PDA

View Full Version : How can I buy a C&R Rifle from SOG?

BJames
03-19-2012, 4:40 PM
I want to purchase a C&R Mosin Nagant M44 from SOG (Southern Ohio Gun). I don't have an 03 FFL license. How can I purchase one of the M44's from them legally?

Will most FFL Dealers handle this for me and charge a fee? Does anyone know any reasonably priced dealers who would place this type of order for me?

I assume that other 03 FFL license holders can't make this type of transaction?

emcon5
03-19-2012, 4:46 PM
Will most FFL Dealers handle this for me and charge a fee? Does anyone know any reasonably priced dealers who would place this type of order for me? They should, be be prepared to bend over.

I assume that other 03 FFL license holders can't make this type of transaction?That is correct. An 03 is for enhancing a personal collection, not ordering guns for someone else.

You can also send off your 03 FFL app, it will take more time, but be a lot cheaper.

BJames
03-19-2012, 4:54 PM
Thanks,

I tried Ammo Bros here in LA and they balked. I'll keep trying other dealers. If anyone knows a friendly place, let me know.

SoCal Bob
03-19-2012, 5:50 PM
Without an 03FFL you will be money ahead to keep watching the Calguns marketplace and buy one from a local Calgunner.

AlabamaBound
03-19-2012, 5:57 PM
Yep, I was just about to post the same thing Bob just did. If you go to the marketplace now, there is a guy in Beaumont with 2-.44s and an M38 for sale. A little higher that SOG but if you don't have an FFL03 it's the way to go. I ordered an M44 last week from SOG and it should be arriving shortly. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.

BJames
03-19-2012, 7:04 PM
AlabamaBound,

I'd like to see the pics. How much did you pay from SOG? I hear they're in good shape.

Anyone know how long it takes to file for and obtain an 03 FFL?

SoCal Bob
03-19-2012, 7:16 PM
03FFLs have been taking anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. Normal seems to be about 4 - 5 weeks.

NYsteveZ
03-19-2012, 7:38 PM
Thanks,

I tried Ammo Bros here in LA and they balked. I'll keep trying other dealers. If anyone knows a friendly place, let me know.

Hi james, let me help you out-If you are into C&R guns, apply for a C&R license. It will pay for itself on your first purchase. C&R costs $35 and can take weeks, up to a few months, but I got mine fairly quick. A C&R will let you purchase long guns like the Mosin from out of state and shipped to your door, HOWEVER, you cant do that at a Cali gun shop UNLESS you have a C&R and COE (certificate of eligibility). The COE ALSO exempts you from the stupid ONE handgun every 30 day rule. You CAN buy a C&R gun off of a private party and go home with it (cash and carry) so long as it isnt modified, in its original form. If you are REALLY willing to pay for one from SOG, plus shipping and DROS fees, just head over to Big 5 when they run the Mosins on sale for $99. At least you can pick the gun and see it before you buy it. I have also seen M44's pop up recently at the shops I go to, but the 44s run a few bucks more. My first stop if I were you? Marketplace forum on here

bcsoftware
03-19-2012, 11:15 PM
how much dose Southern Ohio Gun wont for a M44?

morrcarr67
03-20-2012, 6:48 AM
how much dose Southern Ohio Gun wont for a M44?

$180.00

hk91666
03-20-2012, 7:18 AM
[QUOTE=NYsteveZ;8249448]Hi james, let me help you out-If you are into C&R guns, apply for a C&R license. It will pay for itself on your first purchase. C&R costs $35 and can take weeks, up to a few months, but I got mine fairly quick. A C&R will let you purchase long guns like the Mosin from out of state and shipped to your door,

C&R by itself will only be good until Jan 2014 without the COE.

Did the C&R go up I paid $30 for mine?

C&R is great to have but will be de nutted in 2014. JMHO.

morrcarr67
03-20-2012, 5:18 PM
[QUOTE=NYsteveZ;8249448]Hi james, let me help you out-If you are into C&R guns, apply for a C&R license. It will pay for itself on your first purchase. C&R costs $35 and can take weeks, up to a few months, but I got mine fairly quick. A C&R will let you purchase long guns like the Mosin from out of state and shipped to your door,

C&R by itself will only be good until Jan 2014 without the COE.

Did the C&R go up I paid $30 for mine?

C&R is great to have but will be de nutted in 2014. JMHO.

Unless you do a lot of traveling or have two 03 C&R's

How ya been Frank? I haven't seen you online much lately.

hk91666
03-20-2012, 7:08 PM
[QUOTE=hk91666;8251506]

Unless you do a lot of traveling or have two 03 C&R's

How ya been Frank? I haven't seen you online much lately.

Are you showing off or what with your dual personality c&r? Lol

I am doing ok not much going on, still got the cz82 & just got a chinese 53 from sog.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk