PDA

View Full Version : PSL trigger

Mr. Casull
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Based upon other posts I contacted Bill Springfield regarding the heavy pull on my PSL. He said he could get the pull weight down to between 5-6 pounds. Well I sent him the lower as he asked and when it was returned the pull was 9 pounds!! My guess is that was what it was when I sent it to him. He recommended that I purchase and install new springs which I did. Now the pull weight is down to 5#'s 15 oz. That is totally acceptable. I think I wasted my money with Bill. Note to self, if you want a better trigger buy one and don't rely on some magic stoning to do it.

AngelZ3R0
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Sometimes you gotta do it your self if you want things to get it done. at least he guided you in the direction

osis32
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
I read switching to a tapco g2 trigger helps and carolina shooters has a good silicone covered spring that makes it break like glass. I'm sorry you didn't get what you paid for but I'm sure he tried.

Ryan in SD
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
G2 with polished friction surfaces = win.

I'm not sure how light mine is but it is butter.

saki302
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Why not just go with one of the aftermarket units?

I did a Red Star arms unit (2 stage I think) for a friend, and it got the trigger down around 3lbs, with a scrisp second stage break and no overtravel.

There's a little grittiness on the take up (and I mean LITTLE), but we didn't feel like bothering with the polish since the 2nd stage break was so nice.

-Dave

Agustav
03-19-2012, 1:25 PM
I have G2 on my PSL, I don't think it changed the trigger weight dramatically.

It 's did make the trigger break more consistent and cleaner.

PS. I need to try new springs...

hemiguy55
03-19-2012, 1:36 PM
how easy/hard is it to do something like this? hour? hours?

Speedpower
03-19-2012, 1:43 PM
Based upon other posts I contacted Bill Springfield regarding the heavy pull on my PSL. He said he could get the pull weight down to between 5-6 pounds. Well I sent him the lower as he asked and when it was returned the pull was 9 pounds!! My guess is that was what it was when I sent it to him. He recommended that I purchase and install new springs which I did. Now the pull weight is down to 5#'s 15 oz. That is totally acceptable. I think I wasted my money with Bill. Note to self, if you want a better trigger buy one and don't rely on some magic stoning to do it.

But without Bill stoning the sear, it 's still won't achieve 5 pounds even if you replace just the springs only, he should have went ahead replace the springs and just add the cost to the job he did!

peterhodges
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
I second the RSA recommendation.

I had a G2 but IMHO the trigger on my stock Saiga felt better than the G2. I did not try polishing the G2 though.

atakacorp
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM

1hour, with the beer brake :)

atakacorp
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
+1 RSA, I have one , 3 lb ,very crisp,but you will need to tweak it a little if bumpfire,very easy.
G2 good too

negolien
03-20-2012, 3:30 PM

If you want a btter trigger try a Geissele SD lol :p

ke6guj
03-20-2012, 3:34 PM
If you want a btter trigger try a Geissele SD lol :p
I didn't know Geissele made triggers for a PSL:confused:

shamu415
03-20-2012, 4:32 PM
RSA is the way to go for a DMR like the PSL. But with the skills of Bill, it should have gone down at least to the 5-6lb pull. Maybe he has too much on his plate

atakacorp
03-20-2012, 5:00 PM

@ Hemi,
Hey,man You asked about PSL mags, this the only place that have them now,all others sold out,you better jump on it . I did, got 3 more to add to my 7:43:
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2720

PS My apologies to OP for little hijacking :)

hemiguy55
03-20-2012, 5:24 PM
@atakacorp
Ill hafta look into that! I thought I read somewhere that PSL mags need to be fitted.... Am I wrong?

And do all PSL's need a strong trigger pull?

atakacorp
03-20-2012, 5:47 PM
@atakacorp
Ill hafta look into that! I thought I read somewhere that PSL mags need to be fitted.... Am I wrong?

And do all PSL's need a strong trigger pull?

First thing you do, open that suka and clean the string and inside ,grease/oil , sometime they have spring upside down, take them shooting if round will stuck before going to chamber ,take the pliers and pull lip of the mag up a little, shoot, pull again if needed ,fixed all my bad mags
Triggers, it hit or miss, some lucky guys get a good 2 stage original trigger on their babes, I hade one ,all that hype, made me change my for RSA,I guess its ok ,had a problem with bump fire, fixed it with the turne of allen key, no complains now,around 3 lb:43:

Mr. Casull
03-21-2012, 4:39 PM
But without Bill stoning the sear, it 's still won't achieve 5 pounds even if you replace just the springs only, he should have went ahead replace the springs and just add the cost to the job he did!

I frankly don't know what Bill did. But I agree if the springs needed to be replaced he should have done it. Replacing them was an easy job and would have taken him probably 5 min. to do it. I would have been happy then. I bought my Lyman digital trigger scale after I got the PSL back from Bill and checked out the pull weight. Then after installing new springs that is when it really made the improvement. Also no over travel on the trigger.

dllma70
03-21-2012, 7:58 PM
I bought the RSA trigger and absolutely love it. Mike at OC Armory installed it for me, and the thing is soo perfectly crisp. Worth every penny.