PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued List, PO'd kinda.

indobos72
03-19-2012, 8:04 PM
So I looked at the discontinued list. An found a remmy 700 at Corona for a great deal. Walked in and no deal. Larry and Scott my go two guys, tried checking to see if the San Berdo store still has theirs. No go! Any chance you guys are going to ever have that list updated daily? Or at least weekly? A more up to date list would be nice. Not complaining, just hoping for an active online inventory.

monk
03-19-2012, 9:31 PM
Not knocking your complaint but couldn't this have been avoided by calling?

LBDamned
03-20-2012, 8:45 AM
or doing a search... there's a thread that was created only a month ago...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=535788&highlight=discontinued+list

and I believe its been in the questions thread and others as well.

Rimfire123
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
So I looked at the discontinued list. An found a remmy 700 at Corona for a great deal. Walked in and no deal. Larry and Scott my go two guys, tried checking to see if the San Berdo store still has theirs. No go! Any chance you guys are going to ever have that list updated daily? Or at least weekly? A more up to date list would be nice. Not complaining, just hoping for an active online inventory.

+1 on that.

indobos72
03-20-2012, 3:43 PM
Not complaining, just hoping for an active online inventory.

Not knocking your complaint but couldn't this have been avoided by calling?

or doing a search... there's a thread that was created only a month ago...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=535788&highlight=discontinued+list

and I believe its been in the questions thread and others as well.

That's kinda why I said not complaining. Used the title and my post to get attention to the fact that I thought an active online inventory would be nice is all gentlemen. Figure with how large Turners is, they might be able to get something like this in the works. I know they have bigger issue's now. But I assumed their thread would be a good place to start. ;)

Baconator
03-20-2012, 3:44 PM
That's kinda why I said not complaining. Used the title and my write up to get attention to the fact that I thought an active online inventory would be nice is all gentlemen. Figure with how large Turners is, they might be able to get something like this in the works. I know they have bigger issue's now. But I assumed their thread would be a good place to start. ;)

You aren't allowed to question Turner's without someone complaining about it. Sorry.

indobos72
03-20-2012, 3:46 PM
I assumed everyone read before they posted. :hide:

LBDamned
03-20-2012, 6:31 PM
You aren't allowed to question Turner's without someone complaining about it. Sorry.

you're right... having multiple threads about one topic makes sense - and anyone suggesting keeping one thread on the topic is complaining... and someone suggesting to call about inventory is complaining... mmmm-hmmm :rolleyes:

Boris
03-21-2012, 9:13 AM
Not complaining, just hoping for an active online inventory.

You should be able to get real-time inventory information from the navigation screen of your flying car.

monk
03-21-2012, 9:54 AM
I assumed everyone read before they posted. :hide:

Lol, that was my bad. No clue why I inserted "complaining" in there. I guess "concern" was a better fit.

Baconator
03-21-2012, 9:59 AM
you're right... having multiple threads about one topic makes sense - and anyone suggesting keeping one thread on the topic is complaining... and someone suggesting to call about inventory is complaining... mmmm-hmmm :rolleyes:

You've been around long enough to know the "Search" function is hit or miss

indobos72
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
You should be able to get real-time inventory information from the navigation screen of your flying car.

LOL. I do believe that some vendors are going or will start to go to an active inventory system (At least they should, if they have an online presence). Wouldn't seem so far fetched for a larger company like Turners to do the same. Palmetto State Armory comes to mind with an active inventory system.

xoutxkastx
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
LOL. I do believe that some vendors are going or will start to go to an active inventory system (At least they should, if they have an online presence). Wouldn't seem so far fetched for a larger company like Turners to do the same. Palmetto State Armory comes to mind with an active inventory system.

Same thing happened to me when i went into turners looking for a bolt gun they had. Went in and they said nada. I believe the list gets updated 1st of the month. I just call ahead now. I do agree that an active inventory system on their site would be awesome. You should send Rob @ Turners a PM on that.

JMP
03-22-2012, 1:16 PM
I got an SPS Varmint on the list for $519. Great deal--it is the same gun that is on Remington's website "starting at $729". Sometimes the guns are there, but you might have to jump through hoops. The locations are often incorrect, and calling will not help since the salespeople at the stores don't know they have it on sale. Mine was transferred from another store, and it still had a $669 pricetag on it. Personally, I think it is better that they don't make it easy, or the guns would be gone in the first hour. Print the list, and go to a saleperson you know during a time when your store isn't busy, and he should be able to figure it out (there were 6 out there when I got mine). There is way more demand for guns than supply right now, so I wouldn't expect retailers to make it easy to get you a great price when people are lining up waiting for hours to overpay for guns and ammunition.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 2:04 PM

All of the entertaining comments aside, let us say, that we absolutely do not read this as a complaint at all.

That said, as we transition into our new system, we will head towards a long overdue online store with a "live" inventory. Currently we have no way to update the list daily but we'll see what we can do as things move along.

indobos72
03-22-2012, 6:47 PM
I got an SPS Varmint on the list for $519. Great deal--it is the same gun that is on Remington's website "starting at $729". Sometimes the guns are there, but you might have to jump through hoops. The locations are often incorrect, and calling will not help since the salespeople at the stores don't know they have it on sale. Mine was transferred from another store, and it still had a $669 pricetag on it. Personally, I think it is better that they don't make it easy, or the guns would be gone in the first hour. Print the list, and go to a saleperson you know during a time when your store isn't busy, and he should be able to figure it out (there were 6 out there when I got mine). There is way more demand for guns than supply right now, so I wouldn't expect retailers to make it easy to get you a great price when people are lining up waiting for hours to overpay for guns and ammunition.

JMP, I think I hate you, jk. That was what I went in to get. At $519 it was a steal. Hope you enjoy it mr early bird.

All of the entertaining comments aside, let us say, that we absolutely do not read this as a complaint at all.

That said, as we transition into our new system, we will head towards a long overdue online store with a "live" inventory. Currently we have no way to update the list daily but we'll see what we can do as things move along.

Exactly, wasn't a complaint at all. Just wanted to mention that since other vendors are using an active system. Hopefully when you all get the new system smoothed out. Looking at an active system would be nice. Now for my trouble you an offer me a Remington 700 sps at $519. ;)

JMP
03-23-2012, 7:55 AM
Indobos, while you are asking, perhaps you should see if they will also honor the offer to pay your sales tax, which was a Calguns special at the time.

You can't go wrong with the SPS Varmint--of all the 700's that's the one to get. The only thing it's missing is a threaded barrel. I think it is a good value at full retail. I was going to get 2 at $519, but then I saw the FNH SPR (US PALM version) on sale for $799, so I figured I'd give that a try. I don't know what your gun stores are like, but you have to be an early bird. I show up at 9:59 to be first in line. By the time I was filling out my paperwork, there were rows of people 4 deep across the whole gun counter, and I think they were about 30 numbers behind.