PDA

View Full Version : 2007 100th Anniversay License

Hunter
04-13-2007, 3:53 PM
Just got my new license in the mail today. I hadn't realized we're celebrating the 100th Anniversary of California hunting license.

Artist is Kevin Pack from Ramona, Ca

Turns out California's hunting license is the oldest in the country as we were the first state to require them ---100 yrs ago.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/mike961/2007Huntinglicense.jpg

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/FG1392a_07.pdf

grammaton76
04-13-2007, 3:57 PM
Heh, at first I mis-processed that thinking the license was good for 100 years. "Shoot, maybe I oughtta get one, I might actually use it once!"

Hunter
04-13-2007, 3:58 PM
Heh, at first I mis-processed that thinking the license was good for 100 years. "Shoot, maybe I oughtta get one, I might actually use it once!"

Actually mine is good for 100yrs, if I live that long.....it is a lifetime license!:D

chris
04-13-2007, 5:41 PM
hey that's a great lookin license. too bad it won't look like that after the season is over. but i like the look of it.

Rumpled
04-14-2007, 2:06 AM
Wow, I didn't even know they were out. I usually wait until May or so.
I'm still contemplating going lifetime, and at what level.

Hunter
04-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Wow, I didn't even know they were out. I usually wait until May or so.
I'm still contemplating going lifetime, and at what level.

Actually they are probably not in the stores yet. May is indeed when they typically hit the counters. Since I have a Lifetime license, it gets mailed to me the end of march/first of april each year with all my tags/stamps.

On purchasing a lifetime, each year they increase in costs. Prior to Jan 1 2004, they were fixed in price, but since that time they can increase each and every year now. So every year you wait, it will just cost you more.

I had purchased sportsman's license packages for my kids at the time (Dec 03) for $450 for fishing and $810 for hunting. These prices included the extra fishing stamps, bird hunting stamps and deer/5 pig tags for life..the whole enchilada. Today these same packages are costing $2400!

But on the otherhand, to buy all of the fishing/hunting license+stamps+tags that I get free now, would cost me $241.35 each year (without any increases). So basically your lifetime license will typically payout in under 6-7 yrs since the fees are increasing each year.