weekend.

Maybe I am just being unreasonable, but just a little disappointed.

InkHammer
03-20-2012, 9:18 PM
Yeah, I typically get orders from PSA in about a week. They have been struggling to keep up with inventory it seems, as the status of items changes daily. Did you order the xm193 brown box? That **** is selling like hot cakes, and I would wager they oversold and had to wait to recoup. They probably lied to save face, and just shipped as soon as they restocked.

InkHammer
03-20-2012, 9:21 PM
Edit: I see now you never said they told you they don't let you order out of stock items, but that you deduced that. Strike the lie comment from the record !

icenix
03-20-2012, 9:22 PM
Yeah, I typically get orders from PSA in about a week. They have been struggling to keep up with inventory it seems, as the status of items changes daily. Did you order the xm193 brown box? That **** is selling like hot cakes, and I would wager they oversold and had to wait to recoup. They probably lied to save face, and just shipped as soon as they restocked.

No, I ordered some other ammo, but yet, another person who got their order in a week. I will say this too, not one of the different ammos I ordered have been listed on out of stock on their site since I ordered mine.

415dog!
03-20-2012, 9:22 PM
Ammo orders usually take about that long for me to receive. I live in SFV.

BretByron
03-20-2012, 9:27 PM
it's been awhile, but it took around 7 business days 4 mine.

good stuff too.

TreeHugger
03-20-2012, 9:41 PM
Judging by their web design it obvious that they r a small company, probably forgot to update stock status, it happens. I ordered from them a while back and got it quickly n will be ordering more again soon.

peter95
03-20-2012, 9:41 PM
things are never perfect.

Bert Gamble
03-20-2012, 9:48 PM
I have always gotten the order quickly.

esnyderr
03-20-2012, 9:58 PM
I ordered some ammo last week and they called me today telling me it was out of stock and that they would be sending me more expensive ammo without additional charge. A++ customer service! I love PSA even if they take a little bit to ship.

clutchy
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
i've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and it almost always takes a week to ship out. They only ship on one day but the print the label when they pack your item....

I dig their stuff but i'm always prepared for atleast a 2 week wait. Plan ahead of time and don't get your panties in a bunch over unrealistic(considering their history)expectations.

tradecraft
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Completely normal.

vintagearms
03-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Anyway, so I ordered almost a week ago and it just mailed out today. Maybe I am just being unreasonable....

YES, you are being unreasonable.

Merc1138
03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
I've had them ship my stuff within a couple days, and I've had them take a week. For the prices and cheap shipping, I don't care. If I needed ammo in a hurry I'd pay more buying it locally and get it immediately. If you ordered hundreds of dollars in ammo from PSA, place an order before you're out and still have some left to shoot next time, problem solved. PSA never promises they'll be super fast about it.

rplusplus
03-21-2012, 8:25 AM

+1 I've got nothing but good things to say about PSA. Best prices, good communications, well packaged, and they don't gouge on shipping costs. If you really need your ammo in one week... maybe a LGS.

One must learn to chill... OHMmmmmmmm :yinyang:

triggs75
03-21-2012, 8:37 AM

Yep. you dont order ammo online hoping to get it the same week. I order ammo all the time from them and get it in about 10 business days.

wsmc27
03-21-2012, 8:47 AM
No probs from PSA here on several past orders. Agreed with others, 10+ days is normal.

Couple extra days? No biggie.

docsmileyface
03-21-2012, 8:50 AM
I've had them ship my stuff within a couple days, and I've had them take a week. For the prices and cheap shipping, I don't care.

this has also been my experience.

Mr_Monkeywrench
03-21-2012, 9:07 AM
Their taking a long time for me as well, but for the price point and shipping, it doesn't bother me. If I need ammo in a hurry, I've got a walmart down the street :shrug:

kotton
03-21-2012, 9:22 AM
Ive also had it happen twice now recently, where a part that says "in stock" on their page is actually out of stock, and I get an email 3 days later letting me know.

However once the item ships out, it gets to me in about 4 days.

Heavy_Grinder
03-21-2012, 9:54 AM
I've done at least 20 transactions w/ PSA and it typically takes them one week for delivery. You have to take into consideration where they are located in relation to where you're located in Fresno and Ammo has to be shipped ground.

I've learned to order during weeks end because I've noticed that PSA likes to ship out my ammo right at the beginning of the following week . From then, the usual "One Week" delivery takes place.

drifter001
03-21-2012, 9:59 AM
A few buddies and i ordered a large amount of pmc 45acp (the brass shell kind) a few weeks ago...order camr in and they sent us steel case! The sad part is the invoice said it was supposed to be brass not steel and they even openned up the boxes to check them too...

icenix
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Please understand, my rant was just because I had heard from so many others that they shipped their ammo in 1-2 days and it got here to CA in about a week, so I just expected about the same timeline.

The two weeks isn't that big of a deal. I have some ammo left, it's not the end of the world, and the prices were really good. So, I will just know what to expect for next time.

Dave07997S
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Just need to vent a little. So, I ordered several hundred dollars of ammo from Palmetto State Armory. One of the reasons, besides price, I ordered from them is because I heard that people were getting their ammo pretty quick form them. I recall a few people saying it was mailed next day and arrived in CA very quickly.

Anyway, so I ordered almost a week ago and it just mailed out today. According to their site, they had all of the ammo I ordered in stock when I ordered it, and they don't allow you to order ammo that isn't in stock. I figured the times I was hearing for shipping probably weren't likely since it is regular ground shipping, but at this rate it's going to be another week before my ammo arrives, via UPS expected delivery date.

Two weeks? Really? I was hearing people were getting their ordered within/in about a week. Maybe I heard wrong, I don't know, but I may have ordered elsewhere since I was hoping to get it by this weekend.

Well my order took 10 days as I ordered it on a Thursday evening and it wasn't shipped until the following Monday. However, they have been swamped and it can be hard to get ahold of them.

Dave

03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
:chillpill:

rumblebee
03-21-2012, 1:06 PM
PSA is great ...you'll get your ammo. I also think alot of places are getting hit hard with many many orders at this time.

:yinyang: relax....deep breaths ;)

JoshlikesARs
03-21-2012, 1:17 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about PSA.

Remember, this is an election year, expect delays.

LAL6
03-21-2012, 2:02 PM
When I order ammo from PSA I usually don't hear anything from them for 3-4 days and it takes about a week and a half to get my order. No big deal.

Their sale prices seem to keep going up every time they have a sale too.

Striker
03-21-2012, 2:22 PM

You can still go to your local shop and buy a couple hundred rounds if you need them. If you don't, I don't understand the problem.

Good pricing, cheap shipping and good customer service. If their only flaw is delaying my order by a week; that's fine, because the alternative is higher pricing to pay for the extra employees.

smog7
03-21-2012, 3:40 PM
quit your crying!

Freagan
03-21-2012, 4:05 PM
I understand the frustration, I hate leaving items like this in the hands of couriers for any length of time. But is the lengthy travel time due to the items actually being back ordered? Or is it the courier service? I mean if you went with the bottom of the barrel shipping rate, then you can't really blame PSA just because you wanted to save a little on shipping.

Lc17smp
03-21-2012, 4:09 PM
Soon they wont have any ammo left. No more shipping delays. Problem solved.:eek:

socal44
03-21-2012, 4:17 PM
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. A week to ship in-stock items is unreasonable.

chesterthehero
03-21-2012, 5:09 PM
i like PSA.. been a fan for a while.. however i really really hate their new layout..

glock7
03-21-2012, 5:57 PM
Shipping is very slow with them, they're growing quickly and they've got growing pains. I ordered a tin of imperial wax from midway that took almost 3 weeks. Talk about your slowboat from china....

GMG
03-21-2012, 6:02 PM
I haven't bought from them recently, but in the past it was always:thumbsup:

Plus as mentioned before, they don't rip your head off with the price of shipping.

shadowofnight
03-21-2012, 9:29 PM
Item Prices = Outstanding
Shipping charge = Outstanding
Shipping speed = Slightly slower than the norm for firearms based vendors
Customer service = Outstanding

Overall = A-

And they make their shirts in 3XL :)

Palmetto State Armory
03-22-2012, 7:27 AM
icenix,

Regular orders (ammo/accessories) should ship in 1-3 business days. If your order still hasn't shipped please send me your online order number so that I can look into this for you.

A few buddies and i ordered a large amount of pmc 45acp (the brass shell kind) a few weeks ago...order camr in and they sent us steel case! The sad part is the invoice said it was supposed to be brass not steel and they even openned up the boxes to check them too...

I'm sorry this happened, did CS handle this for you yet? If not, please send me your online order number as well.

calif 15-22
03-22-2012, 7:33 AM
Item Prices = Outstanding
Shipping charge = Outstanding
Shipping speed = Slightly slower than the norm for firearms based vendors
Customer service = Outstanding

Overall = A-

And they make their shirts in 3XL :)

+100 . . .Bought an Aimpoint Pro from them and would buy again

RookieShooter
03-22-2012, 7:45 AM
If you want fast shipping, go with Ammoman.
If you like to WAIT then go with Palmetto. Take your choice!!!

m03
03-22-2012, 9:09 AM
If you want to pay $50 more for XM193, go with Ammoman.

FTFY ;)

HK Dave
03-22-2012, 11:23 AM
PSA is awesome. Yes they sometimes take a while to ship, but they're pretty busy and their prices are pretty reasonable. ;)

icenix
03-22-2012, 5:06 PM
icenix,

Regular orders (ammo/accessories) should ship in 1-3 business days. If your order still hasn't shipped please send me your online order number so that I can look into this for you.

It did finally ship, thanks. It just took like 5-6 days, which I just thought was a long time for items in stock. All is good though. I was just disappointed having heard how several people had theirs ship so quickly. However, I think, like someone else said, I just ordered on the wrong day.

HK Dave
03-22-2012, 5:18 PM
5-6 days in the gun industry is pretty quick. :)

I've waited months many times. I had one order take a year.

I'm still waiting on another that will take even longer. :P

Jaredm83
03-22-2012, 7:34 PM
i ordered 2 uppers and 2 lower build kits from them last week. I spoke to them on the phone and they told me it wouldnt ship/for 2 weeks. My order shipped 2 days after I placed my order and arrived tonight. I am however frustrated that they wont sell me a bcg for one of the uppers because I didnt order it with the upper.

icenix
03-22-2012, 8:11 PM
i ordered 2 uppers and 2 lower build kits from them last week. I spoke to them on the phone and they told me it wouldnt ship/for 2 weeks. My order shipped 2 days after I placed my order and arrived tonight. I am however frustrated that they wont sell me a bcg for one of the uppers because I didnt order it with the upper.

That's dumb. Just order one from Bravo Company. High quality and they will mail it the next day most likely.

SOCAL INFIDEL
03-22-2012, 8:17 PM
My cousin bought that 00Buck that they have for $99 bucks and it took 2 weeks as well. One time I called and them and basically it was a couple guys with a store front selling stuff at really good prices trying to do everything as fast as they can.
I got some LPK's from them and they were fairly quick. Maybe ammo just takes a while longer?

Jimmy310
03-22-2012, 11:47 PM
I had mixed experiences with PSA. I ordered a LPK, and a bunch of magpul goodies and got them in a few days. Most recently i emailed them asking about their dissipator upper; because they offer just the upper, as well as the upper with a lpk, and everything else besides a stripped lower. Well, just the upper was out of stock, but the latter, the "rifle kit" as they call it was. I emailed them asking if they would make a exception for a repeat customer but they responded too late (5 days later) saying they didnt have either. What pisses me off is right after i got that email, i ordered a complete upper from midway usa and a day later, PSA has the dissipator uppers back in stock.