PDA

View Full Version : Turners Not sure it this is where to post it

Rude Robert
03-19-2012, 8:03 PM
Okay, My work friend bought a used 10/22 at this store and it had a scratch in it as well. He paid from what i remember 139$ out the door. Had to wait for something on there end(Turner's) to clear and then he wait for the 10 day waiting period to end. So He goes and picks up the rifle and was told the there was a computer error and that he has to pay 70$ more. I believe this is illegal, if you improperly label something it is the store that takes that lost not the customer. Anyways, I called and spoke to Jason and said how displeased I was about this and told him the I would let everyone I know about this shady dealings and will contact the BBB and corporate, as well as anyone else for that matter. The manager's name is Jason and I spoke to him at around 1800. So he must be the night manager, he said that he was aware of this and that he wouldn't talk to me at all about it. So, I hung up on him. I have done a lot of business with them, but will make every attempt not to do business with them again. I helped this guy buy his first hunting license, took him out hunting and helped get him into shooting. I have posted that I'd rather pay more money to Buy Leupold because it is an American company, well, I will gladly spend more money to support the little gun shops in Riverside and bass pros then Go to Turners. There is my Rant!! Thx Robert

SoCal Bob
03-19-2012, 8:31 PM
I think you may get better results by posting this in the Turner's section of the Vendors forum. They read and respond to the posts.

Noraku81
03-19-2012, 8:32 PM
$70 sounds like the licensing/registration fees. Did they specifically say $139 all fees included?

theshoer
03-19-2012, 8:36 PM
If you are not the Buyer he has no reason to speak to you.Let your Friend handle it.

bubbapug1
03-19-2012, 9:29 PM
maybe you have a problem with rules...like forum rules....retail laws, ffl rules etc....did you even look at this site to see if there was a thread for turners?? Or did you just post in the first forum that you saw????

.45JHP
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
User name says it all.

All kidding aside to the OP, it isn't your place to put Turners on blast as you did not interact with them personally during the sales transaction, nor is this the proper subforum to post under.

glockwise2000
03-19-2012, 11:15 PM
User name says it all.

Agreed.

mtsul
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
maybe you have a problem with rules...like forum rules....retail laws, ffl rules etc....did you even look at this site to see if there was a thread for turners?? Or did you just post in the first forum that you saw????

(Just the blue) In all fairness would you search CalGuns for a turners page? I did back when I joined but they did not have one and I almost never go anywhere beside the FS section (besides tonight):facepalm: so I would not know or even care to look if I just wanted to rant:oji:

BUt yes he should have looked and used our amazing:rolleyes: search function:xeno::rolleyes:

6172crew
03-20-2012, 4:36 AM
I think you may get better results by posting this in the Turner's section of the Vendors forum. They read and respond to the posts.

Good idea:chris:

bonzaiii
03-20-2012, 5:54 AM
Really, You call them about a gun that has Nothing to do with you and then threaten them and then you wonder why they won't talk to you....Go figure!

Rude Robert
03-20-2012, 6:29 AM
Never seen this section on Turners before actually. Never scroll this far down. Yes if tying to get things done correctly for people is considered being Rude then I am Rude. People don't like to hear the truth and they consider it Rude when you don't tell them what they want to hear. That is the reason for the Rude in my name. I don't tell People lies just to tell them what they want to hear. I will never do business with them again, unless they correct this. He has the receipt they should have never be additional fees unless it was lay away, in which this was not. So, If i can not discuss my displease to the manager on how they treat me, or anyone else for that matter, in their poor business dealings then, fine. I am Rude, I have seen Turners tell people lies about the bullet button issue before too, but it wasn't a serious issue to make a public statement about. But this, is going to far thanks for moving to the correct section. Robert

bubbapug1
03-20-2012, 9:47 AM
Never seen this section on Turners before actually. Never scroll this far down. Yes if tying to get things done correctly for people is considered being Rude then I am Rude. People don't like to hear the truth and they consider it Rude when you don't tell them what they want to hear. That is the reason for the Rude in my name. I don't tell People lies just to tell them what they want to hear. I will never do business with them again, unless they correct this. He has the receipt they should have never be additional fees unless it was lay away, in which this was not. So, If i can not discuss my displease to the manager on how they treat me, or anyone else for that matter, in their poor business dealings then, fine. I am Rude, I have seen Turners tell people lies about the bullet button issue before too, but it wasn't a serious issue to make a public statement about. But this, is going to far thanks for moving to the correct section. Robert

:oji::oji::oji:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Speedpower
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Okay, My work friend bought a used 10/22 at this store and it had a scratch in it as well. He paid from what i remember 139$ out the door. Had to wait for something on there end(Turner's) to clear and then he wait for the 10 day waiting period to end. So He goes and picks up the rifle and was told the there was a computer error and that he has to pay 70$ more. I believe this is illegal, if you improperly label something it is the store that takes that lost not the customer. Anyways, I called and spoke to Jason and said how displeased I was about this and told him the I would let everyone I know about this shady dealings and will contact the BBB and corporate, as well as anyone else for that matter. The manager's name is Jason and I spoke to him at around 1800. So he must be the night manager, he said that he was aware of this and that he wouldn't talk to me at all about it. So, I hung up on him. I have done a lot of business with them, but will make every attempt not to do business with them again. I helped this guy buy his first hunting license, took him out hunting and helped get him into shooting. I have posted that I'd rather pay more money to Buy Leupold because it is an American company, well, I will gladly spend more money to support the little gun shops in Riverside and bass pros then Go to Turners. There is my Rant!! Thx Robert

What a waste of thread! :facepalm:

1st off all, you are not even the actual buyer so why are you whinnying?

Malmon
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
What a waste of thread! :facepalm:

1st off all, you are not even the actual buyer so why are you whinnying?

He is not "whinnying"?, he is trying to help out his friend. There's no reason why he cannot speak to the manager in behalf of his friend.

gr8dragon88
03-20-2012, 1:20 PM
Your friend should speak to the store manager or Turner's corporate office if he/she has not done so. Looked like there was a clerical error on Turner's part with the price.

There's also sticky thread on this forum with Turner's contact for customer service issues:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=477472

I bought a consignment pistol from them once, paid for it in full then saw the online listing later with a lower price, took my paperwork back to the store along with the listing printout and the manager refunded the difference with no question asked.

Since this is a used rifle (they bought it from someone), Turner's must hold it for 30 days before they can release it.

Baconator
03-20-2012, 1:22 PM
Call the cops, and shoot an RPG. If you can bench 275, you could kick his ***.

gr8dragon88
03-20-2012, 1:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States#Categorical _exclusions

Rude Robert
03-20-2012, 9:59 PM
Sure, it has nothing to do with me at all. Someone calls me and tells me about a shady business scamming people. I meant what I said, they will never get my business again, If they treat people like that. Especially since he was waiting for a month(with their payment in full), to get everything cleared, just to get ripped off like that. But I sure you nice people don't mind if you buy your goods and as soon as you start to walk out, they had extra cost to it, after you have already paid for it. I know you probably work there and or are receiving some kind of kick back so, as long as your not affected you are not worried at all!! I don't deal with crooks, period!!

Magnum Johnson
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
This sounds a little like a call into love line with the "friend" stuff. Your partner should just call the store and find out why there was a problem and what exactly happened. Im sure if there was a problem a solution would be to provide them with a bank statement or a receipt showing the price and what you paid. I wouldn't think a large company like Turners would be "scamming" people out of an extra $70 on a used 10/22.

Not to mention that if you partner paid $139 out the door for a 10/22 this would make it about a $99.00 Ruger 10/22 and that's a great deal for a 10/22 with a "scratch" on it.

Rude Robert
03-21-2012, 3:44 PM
Sounds like your a bit jealous. Then, on top of that, you want to start calling names, right there if there was a moderator, should be giving you warning for or boot you off calguns for the name calling. Plus, you don't need to read or post to make a reply. It sounds like you want to incite violence on this site

Akers
03-21-2012, 4:06 PM
It is threads like this and how we treat one another that make me want to leave the forum. A bunch of internet tough guys.

CSACANNONEER
03-21-2012, 4:21 PM
While I have had piss poor service at Turner's, I have to support Jason's not wanting to talk to you about this matter. Who the hell do you think you are anyways? You are not the customer, you are not part of the store, you have NOTHING to do with the transaction. On top of that, You hung up on HIM. It sure sounds like you are a busy body with nothing to do except stick your nose where it does not belong and is not welcome. Let your friend fight his own battles.

You are a little naive if you think that the BBB means anything to anyone though. The BBB is a scam. It is a private business that takes money from businesses to give them a good rating. If a business doesn't belong to the BBB, there is really nothing the BBB can do. Besides, who's dumb enough to look at BBB ratings anymore?

That said, yea, I think your friend needs a better explanation of what is going on. His original receipt should help him understand who made the mistake. If it is Turner's fault (and it very well could be), I would hope that they would make it right. If it's your buddy's fault, he should make you apologize in person to Jason and everyone here for your outrageous actions and accusations.

Greg90731
03-21-2012, 8:20 PM
Not sure why some guys are jumping on this guy. I will agree that his screen name is a bit ironic given the thread though.

Like him, I speak my mind and I do so respectfully but it is true that most folks do not like to hear the truth and can get defensive.

I also do not understand why so many of you seem to be so worked up about the fact that he called on behalf of his friend. If his friend, for whom he seems to be kind of a mentor on this subject, was okay for him to call then I have no problem with this. If the employee is not comfortable talking to him, I can also understand that and in this case, he should call back with his friend or have the friend call directly.

If Turners messed up, then I think that calling customer service should resolve this as, even though they can be sometimes difficult to deal with from what I read (I never had any issues with them personally), they are a respectable business and should correct this. It is possible that there was indeed a misunderstanding from his friend and that the price difference comes from fees that were not properly communicated or understood.

Also, I think that the tough guys flexing their internet muscles and making gay jokes should probably refrain from doing so, as I do not think this is appropriate for this site. There are many places all over the web to be an *****. Go ahead and have fun there...

Having said all that Rude Robert, your friend should man up indeed and owns his own problems though, as I said, I do not blame you for trying to be helpful.

Rude Robert
03-22-2012, 5:51 AM
Thanks Greg for your comments. Both Ricardo and I work nights so most of my posting will be in the morning and afternoon. He did send in a email to the address that I assume a csr rep for Turners post on this forum. Once I seen it, I called him and he sent him an email. Not sure what day that was, though. A lot of people don't know where to turn when stuff happens like this and this is one of those cases. Ricardo, at that time was stunned by what was told to him, for a whole month Turners could have called him and said that there was an error and in fact did not. Ricardo was really happy and told everyone about the deal he got on his rifle. Told me it had some kind of scratch, but I told him that we would try and make it look better somehow. He was floored when he was told that he had to come up with more money, which was not right and probably not legal. So he paid the additional fees and left, then called me. I was totally shocked by this, especially since I had told him to shop at Turners and that I had bought 3 rifles and a couple of had guns there. Robert

robz@turners
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Have the purchaser e-mail me and I will see what happened. Something doesnt sound right. Thanks

Rude Robert
03-23-2012, 7:14 AM
Hi Robz, I showed him(over the phone) your post. I believe he emailed you. He told me he emailed somebody. When I get to work I will call him, we work several miles from each other. I believe he sent you a email 2 or 3 days ago, from what he told me. Thank you