PDA

View Full Version : FRESNO: National forest sight clean up 4-28-12

FresnoCNC
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Well after spending some time up at the bass lake range, Ive noticed the area has been neglected over some time. Most of the area is shells and casing, glass from people shooting bottles, some old records, metal pieces from various targets. I was approached last week by a gentleman who proposed the idea about having a range clean up. We have thrown some ideas around and some dates and other various things. I have wondered about the locals that shoot there, I don't want to step on someones toes, but I have no idea what to do about the locals that are up there shooting when we are planning on cleaning, Anyone have any ideas? We have decided to make it a clean up, which wont take much time, following have a few targets set up to shoot and Ill be bringing up a BBQ. WHATS BETTER THAN HAVING A CLEAN AREA TO SHOOT AND A BBQ?!?!?

DATE: April 28th, 2012

WHERE: Bass Lake shooting range

http://m.google.com/u/m/xMCtDX

TIME: 1300

I would like to get input on my ideas, and also a head count. It might be a bring your own meat to BBQ or if we have some people that wouldn't mind donating to the event. I will be bringing up a few 55 gallon drums to haul trash, some rakes, and a Costco size roll of trash bags.

People Going and what they are bringing:

1. Lives In Fresno
2. Peopleofthesun- Tri-Tip
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip
8. Couchisland.com- Hot links

icenix
03-20-2012, 5:17 PM
I didn't even know there was a place to shoot up there.....then again, I usually go to Shaver and not Bass Lake.

Lives_In_Fresno
03-21-2012, 7:49 AM
I'll likely be there. If it turns out that funds are needed, for trash bags, food, whatever, consider me committed for help in that corner also.

I will likely leave Fresno at a time that might put me there by Noon or so, and can take one or two more people, if peeps let me know ahead of time that they would like a ride.

I didn't even know there was a place to shoot up there.....then again, I usually go to Shaver and not Bass Lake.

You shoot at Shaver lake? Where, exactly?

icenix
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I'll likely be there. If it turns out that funds are needed, for trash bags, food, whatever, consider me committed for help in that corner also.

I will likely leave Fresno at a time that might put me there by Noon or so, and can take one or two more people, if peeps let me know ahead of time that they would like a ride.

You shoot at Shaver lake? Where, exactly?

I already talked to you via private message, but I will post for others. I don't shoot at Shaver. I just meant that since I go to Shaver and not Bass lake, that is why I didn't know there was a place to shoot at Bass Lake.

FresnoCNC
03-21-2012, 1:51 PM
I already talked to you via private message, but I will post for others. I don't shoot at Shaver. I just meant that since I go to Shaver and not Bass lake, that is why I didn't know there was a place to shoot at Bass Lake.

I like shaver, but bass lake has an open area to shoot and it's nice so I like it up there more. Just needs to be cleaned like noted above. If you have time feel free to join us up there.

mif_slim
03-21-2012, 1:55 PM
Throw this idea to the South Central Section. Last time it went pretty good there. As we started to setup a date to clean that place up another group of youths done the job already. Im sure the rest of the folks in the Fresno area would help.

FresnoCNC
03-22-2012, 8:51 AM
Throw this idea to the South Central Section. Last time it went pretty good there. As we started to setup a date to clean that place up another group of youths done the job already. Im sure the rest of the folks in the Fresno area would help.

It wouldn't let me post in there

Lives_In_Fresno
03-23-2012, 4:17 PM
Shameless bump, hoping that more people will chime in here and commit to coming.

peopleofthesun
03-23-2012, 8:19 PM
Count me in. I started a thread in the Central Valley Social Group section here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=271

I hope you don't mind.

HOESAYE559
03-23-2012, 9:03 PM
So you guys are going to the spot a lil bit before bass lake? If so I'm more the. Down to go and help out and BBQ! Mite need a ride my car is way too low to clear anything lol

peopleofthesun
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
So you guys are going to the spot a lil bit before bass lake? If so I'm more the. Down to go and help out and BBQ! Mite need a ride my car is way too low to clear anything lol

I'll probably be bringing a truck so I might be able to give you a ride from Oakhurst.

blackandredwarrior
03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll throw my hat in. I've never shot up there but have had my eye on it. I assume a 2WD full size truck can get in and out ok?

peopleofthesun
03-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I'll throw my hat in. I've never shot up there but have had my eye on it. I assume a 2WD full size truck can get in and out ok?

Yeah once the snow melts and the mud dries up.

FresnoCNC
03-24-2012, 7:11 PM
Yeah once the snow melts and the mud dries up.

No snow. No mud. Was up there with another member up there today. Such an amazing place to go and shoot for free. Anyone who is available to take some trash home, let me know. I am trying to get everything organized before hand, so we don't get more trash than we can haul.

FresnoCNC
03-24-2012, 7:13 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d1f-b74a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d33-a7ed.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d48-1692.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d55-66b0.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8ae3-8d61-89d1.jpg

Here are some photos of the site.

Cypriss32
03-24-2012, 7:20 PM
Pm me, Ill swing up. Have a fullsize truck and jeep if needed.

peopleofthesun
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
No snow. No mud. Was up there with another member up there today. Such an amazing place to go and shoot for free. Anyone who is available to take some trash home, let me know. I am trying to get everything organized before hand, so we don't get more trash than we can haul.

Thanks for the update. I go there several times a year with my brothers. We always comeback with more than we brought. I'm totally in for a shoot-clean-que. I can bring a crew cab pick-up.

FresnoCNC
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the update. I go there several times a year with my brothers. We always comeback with more than we brought. I'm totally in for a shoot-clean-que. I can bring a crew cab pick-up.

Awesome! I'm thinking burgers and dogs. Unless people want to start pitching in or everyone bring up a slab of tri tip and I'll supply the buns and sauce and pilaf.

peopleofthesun
03-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Burgers and dogs sounds good. I can bring a couple already bbqed tri tips too.

gsrious
03-25-2012, 4:58 AM
I've never been to the spot, but I can see if I'm free that day to help out

10RNDr
03-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Never been there, but have hunted in the past up on Beasore road. Will try to make it if I don't have any other commitments. Will bring up a tri-tip if I go. Can someone give more specific directions or is there signs on road 222?

peopleofthesun
03-25-2012, 2:17 PM
Never been there, but have hunted in the past up on Beasore road. Will try to make it if I don't have any other commitments. Will bring up a tri-tip if I go. Can someone give more specific directions or is there signs on road 222?

That would be awesome. The way I remember it is the entrance is right after the second National Forest sign you pass.

CouchIsland.com
03-25-2012, 5:24 PM
This is awesome coincidence. I'm visiting my pops in Fresno in April and he wanted to do some outdoor shooting. I might end up there before the 'Q so I'll try to put a dent in the trash to help, otherwise I'll bring some hot links.

FresnoCNC
03-25-2012, 8:17 PM
Awesome. Anyone who wants to contribute food pm me so I can know what to bring and what to not bring.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
03-27-2012, 4:53 PM
Will attempt to do my part.

mbaerg
03-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I'D come if you guys bumped the date back a couple days!! I'm at school down south until the 30th.... :(

dalriaden
03-28-2012, 12:31 AM
I'll try to, but could be on call/working :/

Blackhawk556
03-28-2012, 2:18 PM
I'm going to try and switch with someone at work. I usually work Saturdays but if everything works out, I'll be there.

mbaerg
03-28-2012, 6:15 PM
oh ahaha its in APRIL.. not March... I wont be here anyways :(

peopleofthesun
03-28-2012, 7:54 PM
I'm going to try and switch with someone at work. I usually work Saturdays but if everything works out, I'll be there.

That would be cool man. I'm bringing both 9mm and .40 Berettas.

FresnoCNC
03-28-2012, 8:21 PM
Things Needed:

Sandwich buns- MikeEstep
Trash bags- MikeEstep
Drinks-peopleofthesun
Condiments-
Paper Plates- MikeEstep
Napkins-MikeEstep
Table- FresnoFox?

Ill be bringing 2 rakes

fresnofox
03-28-2012, 8:34 PM
If I don't have to work I will come. I can bring tables and bring trash back have a pick up so no problem and I have places to dump the trash

FresnoCNC
03-28-2012, 8:35 PM
If I don't have to work I will come. I can bring tables and bring trash back have a pick up so no problem and I have places to dump the trash

Okay, Let me know when the time gets closer so I know if I need to find another table or not.

peopleofthesun
03-28-2012, 9:20 PM
I can bring 2 folding tables and some iced water bottles/gatorades. Also a couple rakes and trash bags.

FresnoCNC
03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
I can bring 2 folding tables and some iced water bottles/gatorades. Also a couple rakes and trash bags.

Thank you for stepping up with donations.

jbilling85
03-29-2012, 6:46 PM
+1 I can bring munchies, Soda, what have you.
Msg me for my number if ya don't have it.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
04-02-2012, 7:08 PM
i can bring a cook. I wont tell her untill we get there.... shh

FresnoCNC
04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
+1 I can bring munchies, Soda, what have you.
Msg me for my number if ya don't have it.

Thanks John. Sodas sounds good

FresnoCNC
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
i can bring a cook. I wont tell her untill we get there.... shh

We already got one. She's always more than welcome though Brian!

HOESAYE559
04-03-2012, 4:57 PM
Where going to have a nice lil group going! Sweet well I can drive up to oakhurst but going to need a ride to the site where where shooting. May be me +1 and put me down for condiments or anything else that someone isn't bringing.

HOESAYE559
04-03-2012, 5:15 PM
What's everyone taking for targets and about how much ammo? What time do we plan on wrapping it up?

FresnoCNC
04-03-2012, 8:19 PM
What's everyone taking for targets and about how much ammo? What time do we plan on wrapping it up?

I'll bring a few hundred shotgun shells and maybe 100 or so .223.

Some wooden targets will be brought along with some hand throwers for clay.

HOESAYE559
04-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I'll bring a few hundred shotgun shells and maybe 100 or so .223.

Some wooden targets will be brought along with some hand throwers for clay.

Alright got a couple boxes of 9mm but going to stock up at the gun show next weekend...saw these paper zombie targets at the gunshop by my house was thinking of getting sum

peopleofthesun
04-04-2012, 8:13 PM
I'll probably bring 9mm, 40, 223 and .22. I have paper target stands, bowling pins, and empty plastic containers and tin cans.

C_S
04-05-2012, 2:53 PM
I should be able to make it. Have a full size truck to haul trash out. Will bring various steel targets to ding.

easyPZ
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm in, unless some emergency pops up, knock on wood.

OliveCookieMonsta
04-06-2012, 9:08 PM
I might be able to join! Sounds like fun

Will anyone let me follow them up? Because I don't know exactly where it is. Thanks!

FresnoCNC
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I might be able to join! Sounds like fun

Will anyone let me follow them up? Because I don't know exactly where it is. Thanks!

You can follow me

Lives_In_Fresno
04-07-2012, 3:39 PM
Bump for a good cause.

This comes up at the end of the month, folks.

hope to see everyone there!

Blackhawk556
04-07-2012, 6:07 PM
The stars are aligning so it looks like I'll be able to make it. I'll make sure and update a few days before just to confirm. :)

peopleofthesun
04-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm glad this might actually happen. I'm going to make a sign to put up to let people know the clean up is going on.

HOESAYE559
04-09-2012, 8:23 AM
So what's the head count at, and who's bringing what?

OliveCookieMonsta
04-09-2012, 9:35 PM
Cool thanks Mike! I'll PM u close to the time to go... I'll bring some sweets or a cake or something yummy!

Neato! I can't wait to go now!

peopleofthesun
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Cool thanks Mike! I'll PM u close to the time to go... I'll bring some sweets or a cake or something yummy!

Neato! I can't wait to go now!

Should be good times.

greasemonkey
04-10-2012, 7:09 PM
I'm in. Thank you for putting this together.

weber grill
yard tools (rake/shovel)
construction jobsite trash bags
assorted meat from Ronnie's Midway Market
??

Well after spending some time up at the bass lake range, Ive noticed the area has been neglected over some time. Most of the area is shells and casing, glass from people shooting bottles, some old records, metal pieces from various targets. I was approached last week by a gentleman who proposed the idea about having a range clean up. We have thrown some ideas around and some dates and other various things. I have wondered about the locals that shoot there, I don't want to step on someones toes, but I have no idea what to do about the locals that are up there shooting when we are planning on cleaning, Anyone have any ideas? We have decided to make it a clean up, which wont take much time, following have a few targets set up to shoot and Ill be bringing up a BBQ. WHATS BETTER THAN HAVING A CLEAN AREA TO SHOOT AND A BBQ?!?!?

I would like to get input on my ideas, and also a head count. It might be a bring your own meat to BBQ or if we have some people that wouldn't mind donating to the event. I will be bringing up a few 55 gallon drums to haul trash, some rakes, and a Costco size roll of trash bags.

1. Lives In Fresno
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip

Blackhawk556
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok I'm in. :)What else do you guys need? I'm taking my handguns and may be my 30-06. Is the place big enough to shoot it? Also, anyone have room to drive me up there? A civic is not recommended for the dirt road right?

timmyb21
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Wish I could make it, but my work week is right in the middle of the weekends. I frequent that spot, and I try to pick up some garbage to take with me when I leave. This is a great place to shoot, I'm glad that you guys are getting together to clean it up.

thayne
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Im more than likely in. Is the map accurate? Ive never been there.

greasemonkey
04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Im more than likely in. Is the map accurate? Ive never been there.

Try this in Google Maps: +37 20' 31.62", -119 35' 19.95"

thayne
04-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Try this in Google Maps: +37 20' 31.62", -119 35' 19.95"

Sweet!

Heres the link
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%2B37%C2%B0+20%27+31.62%22,+-119%C2%B0+35%27+19.95%22&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=37.338688,-119.58571&spn=0.014621,0.033023&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=58.72842,135.263672&t=m&z=16

Lives_In_Fresno
04-12-2012, 1:30 PM

1. Lives In Fresno
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip

I'll probably bring water and hamburgers/buns.

Just a recommendation, but people might want to bring chairs, trashbags, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.

I'll also try to bring tools....

HOESAYE559
04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I'll bring chips and couple 12packs of sodas anything else's needed?

Lives_In_Fresno
04-15-2012, 3:12 PM
I'll probably bring water and hamburgers/buns.

Just a recommendation, but people might want to bring chairs, trashbags, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.

I'll also try to bring tools....

Bring gloves!!!

Lots of sharp objects are out there. And I am not kidding...Was just there this past Saturday (yes, in the rain).

884runner
04-15-2012, 7:56 PM
Ok I'm in. :)What else do you guys need? I'm taking my handguns and may be my 30-06. Is the place big enough to shoot it? Also, anyone have room to drive me up there? A civic is not recommended for the dirt road right?

There are usually some ruts in the road, so I wouldn't recommend a car. The range is about 80 yards max.

I doubt I will make it, but if I am free I will show up.

Lives_In_Fresno
04-19-2012, 3:56 PM
There are usually some ruts in the road, so I wouldn't recommend a car. The range is about 80 yards max.

Bump for a good cause...this is in 9 days.

see you there!

Blackhawk556
04-21-2012, 3:52 PM

That sucks. Hopefully I find some way to get up there otherwise I'm out. I have the day off so I'm clear on that part.

peopleofthesun
04-22-2012, 3:04 PM
That sucks. Hopefully I find some way to get up there otherwise I'm out. I have the day off so I'm clear on that part.

Hey. You can ride with me from like Oakhurst if you want. I should have room.

Blackhawk556
04-22-2012, 4:17 PM

1. Lives In Fresno
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip

Looking at the thread, it looks like only one person is bringing water. Anyone like pepsi? I can bring some if you guys want. Only 9 are on the list (once you add me) so I'm guessing a 24 pack would be enough?????
are some of you bringing friends and family? If yes, I'll bump it up to 48 cans.

Hey. You can ride with me from like Oakhurst if you want. I should have room.
" Live In Fresno" offered to give me a ride about 2 hours ago. He wasn't sure if he would have room. I'll see what he says. Do you know a good spot where I can park my car while I ride up there with one of you guys?

thanks for the offer :)

Lives_In_Fresno
04-22-2012, 7:18 PM
Looking at the thread, it looks like only one person is bringing water. Anyone like pepsi? I can bring some if you guys want. Only 9 are on the list (once you add me) so I'm guessing a 24 pack would be enough?????
are some of you bringing friends and family? If yes, I'll bump it up to 48 cans.

If you can afford it, more "cold" soda is always better than less. I'm bringing at least one other person, and I believe others are also. I'll try to bring a cooler full of ice, with the water and other things. I suspect we will have piles of food, and not as much things to drink.

It is supposed to be a high of 69F there on the 28th. Makes for a wonderful day.

" Live In Fresno" offered to give me a ride about 2 hours ago. He wasn't sure if he would have room. I'll see what he says. Do you know a good spot where I can park my car while I ride up there with one of you guys?

thanks for the offer :)

You can ride with me, or one of the others...No worries either way. If you want to ride with me, I'd prefer that we hook up in Fresno. Also, I'll likely be going early, leaving fresno around 11am. Send me a pm with your ph # if you'd like a ride.

Blackhawk556
04-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Anyone have a magazine for a glock 19 they could let me borrow for this day?? I just bought some on eBay but they won't be here before Saturday.

C_S
04-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Turns out I have something I have to be at on Saturday so I can't make the clean-up. Sorry about that. Have fun!

peopleofthesun
04-23-2012, 4:06 PM
Turns out I have something I have to be at on Saturday so I can't make the clean-up. Sorry about that. Have fun!

Too bad man. No worries these things usually spawn more events so.

greasemonkey
04-23-2012, 7:11 PM
Anyone have a magazine for a glock 19 they could let me borrow for this day?? I just bought some on eBay but they won't be here before Saturday.

Nope but I have a 26 you're welcome to use, if you want...

FresnoCNC
04-24-2012, 3:58 PM
It's coming up this weekend. I'll have the BBQ and some burgers. I will be bringing two tri tips and rolls for sandwiches.

Blackhawk556
04-24-2012, 5:12 PM
Nope but I have a 26 you're welcome to use, if you want...

I don't think it will fit.

Lives_In_Fresno
04-24-2012, 5:17 PM

I think he was saying you could use his firearm. :)

greasemonkey
04-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Correct, sub-compact mags are too short to fit any of the larger models.
I think he was saying you could use his firearm. :)
^^This^^

peopleofthesun
04-24-2012, 10:49 PM
I'll probably be bringing my son and one of my bros.

My checklist

Rakes, gloves, shovels, trash bags, tri tip.

Guns

44 mag super blackhawk, Beretta 9mm and 40 cal.

My son (and I) have been wanting to shoot an AR and AK. By any chance will any of you let us shoot yours? I'll provide the ammo just let me know the if you have any preference of ammo. Thanks.

Blackhawk556
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
@@@greasemonkey & Lives In Fresno........well I feel dumb for that one. If nobody has g19 mags, I'll try out that 26.

@@people of the sun......im missing the stock for my AR15 but if you have one I'll bring the lower and upper.

greasemonkey
04-25-2012, 6:51 AM
I'll probably be bringing my son and one of my bros.

My checklist

Rakes, gloves, shovels, trash bags, tri tip.

Guns

44 mag super blackhawk, Beretta 9mm and 40 cal.

My son (and I) have been wanting to shoot an AR and AK. By any chance will any of you let us shoot yours? I'll provide the ammo just let me know the if you have any preference of ammo. Thanks.

You're welcome to try out the AR & AK's I'm bringing.
.223/5.56(rifle), 5.45x39(rifle) & 7.62x39(rifle & pistol) You're welcome to use my ammo if you just want to kick in a couple bucks, buying the russian stuff off the shelf is ridiculously expensive, I just get it mail order or at gun shows.

peopleofthesun
04-25-2012, 8:35 AM
You're welcome to try out the AR & AK's I'm bringing.
.223/5.56(rifle), 5.45x39(rifle) & 7.62x39(rifle & pistol) You're welcome to use my ammo if you just want to kick in a couple bucks, buying the russian stuff off the shelf is ridiculously expensive, I just get it mail order or at gun shows.

Thanks man!

Lives_In_Fresno
04-25-2012, 5:02 PM
Just to update:

A number of us will be there early, perhaps as early as 11am. The Ranger station knows we will be cleaning up the place beginning around 1pm and ending sometime (estimated) after 3. I will bring a campfire permit, and can leave it with any person operating a bbq.

For those that are so inclined, and want to get a campfire permit, they are free, and you can get them at any BLM office, and other places as well, such as those locations listed towards the bottom of the page at

http://www.sierrapacktrip.com/permits.htm

peopleofthesun
04-25-2012, 6:20 PM
Just to update:

A number of us will be there early, perhaps as early as 11am. The Ranger station knows we will be cleaning up the place beginning around 1pm and ending sometime (estimated) after 3. I will bring a campfire permit, and can leave it with any person operating a bbq.

For those that are so inclined, and want to get a campfire permit, they are free, and you can get them at any BLM office, and other places as well, such as those locations listed towards the bottom of the page at

http://www.sierrapacktrip.com/permits.htm

Thanks for doing that. I'll be there around 11am too.

I was thinking we might need to put something up marking the entrance to the trail cuz it can be tricky to see the first time there. Any ideas?

Lives_In_Fresno
04-25-2012, 7:57 PM
Thanks for doing that. I'll be there around 11am too.

I was thinking we might need to put something up marking the entrance to the trail cuz it can be tricky to see the first time there. Any ideas?

That might help...

I'm not sure what rules there may be in the forest area, so I might suggest caution...

There is also a map link in this thread, and people could also use the general guidance "turn right on the next possible turn after the second brown forest sign you see after turning on 222 from 41.

Also, If anyone gets near, and if my reception at the site doesn't totally suck, I can be reached at (559) 425-6242. (This is a google voice number, and will be changed after this event.) Not sure if texts are forwarded...

Finally, if anyone wants to go early, and wants to caravan, you are welcome to follow me up.

FresnoCNC
04-25-2012, 9:32 PM
Others have my phone number, but those who want it, pm me and I can assist with directions. Also, I will be placing something orange with an arrow pointing to the right to show where to turn.

Lives_In_Fresno
04-26-2012, 6:06 AM
Others have my phone number, but those who want it, pm me and I can assist with directions. Also, I will be placing something orange with an arrow pointing to the right to show where to turn.

You guys are great minds thinking alike!

You might consider making it rather large....4 X 4 feet, for example.

greasemonkey
04-26-2012, 6:21 AM
We could always lay a bunch of orange clays out, being biodegradable & all.

peopleofthesun
04-26-2012, 6:26 AM

Good idea.

Lives_In_Fresno
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM

Very creative!

FIREBALL_BRIAN
04-26-2012, 5:49 PM
i may not be able to attend just a heads up.

Blackhawk556
04-27-2012, 9:35 AM
Hey guys since no one has g19 mags what about g17 mags??

Lives_In_Fresno
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey guys since no one has g19 mags what about g17 mags??

All my stuff is .45ACP.

Perhaps just bring what you have, and you can mix/match there. Or perhaps you can shoot what someone else brings.

Blackhawk556
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah I guess I'll take my other stuff.

peopleofthesun
04-27-2012, 4:13 PM

Is there a place to shoot by shaver?

Lives_In_Fresno
04-27-2012, 8:39 PM
Is there a place to shoot by shaver?

Not that anyone knows of, so far.

peopleofthesun
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Had a good time today. Thanks to all who helped out. It was nice meeting all of you. Thank you MikeEstep for setting it up. Post pics if you have them.

FresnoCNC
04-29-2012, 1:02 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you who joined and made this a wonderful event and a way to give back to the community. I couldn't thank you guys enough, this wouldn't have been an event without you.

greasemonkey
04-29-2012, 8:29 AM
Mike, thanks again for stepping up and making this happen. Not even a member here for 6 months and you put together an event already.

For those of us who were unable to attend, did any of you take any pictures? I'm told it was a good time.

I just wanted to thank all of you who joined and made this a wonderful event and a way to give back to the community. I couldn't thank you guys enough, this wouldn't have been an event without you.

Lives_In_Fresno
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
did any of you take any pictures? I'm told it was a good time.

It was a great time, indeed.

Mike did a great job making this happen.

As for pics, there is one I took of Chef Mike at the grill. I'll let him decide whether to post it. :)

peopleofthesun
04-29-2012, 2:06 PM
I should have taken more pics but here are some.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_115511800x600.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_115529800x600.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_115546800x600.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_141740800x600.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_141745800x600.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_141751800x600.jpg

peopleofthesun
04-29-2012, 2:07 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ciscoford23/Range/IMG_20120428_174458800x600.jpg

FresnoCNC
04-29-2012, 2:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8950-c6c4-4e52.jpg

Off to cooking lessons.

peopleofthesun
04-29-2012, 3:30 PM
Food came out good man! Now your trap skills..that is a different story..haha

FresnoCNC
04-29-2012, 8:48 PM
Food came out good man! Now your trap skills..that is a different story..haha

I'm getting rusty. I need to do it more.

peopleofthesun
04-29-2012, 9:11 PM
That's you being rusty? I don't remember seeing you miss.

FresnoCNC
04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
That's you being rusty? I don't remember seeing you miss.

I missed more than usual.

OliveCookieMonsta
04-30-2012, 8:17 PM
Completely bummed I missed it ; ( but next time for sure! ; ) u guys all rock!

Lives_In_Fresno
05-01-2012, 5:59 AM
Completely bummed I missed it ; ( but next time for sure! ; ) u guys all rock!

I've been trying to figure out how to make threads like this stand out, prior to the event.

Maybe a sticky next time....hmmmm

FresnoCNC
05-01-2012, 9:02 AM
I've been trying to figure out how to make threads like this stand out, prior to the event.

Maybe a sticky next time....hmmmm

She knew about it. Just couldn't make it.

peopleofthesun
05-01-2012, 6:23 PM
She knew about it. Just couldn't make it.

I told her how bad the cooking was. It wasn't worth the drive haha.

FresnoCNC
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I told her how bad the cooking was. It wasn't worth the drive haha.

Yeah. Damn them master chefs.

peopleofthesun
05-02-2012, 9:50 PM
Yeah. Damn them master chefs.

haha. You going up there anytime soon?

peopleofthesun
05-06-2012, 1:09 PM
Went up there today. Not bad still looks decent. One fella that was leaving hauled away almost all the metal that was left. I gave him a hand and thanked him. Good guy. I also passed on a Calguns business card so I'm hoping he signs up.

Eat Dirt
05-15-2012, 6:36 AM
How about a couple of these for your "Clean-up" up there ??

I put a couple in the shooting area where I've headed up a few clean-ups

And they work !!! A week later and No Trash..........
Contact me if interested::
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

mif_slim
05-15-2012, 2:43 PM
How about a couple of these for your "Clean-up" up there ??

I put a couple in the shooting area where I've headed up a few clean-ups

And they work !!! A week later and No Trash..........
Contact me if interested::
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

I like this! :D

SuicideCharley
06-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, can't believe I didn't know about this place. I ride ATV's in Miami Trails just a few miles further on 41 and camp at Little Sandy. Is there a regular meet up for Calguns folks in the area? This should be a regular thing (1st Saturday of every month or something like that) A bunch of folks used to do this on private property but it was off 180 and not too high in elevation so no summer shooting because of the heat and dry brush. Great family atmosphere. NICE JOB ON PUTTING THIS TOGETHER!! I'LL DEFINITELY DONATE MINE AND MY FAMILIES TIME AND LABOR NEXT GO 'ROUND!

greasemonkey
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
The only recurring event I know of in/around Fresno right now is the IDPA match at The Range, 2nd Friday of the month. Y'all pick a date and just start showing up once a month...and please do try to bring a friend, preferably someone who hasn't shot before.
1st Saturday
3rd Saturday
4th Saturday

IRIDECHEVYS
07-06-2012, 7:14 PM
Going up tomorrow for the first time after we leave the gun show. I'll be bringing some trash bags with me and clean up what I can.

SuicideCharley
07-11-2012, 3:10 PM
Going up tomorrow for the first time after we leave the gun show. I'll be bringing some trash bags with me and clean up what I can.

Nice! I did the same when I went recently. I just posted a thread about making this a regular meet up spot.

nelly.hartley
07-13-2012, 1:26 AM
Thanks for sharing! Helpful information I have got from here..

1. Lives In Fresno
3. HOESAYE559
4. Blackandredwarrior
5. Adam B.
6. gsrious
7. 10RNDr- Tri-Tip

SuicideCharley
07-13-2012, 6:47 AM
The only recurring event I know of in/around Fresno right now is the IDPA match at The Range, 2nd Friday of the month. Y'all pick a date and just start showing up once a month...and please do try to bring a friend, preferably someone who hasn't shot before.
1st Saturday
3rd Saturday
4th Saturday

Started a thread here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=594329 about a regular meet up.