View Full Version : Ordered a new trigger for my AR today - Updated with Review Geissele SD-E

03-20-2012, 3:01 PM
Updated with Review: Post # 8

After all the reviews, and not being able to really find anyone that owns one to try it out, I just broke down and ordered one online...

Ended up getting the Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E) trigger...

I also own a RRA 2 Stage NM trigger, so I will try and post a comparison review. I hope it was worth the added premium. Not exactly a cheap FCG.

03-20-2012, 3:31 PM
My 5.56 has the Geissele SSA, both my 7.62 uses the High Speed DMR. Yup, they are pricey, but are definitely worth the money. Sure you'll be happy with your SDE

03-20-2012, 5:18 PM
I've owned RRA, LMT and KAC 2-stage triggers, after trying a Geissele I will never buy anything else.

I put the SD-C in my carbine and the SD-E in my middy, you're gonna love your new trigger.

03-20-2012, 6:01 PM
Its hard to go wrong with a Geissele

03-20-2012, 9:53 PM
You will love it!

I teetered between an RRA 2 stage and Geissele. Got the Geissele SD-3G and very happy with it.

03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
I got the 3 gun in my LMT and the 2 stage in my Adams and I love'em both. Good triggers and congrats! :thumbsup:

george tirebiter
03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Here's a review I read today on one of their triggers. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/foghorn/gear-review-geissele-s3g-super-3-gun-trigger/

03-29-2012, 1:01 PM
Installed last night!

Pretty impressive stuff... feels good, the flat trigger really starting to grow on me after a night of dry firing. Clean consistent predictable break. If you want to shoot it like a combat trigger its not hard at all to just power through the 2nd stage.

The trigger does share a lot of the RRA NM 2 Stage characteristics, but the SD-E feels like a cleaner refined version of it. I wish I could say it was night and day or twice the trigger for twice the price, but it had a very similar feel, with welcome improvements if you know what you are looking for.

I'm sure depending on who you ask, it may or may not be worth the extra $120-$130 more than the RRA 2 Stage, but I guess you gotta spend the extra bucks to squeeze that last 10% of performance out of it.

If the Geissele stands the test of time better than the RRA then it would be a solid purchase and it was worth it. Seems like the actual construction and materials used are better and if that's important to you, then the price of the trigger is easier to justify when you factor that into comparison of build quality and performance difference.

I will continue to use both until I have a chance to purchase one of their High Speed DMR triggers for my 24" dedicated bench target AR which is currently wearing the RRA 2 Stage. The SD-E was installed on a carbine with an ACOG

For anyone thinking of trying something other than the factory mil-spec trigger, I highly recommend either one. Either one is night and day from the standard FCG.

03-29-2012, 4:18 PM
The only problem with those triggers is that you will spend alot of money putting them on all your other rifles. I guess it could be called the G-trigger syndrome for your black rifle disease.

03-29-2012, 6:17 PM
I've got the NM trigger on my 6.8 SPC and I'm very impressed.

03-29-2012, 8:01 PM
Its a great trigger, and it is better than the RRA NM, but for most applications, the NM is an fantastic value.

The point of the review is to give some non bias insight into the Geissele SD-E (and the SSA-E) trigger since review after review its recommended over and over. The only way for me to actually see if its better was to really just try it for myself. Geissele is a better trigger, but it commands a hefty premium.

There is still a little creep with my RRA NM trigger, but its only noticeable on those really slow pull shots. There are certain aspects of the trigger which were improved, but to say its night and day would be an overstatement.

I think Geissele does have some other products which the RRA NM can't touch, and that's the SD-3G and High Speed Series of adjustable triggers like the DMR which I plan on getting eventually. The SD-E characteristics are very similar to the RRA NM, but the same cant be said for all their products. Ive tried the SD-3G, and its in a league of its own.

There are certain applications the RRA NM trigger cant fill as well as some of the other Geissele triggers. I probably should have gotten something other than a 2 stage with a similar pull weight, but for this rifle, it was the correct pick.

03-29-2012, 8:11 PM
Just ordered a Geissele SD-E flat trigger right now. We'll see how I like it.