PDA

View Full Version : HiperFire AR Trigger

dfletcher
03-19-2012, 2:15 PM
Has anyone installed and/or used this on their AR 15?

Just to clarify, it's not some sort of trigger crank or burst device but rather an AR trigger & hammer set up that uses two additional coil springs sitting in a saddle to power the hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWYLNtdn3UQ&feature=channel

I'm supposing the mainspring is a touch underpowered, use of the dual coil springs provides enough "oomph" to strike the primer without adding weight to the trigger pull.

The part has already been bought, I'm doing the install for someone else. Just wondering if there are any quirks to the installation and of course results.

Merc1138
03-19-2012, 2:20 PM
$275 for that? WTF? Why? There are any number of other proven aftermarket triggers you could have purchased, without all of the additional nonsense.

TNP'R
03-19-2012, 2:25 PM
$275 for that? WTF? Why? There are any number of other proven aftermarket triggers you could have purchased, without all of the additional nonsense.

The AR Gold trigger is like 295..

Merc1138
03-19-2012, 2:35 PM
The AR Gold trigger is like 295..

Yeah, and still doesn't have that extra mess of springs, frame, pins, etc. For $275 you can pretty much buy any Geissele, Jewell, Timney, CMC, Jard, etc. on the market. Even the AR gold doesn't look like something that was put together with a Lego technic kit.

TNP'R
03-19-2012, 2:37 PM
Yeah, and still doesn't have that extra mess of springs, frame, pins, etc. For $275 you can pretty much buy any Geissele, Jewell, Timney, CMC, Jard, etc. on the market. Even the AR gold doesn't look like something that was put together with a Lego technic kit.

lol

cabinetguy
03-19-2012, 3:03 PM
if you google search for the trigger, you get some spammy websites. go with a proven trigger

bohoki
03-19-2012, 3:06 PM
its a neat idea kind of borrowing the ideas from a compound bow and an assisted opening knife

but i see no reason for it yet

ExtremeX
03-19-2012, 3:16 PM
Give the guy a break... he wants to try something new on his own dime. Personally I wouldn't buy it, only because experiences of the masses are valuable to me. Not talking guns in general but there are a lot of great products out there with crap representation that never make it main stream because people wont take a chance. Some of the cooler things I own in my home theater hobby are brands and products most people have never even heard of.

OP, come back with a review after you have a chance to check it out.

dfletcher
03-19-2012, 3:26 PM
Give the guy a break... he wants to try something new on his own dime. Personally I wouldn't buy it, only because experiences of the masses are valuable to me. Not talking guns in general but there are a lot of great products out there with crap representation that never make it main stream because people wont take a chance. Some of the cooler things I own in my home theater hobby are brands and products most people have never even heard of.

OP, come back with a review after you have a chance to check it out.

I didn't buy the trigger and am suspect of its advantages, the $89.00 RRA 2 stage works fine for me. But a friend bought this and since I'm the one who puts things together thought I might get some practical advice on installation. Looks very simple, but I thought someone else may have used one and could advise if there are any surprises putting the thing in and whether the results were bad, mixed or good.

I mis-spelled the brand name with a "Y" and suppose that's the poor search cause.

ExtremeX
03-19-2012, 3:28 PM
Then lets hear some reviews on your friends dime =)

dfletcher
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Then lets hear some reviews on your friends dime =)

OK.

I just finished installing the thing, pretty much the same as installing any other AR trigger with the exception of those two "stirrup springs". Once installed the gun gives a very good 2 stage trigger pull with no creep- I'd say a bout 2 lbs. A little better than the RRA 2 stage. I don't think I'd spend the big $$$ on this trigger.