PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button convertible help please!

Irish Gunner
03-19-2012, 7:45 PM
So I picked up my lower today and was going to install the convertible bullet button into it. Problem is I don't have six hands.

I can get everything in and compressed, but I cant keep the small spring compressed to start the final nut. I thought this was going to be easy, but I struggled for 30 min before giving up. Any tricks of the trade from you experts out there?

Panchira!
03-19-2012, 7:57 PM
Yep simply toss the bullet button convertable and get yourself a raddlock gen x and be done :) I once had a convertible bb and it was so much of a pita I threw it away and installed a raddlock install took less then 1 min.

I know it sucks spending twice but it's totally worth it

rbetts
06-05-2012, 8:00 AM
Yes, Use the wonder tool to increase the surface area of your thumb on the slotted nut. It also helps to compress the 2 springs at once. Once it's started you are good to go. Don't waste money on an additional bullet button device. I'll post a video link to the BB Convertible installation shortly.

drkphibr
06-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, Use the wonder tool to increase the surface area of your thumb on the slotted nut. It also helps to compress the 2 springs at once. Once it's started you are good to go. Don't waste money on an additional bullet button device. I'll post a video link to the BB Convertible installation shortly.

Tried installing this last night. Kit comes with 2 springs but only references using the LARGER spring. So are both springs used (the large one between the latch and button and the smaller one under the nut)? There is no reference to using the smaller spring (as in the original bullet button) or is it included if you wanted to go with only a bullet button configuration and not the convertible?

SocomM4
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
What BB are you talking about?