PDA

View Full Version : Magazines for my Nephew

powaybob
03-20-2012, 7:32 AM
I wanted to give my nephew some M-16 magazines as a gift. I ordered them from a company in Iowa and wanted to have them shipped to my nephew North Carolina. The company said I had to have a California exemption letter to do this.:eek:

This makes no sense to me, but then little of the legislation coming from Sacramento has made sense for decades.

Is the company correct, or just as confused on California law as the rest of us?:confused:

CSACANNONEER
03-20-2012, 7:38 AM
Find another company to give your money to.

Baconator
03-20-2012, 7:39 AM
I wanted to give my nephew some M-16 magazines as a gift. I ordered them from a company in Iowa and wanted to have them shipped to my nephew North Carolina. The company said I had to have a California exemption letter to do this.:eek:

This makes no sense to me, but then little of the legislation coming from Sacramento has made sense for decades.

Is the company correct, or just as confused on California law as the rest of us?:confused:

Exile Machine FTW

Spoilerv2
03-20-2012, 7:41 AM
You're obviously not ordering the mags to be sent to a CA address. That company is being retarded and clearly don't want to do business with a CA resident. Just order from http://www.44mag.com They are a upstanding company that understand CA laws and most importantantly to bend over backwards for their "CA customers."

powaybob
03-20-2012, 8:59 AM
I did order some from another source. Wish I had seen www.44mag.com before I ordered though.

Thanks for the advice.

AKSOG
03-20-2012, 9:10 AM
Walmart Gift Cards allow you to assign the legal state address to them as a billing address.

brianm767
03-20-2012, 1:53 PM
Many places will not let you order from them if your billing addys is in cali and you want it shipped to another addy, especialy on restricted firearm parts.

brianm767
03-20-2012, 1:54 PM
Walmart Gift Cards allow you to assign the legal state address to them as a billing address.

I didnt know that, good to know.