PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Oracle

Kelster1574
03-20-2012, 1:08 PM
I have read many posts over the last couple years bashing the DPMS. Well I just wanted to say that I have shot several different models / brands and I recently purchased a DPMS Oracle. I have learned a ton by reading these forums, but sometimes they seem to be a little bias. So for the guys who don't shoot for a living or just simply want a high quality value priced rifle......the DPMS Oracle may be for you. I also own a S&W M&P 15 Sport which has been a solid rifle. The DPMS Oracle just has a few features the Sport does not. I honestly believe that both rifles shoot way better than I can and I am sure they both have the quality to outlast me. So if there is anybody else that feels like me (I am sure there is, DPMS is one of the top AR manufactures in the USA), this is for you.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zoe0zb.jpg

DPMS Oracle
ACE Stock
Midwest Industries Sights
Hogue Grip
Magpul Handguard

Arkangel
03-20-2012, 1:16 PM
I think your front sight is on backwards ( its tough to tell on my phone )

SureShot241
03-20-2012, 2:07 PM
I love my DPMS rifle! Mine was an Sportical that I converted to be an Oracle. It is a great rifle! Super light weight and built pretty well.

Old photo of when it was still in Sportical form:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8613/4941b435.jpg

Dirtbiker
03-20-2012, 2:10 PM
The rear sight appears backwards too.

DPMS is a fine shooter.

Arkangel
03-20-2012, 3:24 PM
The rear sight appears backwards too.

DPMS is a fine shooter.

Yes it does...

Kelster1574
03-20-2012, 3:29 PM
The rear sight is backwards in that pic (I posted the wrong one). The front sight is on correctly, it's a gas block sight designed to fold forward.

http://i44.tinypic.com/de5tsw.jpg

The pic is also missing the Primary Arms Micro Dot. I haven't taken a new pic since I installed it.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-20-2012, 3:46 PM
Those gas block sights can go on either way. With handguards like those magpuls, they won't close all the way if you put them on the other direction.

Now, as for DPMS and S&W, ummm... They are basically the hyundais of the AR world. They are NOT top tier manufacturers. They are normally incredible deals for their price. But they are far, far from the top. If you think that they are, you need to get out and shoot some of the guns from higher tier manufacturers. Seriously. I have a DPMS lo-pro, and I like it a lot. If the other DPMS uppers go on sale again at Midway in the $350 range, I'll probably pick another one up. They are a great gun for the price. But I would buy it knowing it is the AR version of the Elantra, not a Ferrari.

-Mb

TNP'R
03-20-2012, 4:13 PM
Those gas block sights can go on either way. With handguards like those magpuls, they won't close all the way if you put them on the other direction.

Now, as for DPMS and S&W, ummm... They are basically the hyundais of the AR world. They are NOT top tier manufacturers. They are normally incredible deals for their price. But they are far, far from the top. If you think that they are, you need to get out and shoot some of the guns from higher tier manufacturers. Seriously. I have a DPMS lo-pro, and I like it a lot. If the other DPMS uppers go on sale again at Midway in the $350 range, I'll probably pick another one up. They are a great gun for the price. But I would buy it knowing it is the AR version of the Elantra, not a Ferrari.

-Mb

Lol top tier lol.. Surprised you didn't mention the chart in there.

Arkangel
03-20-2012, 4:28 PM

Learn something new everyday, I would have thought that since my Troy's folded down with no problem( railed gas block, Magpul handguards) a gas block fs would do the same... Go figure.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-20-2012, 4:29 PM

I am well aware of the shortcomings of the chart. It might have meant something 5-10 years ago. Not so much now. What I am talking about is companies like LaRue, Noveske, and places like that.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-20-2012, 4:31 PM
Learn something new everyday, I would have thought that since my Troy's folded down with no problem( railed gas block, Magpul handguards) a gas block fs would do the same... Go figure.

Yeah, I had a MI gas block front sight that was just too danged long to close with magpuls. I had to turn it around to get it down all the way. I have run into a few other people that have had similar problems with different sight/handguard combinations.

-Mb

SureShot241
03-20-2012, 4:41 PM

AHAHAHAHAHA The Chart!

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6151/thechart.png

:King:

glock7
03-20-2012, 5:57 PM
Methinks thast thou chart has been misinterpreted. The chart just gives you specs not which one is the best. If you'll notice that stag and spikes are on the chart and they aren't considered top tier. It's just a tool to help one if they are interested in mil-spec, mpi and the lot. I have a bcm that's on the chart and a bushy that isn't both run fine. I'm sure dpms and s&w sport run fine too.;)

glock7
03-20-2012, 5:57 PM
Btw nice rifle.