PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Palmetto BCG?

Jaredm83
03-20-2012, 8:44 AM
Just ordered 2 uppers and 2 LBK's from PSA last week, was expecting to wait a couple weeks before they shipped so I didn't order a BCG for one of the uppers. I was just going to use an Armalite BCG that I have in my other AR15 but have since decided against that. My uppers shipped 2 days later and will be here Thursday. Now PSA wont sell me a BCG because what they have is allocated only for complete uppers they sell. Does anyone else have Palmetto BCG's in stock or anyone know of a different brand BCG that will work well in a PSA 5.56 M4 upper?

hnoppenberger
03-20-2012, 8:47 AM
riflegear has good priced bcgs in stock. their house brand is good or pick up some lmt's. stags are fine if you just want a semi auto carrier.

Jaredm83
03-20-2012, 9:58 AM
There in house brand doesnt look bad, same specs as the psa standard bcg as far as I can tell. Will any bcg work or will I need to have my upper headspaced when I get one? Even though PSA says that its headspaced and fired before they ship it?

wsmc27
03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
BCMs' group shows in stock (got one a couple weeks ago, great service as always) and is currently $20 off their usual price.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

Jaredm83
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
thanks for that. A friend has a spikes mil spec that he is willing to sell me for 100 bucks. has 2k rounds through it. Thats starting to look like a decent deal. I wish I would have just bought one from PSA when I ordered my uppers... Would have only been 80 bucks! The guy on the phone told me he thinks they are $100 when they have them in stock...

The War Wagon
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Definitely BCM, if they have 'em in stock. Check G&R Tactical as well.

WHEN did Palmetto stop selling theirs seperately? I bought one of their premium BCG's back in November with no hassle! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon11.gif

CHS
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
ANY of these BCG's will meet or exceed your performance expectations and are available all over the place:

LMT
Daniel Defense
BCM

icenix
03-20-2012, 11:39 AM
BCM all the way. Very fast service, high quality, and hard to beat.

Jaredm83
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
thanks. PSA didnt stop selling them seperate, they are just out of stock. What they do have they will only sell if purchased with an upper. I was just thinking that I should stick with psa since thats what my upper is. Can anyone learn me on headspacing?

CHS
03-20-2012, 1:05 PM
thanks. PSA didnt stop selling them seperate, they are just out of stock. What they do have they will only sell if purchased with an upper. I was just thinking that I should stick with psa since thats what my upper is. Can anyone learn me on headspacing?

There's no good reason to stick with PSA just because the rest of the upper is PSA. A quality made BCG is the same from any of the upper-tier manufacturers like BCM, DD, LMT, etc.

There is no need to worry about headspacing when it comes to the AR platform. Barrels are headspaced from the manufacturer when the extension is installed and bolts are headspaced at the manufacturer too to reference bolts.

Your upper has already been headspaced so seriously don't worry about it. Same with the BCG you end up purchasing.

tonyxcom
03-20-2012, 1:06 PM
Most places have Daniel Defense BCG's in stock and at $130 are a relative bargain given the quality and reputation.

Edit: apparently all the people that sell them that cheap are OOS.

Jaredm83
03-20-2012, 1:26 PM
Ok thanks guys. I just offered my buddy 80 bucks for his Spikes mil spec bcg and he said come pick it up. It has 2000 rounds through it. I think it will be fine for what I'm doing... We will see.

SpeedTribe
03-21-2012, 6:16 AM
If you have a new barrel you should run a new bolt. The parts mate together with use. Personally, I would not use a 2k round bolt in a new barrel. It may work fine but just spend the extra bucks and do it right.

Therunningidiot
03-21-2012, 7:41 AM
If you have a new barrel you should run a new bolt. The parts mate together with use. Personally, I would not use a 2k round bolt in a new barrel. It may work fine but just spend the extra bucks and do it right.

I'd note that the OP has been talking about a BCG (bolt carrier group), and not the bolt itself.

Jaredm83
03-21-2012, 7:58 AM
Well, I meant complete bolt carrier group with bolt. It does make sense to run a new bolt and everything else in a new barrel though. Thanks

SpeedTribe
03-21-2012, 8:33 AM
I'd note that the OP has been talking about a BCG (bolt carrier group), and not the bolt itself.

When using the term "BCG" it is usually in reference to the entire assembly; Bolt, Carrier, Firing Pin, Cam Pin, etc...as a "group" Although you can order the parts seperately Bolt Carrier Group is the term for the complete set.

clutchy
03-22-2012, 8:32 AM
Do not use a used bcg in a new rifle... you're asking for problems....

Get a new one use it in only that gun and don't swap it around.