PDA

View Full Version : What did you name your carbine/rifle(s) and why?

Huge Grant
03-18-2012, 2:04 PM
Let's have some fun today... I'll start.

I have a GSG-5 (.22 fungun) named Arya, and she was named after the girl warrior from Game of Thrones. Thought it fitting for some reason.

My M4/AR-15 is named Selena, and it's kind of an inside thing with a good buddy. We went to Cabo like 10 years ago and did an all-nighter at the bars, fake-slept for like 30 minutes, then did a morning deep-sea fishing excursion. When we got back to the room, exhausted and hallucinating, we turned on Mexican TV to find nothing in English except the movie Selena, with Jennifer Lopez in it.

When we woke later that night the only thing we remembered from the movie is the part when the Nanny (who ended up killing her, BTW) was brushing her hair in the mirror and saying, "Ohhh Seleeeeena, you're so preeeeetty...." We still laugh about it to this day for some reason.

I named the AR Selena because she's so preeeeeetty.

G60
03-18-2012, 2:08 PM
I don't do that type of stuff.

I did have a car named the green goblin at one time though. But only because it was half-primered and really noisy.

smittty
03-18-2012, 2:12 PM
No I don't name my guns, I'm not gay.

Baconator
03-18-2012, 2:13 PM
I would have to have a very expensive gun to think it earned a name, hell I don't even name my cars.

russ69
03-18-2012, 2:14 PM
I think I only named one rifle, an HK91 with heavy bi-pod and carrying handle. I called it "The Pig" because of it's weight.

Prc329
03-18-2012, 2:19 PM
My friend named my rifle Yoga Flame. Look at my Avatar to see why.

milotrain
03-18-2012, 2:21 PM
Odd. I name my cars, but not my guns. Don't know why.

TNP'R
03-18-2012, 2:27 PM
If I tried to name my guns i'd forget the names anyway so there's no point.

HK Dave
03-18-2012, 3:06 PM
I think the OP needs to get himself a girlfriend.

:hide:

tujungatoes
03-18-2012, 3:13 PM
I don't think I've ever named an inanimate object. Even our cat which has a name usually gets called "fur-ball" or "sh*t for brains" or whatever insult I can think of.

kotton
03-18-2012, 3:20 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9416/senorchang.gif

jbush
03-18-2012, 3:24 PM
I think the OP needs to get himself a girlfriend.

:hide:

Some sort of friend.

I say to my son, when we're out shooting, "grab the AR" or "grab the AK", so my guns must be named AR, AK ,SKS , 12gauge, etc., never thought of it as a name.

The War Wagon
03-18-2012, 3:43 PM
One is called, "BCM."

Another is called, "Home defense rifle."

Another is called, "TacSol."

Another is called, "STS."

Another is called "SPR."

But that's just my AR's. :oji:

drifter2be
03-18-2012, 3:46 PM
No I don't name my guns, I'm not gay.

This. OP needs to get a life or a girlfriend...or maybe grow up a little.

Huge Grant
03-18-2012, 3:49 PM
LOL, OP has been married for too long I suppose. Thanks for the love though.

HK Dave
03-18-2012, 4:03 PM
Welcome to calguns. <3

FeuerFrei
03-18-2012, 4:06 PM
Name it anything you like just not Charlene....
http://www.redscuttingedge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/pyle.jpg

milotrain
03-18-2012, 4:19 PM
I name my magazines. They are named 2 and 8.

dascoyne
03-18-2012, 4:56 PM
I should call my AR's, "Joan Rivers", because most of the parts are not original.

jben
03-18-2012, 5:03 PM
The manufacturers of my guns were all kind enough to give my guns names before I bought them. It is called a "model name." Some of my guns have the same name...:eek:

weber_2
03-18-2012, 5:15 PM
No but I named my balls and you if ask what their names are then your truely gay

fighterpilot562
03-18-2012, 5:21 PM
named my mosin unofficial the beast. but thats cause its my biggest gun lol

chrisf
03-18-2012, 5:23 PM
I name my guns and I have a wife and a life. Ar-Betsy mosin-big thumper handgun-smithy just to name a few.

stag6.8
03-18-2012, 5:25 PM
I named one trinity from the girl on the matrix...I named my second Omega...from the the movie the omega man with the late charlton heston R.I.P. hey why not give your rifle a name? especially if you put a lot of time and care (quality parts, optics, etc,) into building one?

milotrain
03-18-2012, 5:26 PM
No but I named my balls and you if ask what their names are then your truely gay

More gay than a radiers fan who names his balls? :43::eek:

go stillers.

icenix
03-18-2012, 5:37 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm................................... .

icenix
03-18-2012, 5:41 PM
Name it anything you like just not Charlene....
http://www.redscuttingedge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/pyle.jpg

That's funny. I watched that movie for the first time last night, well, most of it anyway. I thought it was really really bad, but it gets great reviews. I don't get it. I finally had to turn it off because I thought it was so bad.

mod1217
03-18-2012, 5:56 PM
I do name my guns but only if its the first one in that category.

First Polymer pistol Glocky.
First AR Spicky
First Shotgun Mozzy
First Precision Rifle B.A. Baracus
First Ak Wassy

I guess by the name you would know what kind of firearms they are

RuggedJay
03-18-2012, 6:00 PM
Precious and Snuggles.

Arkangel
03-18-2012, 6:01 PM
So much love from the fellow Calgunners... I also have a life and a wife to be, I named my AR and all my firearms. My AR is named Kali.

InkHammer
03-18-2012, 6:11 PM
Dale is my m1 carbine named for my grandfather. LB is my AR named for my wife's father. Barbie is my glock23 named for my mother(fitting too) and the 870 is named Doris for my wife's grandma who raised her. All deceased and memorialized in good ol fashioned steel (and plastic).

AK all day
03-18-2012, 6:17 PM
Named my AR "Kat" unofficially because I have killed a bobcat with it. Also named my mosin unofficially "lightning rod".... You know why haha besides that I don't name them until something significant happened with them that triggers my memory and it tends to stick with that fun forever in my mind. Naming you guns people names is kinda weird in my opinion, but hey, I almost love guns as much as people so go for it. :)

Mossy Man
03-18-2012, 6:33 PM
My Mini-14 is called "the mini"
My p89 is called "the p89"
My 10/22 is called simply "the 22"
My SR40C is called "40c"
My GP100 is called "the 100"
My Grizzly LAR is called "the Grizzly"

mostly because they already had names when i bought them

Crunch130
03-18-2012, 7:18 PM
Wow. Tough crowd. At the risk of having my manhood attacked, I will stand with the OP and REPOST something I wrote on another forum nine years ago about my Israeli Mauser. (My other rifles do not have names.)

I am Joshua, son of Brunn. I was born a DOT 1945 K98k. I was a few months too young to be turned against American or British soldiers. Rather, my destiny was to serve in a great, prophetic struggle. As Joshua, son of Nun, born a foreigner, led the children of Israel into the Promised Land over three millennia ago, so I, also a foreigner, fought for my people in their return to it. Odd, for a warrior’s name to mean “The Lord Saves.”

I fought off the hoards of Islam, who still seek to destroy my people, in 1948 and 1956 as a main battle rifle. I found favor in the eyes of my armorers, so they rebarreled me in 7.62. Ironically, I was rebuilt with many parts bearing stamps of the Evil Nazi Empire, who tried to destroy my people. I wear them triumphantly, as war trophies. A reservist carried me in 1967. Many of my brethren were modified to sniper configuration and continued to serve through the 1973 war and until quite recently.

I retired to a small town in California’s mountains. I belong to an NRA instructor, the son of an American soldier who helped defeat the Evil Nazi Empire and helped liberate a place of my people's tears, one of Satan’s gaping wounds on the face of the Earth, Dachau. To this day I inspire and train patriots of freedom, many as young as ten years of age, in their first opportunities to caress and fire a center-fire rifle.

I am a paradoxical reminder to people to obey the Lord’s command “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.” Shalom,

Joshua, son of Brunn

Fherot
03-18-2012, 7:30 PM
I only jokingly named my Vaquero.

Guadalupe.

Rekrab
03-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Can we, as CalGunners, be better than the media thinks we are and drop the "gay" nonsense? It's offensive, classless, and we are a better community than that. There are gay shooters in the world and we should be making them feel welcome in our community and not use their lifestyle as a slur.

On topic: I have only named one rifle. I have a Yugo RPK named Urosh for the name that was carved into its stock.

TNP'R
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Can we, as CalGunners, be better than the media thinks we are and drop the "gay" nonsense? It's offensive, classless, and we are a better community than that. There are gay shooters in the world and we should be making them feel welcome in our community and not use their lifestyle as a slur.

On topic: I have only named one rifle. I have a Yugo RPK named Urosh for the name that was carved into its stock.

You gay?

Doug Johns
03-18-2012, 11:32 PM
A nice P38 Grand dad called Hans after the German he shot with it after he took it away from him

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

atakacorp
03-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I have a rime for you "You can call me gay as long as I have my AK and solders like this in the hay" :)
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/atakacorp/sexy-soldier-p2.jpg
My first rifle Galil ,I had her for almost 3 years, slept, ate depend on her and her name was Yaffa, Ops I forgot in basic I had M16A1 ,called her Disaster or Matate (broom stick in Hebrew). Today I have AK SUKA(B#$ch in Russian),Drako SUCHKA(little B#$ch in Russian) my daughter calls her Tikka varmint Peaches and my PSL Big Berta .

J.S.Riesch
03-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Marston

m24armorer
03-19-2012, 2:08 AM
M40A1 My Stick.
M4 Enhanced, other stick.

zfields
03-19-2012, 2:13 AM

Thats pretty cool, I'd love to pick up a nice set of battle field pick up / surplus that had some character to it.

m24armorer
03-19-2012, 2:25 AM
And some of you can dump the gay bashing and I would hate to think you will start on Jews.
FYI, the first 20 or so into FMJ brings back memories.

And no, I'm not a puffer....