PDA

View Full Version : Big 5 pick up date two diff story's

kris smith
03-19-2012, 6:53 PM
I bought 2 guns from big 5 ad I asked the lady manager and te other male manager if there was a way I could pick up on the 10th day they both said its against policy but all they have to do I calls the district manifest and have him approve it and we can come in at 740 an hour past my purchase time and te third manager says I refuse to let these guns go before tomarrow I told him two of three managers too me they would release them he says that they are wrong and it's impossible big 5 was going to be my new lgs but every time this manager is working he treats everyone like there nothing but a nussance and he does not know a thin about rifles rant off

brianm767
03-19-2012, 6:57 PM
Two words, "spell checker" OK three "Grammar" are you on a IPAD? That's how my writing is on a IPAD

That aside, it's their store policy,we all know that, you and I will just have to deal with it.

Chaos47
03-19-2012, 7:02 PM
Nothing new here.

Doheny
03-19-2012, 7:02 PM
There's been a number of threads that talk about Big 5's pickup date. Basically, it's the 11th day so as to avoid an employee giving you your gun too early on the 10th day, if that makes sense.

kris smith
03-19-2012, 7:03 PM
I know it's policy but why do they say two different things in fine with the 11 days but if they say I can pick up on day 10 I want to and what ever was misspelled was auto corrected from my iPhone

Doheny
03-19-2012, 7:05 PM
I guess the iPhone can't correct 43 word sentences. ;)

brianm767
03-19-2012, 7:06 PM
I know it's policy but why do they say two different things in fine with the 11 days but if they say I can pick up on day 10 I want to and what ever was misspelled was auto corrected from my iPhone

I knew it, I'm on my wife's IPAD and it does the same to me! But I do throw in a few periods and commas once in awhile.
Just bustin your b@//s

kris smith
03-19-2012, 7:52 PM
I'm used to it I've never used punctuation while on the phone I guess it being raised in the txt generation

DRM6000
03-19-2012, 9:00 PM
i've been told 11 days and i picked up a purchase on the 10th day. i told them the law says 10 24 hour periods and i'd like to pick up my purchase. the asst manager was kind of hesitant and mentioned he'd get written up for it. i told him i'm sorry that's going to happen, but i'd like my purchased item. he did release it.

i was polite throughout the process. i'm sure that helped. i know at my job, if somebody came along and was rude and demanding, i'd stand firm on the policy.

icenix
03-19-2012, 9:14 PM
Two words, "spell checker" OK three "Grammar" are you on a IPAD? That's how my writing is on a IPAD

That aside, it's their store policy,we all know that, you and I will just have to deal with it.

You mean "an" IPad, lol.

brianm767
03-19-2012, 9:24 PM
You mean "an" IPad, lol.

That is funny, I'll be the first to admit that my grammar and spelling is atrocious.

I do the best I can with a 7th grade education, actually I did go into the 8th grade for two weeks, that was it, the school and I then came to a mutual agreement that we would part ways.

But my momma says I'm special.

chad68
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I like how Big5 and other shops can't trust their employees enough to be able to read a freakin' clock, so people can pick up on the tenth day (240+ hours) but trust them enough to be able to read a calander for the 11th day.

Why not just push it out to 12, 13, or 14+. Maybe they can change the law in how long the DROS is valid for and make pickup 2 months after the purchase date.

kris smith
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I was as nice as could be. I walked in and said I'd like to pick up my fire arms and he was rude right off the batt. I said what I was told by the other manager and he got in a worse mood . I've never had this service from a big 5 I am really thinking about complaining about his attitude

elsolo
03-19-2012, 10:24 PM
The one gun I bought from Big-5, I hadn't heard about the 11 day wait.
I went back 241 hrs later, the kid behind the counter called his buddy who worked at a different gunstore to confirm the 10 x 24hr law, and he let me take it. I hope he didn't get in trouble with management.

hyperion.excal
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
You mean "an" IPad, lol.

you win. :D

kris smith
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
I could underhand this from a big town long in business store but I live in a smallish town it's our third gun store and big 5 has only been open less than 3 months

jbush
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Don't these threads show up about every two weeks. Big 5 policy, 11 days, yes some managers make exceptions, they are a chain store with minimum wage employees and no they don't trust them. Either live with it or buy somewhere else. Big 5 is overpriced anyway.

kris smith
03-20-2012, 6:07 AM
Not in my town there cheap

robert101
03-20-2012, 8:37 AM
I just purchased a Ruger 10/22 from Big 5. The actual receipt has the pick up date on it. Yes it is the 11th day and that is their policy. I realized this at purchase and accepted the terms. It seems people don't realize Big 5's policy is 11 days at purchase and then complain after they look at the calendar.

If you don't like the 11 day wait then buy from another source. I think it is just that simple.

P.S. Relax as I don't mean to sound offensive in my post.

kris smith
03-20-2012, 9:43 AM
This is not a post bashing big 5 policy it's about the two different story's. And also about the curtness and rude ness and inexperience of the manager on tht day. I have not one issue with 11 days until you tell me I can pick up on day 10 at the time of original purchase. Then I want my damn guns. I don't see how in a smallish town like Ramona tht they will be around for long I they don't make customers happy and treat us nice. We have two other brick and mortar stores to choose from ranger Doug's and a new black rife shop. And Doug really seems to know his stuff he's an e lawyer and a member o sass. I have never had A issue with him except he's busy when I'm there and he's not open on Sunday's or Monday's which are my weekends

Merc1138
03-20-2012, 9:49 AM
The policy is 11 days, you got the possibility of an exception from a manager who wasn't there later(and the manager who was there was following the policy and likely had no idea what the other guy had stated). Complain to Big5 about it, ranting here won't do anyone any good.

robert101
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey Kris, I get your pain. I too don't like bad customer service. Take care.
Robert

kris smith
03-20-2012, 5:57 PM
Thanks rob

Doheny
03-20-2012, 5:59 PM
/thread

peter95
03-20-2012, 7:07 PM
That's big5

xrMike
03-20-2012, 8:19 PM
post can't read eyes hurt no periods run on sentence you no engrish my friend like yeah eyes hurt

p2rider426
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
I was as nice as could be. I walked in and said I'd like to pick up my fire arms and he was rude right off the batt. I said what I was told by the other manager and he got in a worse mood . I've never had this service from a big 5 I am really thinking about complaining about his attitude

Fourth post in the thread and you use your first period. I'm so proud :).

send it_hit
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM
1. create thread
2. acknowledge big5's waiting period as lame
3. sticky thread
4. ?????
5. profit.

but seriously, can we have a "yes we know big5's policies are lame, no you don't have to shop there" sticky?

jbush
03-21-2012, 12:03 AM
1. create thread
2. acknowledge big5's waiting period as lame
3. sticky thread
4. ?????
5. profit.

but seriously, can we have a "yes we know big5's policies are lame, no you don't have to shop there" sticky?

Agreed, maybe this should be a sticky. This rant gets posted all the time. And, yes it's not know to hear some people get their guns after 10 days, but their policy is 11. If the day bothers you, shop the other store.

Ryan in SD
03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Big 5 is as derp as it gets. Their policies often are against the law. ie. turning away ppt after 5pm.

sd joe
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Be it right or wrong, their policy is 11 days. If they let it go on the tenth day at 4pm the same people would be in the store at noon arguing. The eleventh day keeps it simple for employees of the store. Spend the extra $50 on the low end guns they sell and buy them at a "gun shop" instead of a discount sporting goods store. Rollers blades, hula hoops, and guns in the same store is asking for trouble.

xrMike
03-21-2012, 1:04 PM
Rollers blades, hula hoops, and guns in the same store is asking for trouble.Not if you don't care about the 11th day.

I like having a Big5 in my podunk town because it's the ONLY place I can go and pick up bricks of Blazer on sale for $20, instead of driving to Walmart 20 miles away. I support Big5 every way I can because I want them to stay in business.

When I was young, dumb, and full of... impatience (yeah, that's it), that 11th day would've bothered me. But not now.