PDA

View Full Version : My FS2000 is on the way !!!

monorailboy
03-20-2012, 1:36 PM
I cant wait to get my California Compliant FS2000 !!! I had an opportunity to hold one and all can say is Wow !! I saw it in action on YouTube...and Wow...not much more kick than a .22. It looks awesome....and hard to find here in Cali !!

Cant Wait !

Looking for cool accessories. Planning on custom modifying the handgaurd to accect a tac light.

PRSTIFJ
03-20-2012, 1:38 PM
Lucky! I been drooling on those. how much did you pay?

jsr3313
03-20-2012, 1:41 PM
NICE!!! I like...I want...but in all black

monorailboy
03-20-2012, 5:34 PM
$1895 at D&D Ranch - Cal Compliant version. Heck of a deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AK all day
03-20-2012, 5:52 PM
I thoroughly hate you.... :) just kidding. That is one of my dream rifles, would trade all my rifles for one in a heartbeat. Have fun, you lucky lucky man haha.

mmrx2
03-20-2012, 5:54 PM
Very nice!

nitroxdiver
03-20-2012, 6:03 PM
Monorail, congrats, nice rifle. Just an FYI, you'll need to run USGI mags, not pmags. Also, watch out for the gas block gas port. It is very easy to get your offhand thumb up there while shooting. I did and got a carbon tattoo in my thumb that lasted about a month. Felt like someone hit my thumb with a hammer. For an instant I thought I had somehow accidentally shot myself. It is a great rifle. There are some decent videos on YouTube showing teardown. I replaced the forend on mine with the fn tri rail, and added a metal Troy stubbie vfg. I also replaced the charging handle with a metal one by a fellow with the handle judo chop on the fn forum. I run an eotech on it. Fun fun rifle. You'll love how the brass gets spit out the front.
Have fun and enjoy.

aGunForEachHand
03-20-2012, 6:19 PM
Nice! What kind of extended muzzle brake do they use at D&D for the OAL requirement? I have had my eye on this. Tagging for pics!

Capybara
03-20-2012, 7:17 PM
It's a very interesting rifle and I saw the same ad. I did read a lot of user reviews though and it seems that you will have a new part time hobby in figuring out some of the operational issues, magazines, types of ammo that cycle reliably, etc. It is a quality gun, but it is very different than an AR or an AK. Have you ever felt the trigger on one?

SURVIVOR619
03-20-2012, 7:22 PM
Swizzzzzzz! Congrats bro!

monorailboy
03-20-2012, 8:39 PM
Monorail, congrats, nice rifle. Just an FYI, you'll need to run USGI mags, not pmags. Also, watch out for the gas block gas port. It is very easy to get your offhand thumb up there while shooting. I did and got a carbon tattoo in my thumb that lasted about a month. Felt like someone hit my thumb with a hammer. For an instant I thought I had somehow accidentally shot myself. It is a great rifle. There are some decent videos on YouTube showing teardown. I replaced the forend on mine with the fn tri rail, and added a metal Troy stubbie vfg. I also replaced the charging handle with a metal one by a fellow with the handle judo chop on the fn forum. I run an eotech on it. Fun fun rifle. You'll love how the brass gets spit out the front.
Have fun and enjoy.

thanks for the tips .cant wait to try it out !!

gotshotgun?
03-20-2012, 8:40 PM
Nice! What kind of extended muzzle brake do they use at D&D for the OAL requirement? I have had my eye on this. Tagging for pics!

This! Do tell. Is it a crummy barrel shroud or the new nice muzzle brake?

monorailboy
03-20-2012, 8:40 PM
Plan on installing a Neu-Trigger for smoothe operation.

monorailboy
03-20-2012, 8:41 PM
Not sure on the brake...I beleive it is a barrel shroud..but ordered a new extended muzzle brake to install in it's place. At least it will get it here :)

TreeHugger
03-20-2012, 8:51 PM
Coooool, I ALMOST bought one from riflegear.com, end up with a Larue 5.56 OBR instead, call me old fashion :)

proclone1
03-20-2012, 8:59 PM
That's a helluva deal, nice!! I'm gonna hold out for the Charles Daly Tavor :D

mod1217
03-20-2012, 9:27 PM
Coooool, I ALMOST bought one from riflegear.com, end up with a Larue 5.56 OBR instead, call me old fashion :)

As for me I did buy the RifleGear FS2000 all black version, would be picking it up on monday $2090.00 out the door.

To OP (Great Minds Think Alike;) ) 44Mags have D&H 30/10 mags for $12.50 only 4 left in case your interested

nitroxdiver
03-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Monorail, if you choose to go with an extended muzzle brake over the slip on can, I have a few more tips. First, MFI makes one that looks very similar to the oem brake. It is slightly longer so brings the oal to just a hair over 30". To install it, you need to drill out the retaining pin on the oem brake. Also, the muzzle has left hand threads, so lefty tighty, righty loosey. The brake will most likely not be timed correctly, so use some rockset on the threads of the new brake, and some lock tight on the little set screw on e in the correct position.

The rifle functions perfectly with xm-193. That's all I've ever tried in it. The factory buis are surprisingly accurate for what they are. Magpul mbus can be installed, but are a bit tricky to slide on the rail due to the gas block. It comes with a really nice belt pack tool/cleaning kit. I don't hate the trigger. It is different to be sure, but not horrible. It's different like a Glock trigger is different. Deffinately check out some you tube videos on manual of arms and take down. Be sure and REALLY seat your mags. In fact, pull down on them after insertion to be sure they are locked in. There is a gasket in the magwel so mags fit snugly.

I find it easiest to fire the last round, then the 11th trigger press is a dry fire on empty chamber. Put on safety, pull back CH and lock into notch, flip toilet seat and check chamber for empty, remove mag with BB tool, insert fresh mag, tug, flip down toilet seat, release CH from notch and let it fly forward to chamber a fresh round, safety off, fire.

Have fun.

email
03-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I've had to clip off a few coils on the firing pin return spring to ensure reliable ignition. I'm pretty sure the f2000's dont have that spring at all, but I've been wrong (once!) Before.

monorailboy
03-21-2012, 6:23 AM
Monorail, if you choose to go with an extended muzzle brake over the slip on can, I have a few more tips. First, MFI makes one that looks very similar to the oem brake. It is slightly longer so brings the oal to just a hair over 30". To install it, you need to drill out the retaining pin on the oem brake. Also, the muzzle has left hand threads, so lefty tighty, righty loosey. The brake will most likely not be timed correctly, so use some rockset on the threads of the new brake, and some lock tight on the little set screw on e in the correct position.

The rifle functions perfectly with xm-193. That's all I've ever tried in it. The factory buis are surprisingly accurate for what they are. Magpul mbus can be installed, but are a bit tricky to slide on the rail due to the gas block. It comes with a really nice belt pack tool/cleaning kit. I don't hate the trigger. It is different to be sure, but not horrible. It's different like a Glock trigger is different. Deffinately check out some you tube videos on manual of arms and take down. Be sure and REALLY seat your mags. In fact, pull down on them after insertion to be sure they are locked in. There is a gasket in the magwel so mags fit snugly.

I find it easiest to fire the last round, then the 11th trigger press is a dry fire on empty chamber. Put on safety, pull back CH and lock into notch, flip toilet seat and check chamber for empty, remove mag with BB tool, insert fresh mag, tug, flip down toilet seat, release CH from notch and let it fly forward to chamber a fresh round, safety off, fire.

Have fun.

Thank you !!

TMC
03-21-2012, 6:53 AM
Very cool!

Have fun Buck Rogers

fmunk
03-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Not much in way of accessories. There is the factory tri-rail, but it adds weight. Not a good mod. There was someone on fnforum who made metal charging handles, but all sold and he is not making anymore.

What's left? The light mod you mentioned, or you can buy one already modded from a seller on gunbroker. Then, there's the Nu-trigger, also on gunbroker--highly recommended, great improvement on the trigger. Aside from these, full auto is possible... Read of it online, have no intention of attempting it.

hcbr
03-22-2012, 10:19 AM
congrats, on my list of "Necessary to have one" lol , given i'm an FN nut.

glenntuc
03-22-2012, 8:51 PM
op made me do it, i have been wanting one after shooting one at the range so i went and put one in jail at riflegear get to pick up 31st, they are fun to shoot also ordered neu-trigger and will polish trigger rods
my wife thanks you

Pfletch83
03-22-2012, 9:06 PM
Nice rifle.

monorailboy
03-23-2012, 6:45 PM
Extended Buttpad ?? I would rather do this than trying to get the existing muzzle off...anyone hear of these for this gun ?

kenjimatic
03-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I was debating on getting one for the longest time, then found a grest deal on an ACR. I will get a FS2K, now I have to save my pennies all over again :D.

supermanuf
03-24-2012, 12:23 AM
space gun! :xwing:

GixxerGuy
03-24-2012, 8:41 PM
Very nice, i debating getting one of these as well, but ended up getting the ps90, as a better deal on that came first lol. I pick mine up from DROS on monday!!!! Enjoy!

fighterpilot562
03-24-2012, 9:21 PM
i dont really like the feel to the gun but congrats

SPECR
03-25-2012, 6:07 AM
Congrats! I like the olive color. Definitely something different to have.

shooperman
03-25-2012, 6:15 AM
Very nice. Congrats.

pauliedweasel
03-25-2012, 10:14 AM
As a lefty I love the handedness neutral quality of the gun. Now if I could only afford one.

monorailboy
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Just got done customizing the FS2000 handgaurd to accept a Tac Light....looks outstanding !!!

Zartan
03-30-2012, 2:55 PM
Need an installed pic of that light!

nitroxdiver
03-30-2012, 3:14 PM
Nice work!

monorailboy
03-30-2012, 4:48 PM
Need an installed pic of that light!

Once I get the rifle...will take installed pics :)

Capybara
03-30-2012, 5:08 PM
And a range report once you have shot it a few time? I would particularly like to hear about magazine insertion, reliability in cycling, ergonomics and reliability. Have you ever shot one before? I am intrigued by this gun but I may wait until the Tavor is available over here in the U.S.

monorailboy
03-30-2012, 6:24 PM
And a range report once you have shot it a few time? I would particularly like to hear about magazine insertion, reliability in cycling, ergonomics and reliability. Have you ever shot one before? I am intrigued by this gun but I may wait until the Tavor is available over here in the U.S.

Will do

Tracer666
03-31-2012, 3:14 AM
space gun! :xwing:

^ NICE! :chris: