View Full Version : Palm Springs GunClub range.

03-18-2012, 7:17 AM
I was wandering how the place is and if the group of people who attend make it worth the annual fee.

Anyone here a member with feedback?

03-18-2012, 9:46 AM
Ive been invited there as a guest a number of times and am working on completing my membership app now. The people who shoot there are generally pretty good, there are always some a**holes but thankfully not many. Multiple pistol bays, 2 rimfire bays and 1 rifle range. It is a private club so its locked at all times, you must have a key to get in the gate. however the members are very nice, first time I was invited the guy I was with received the wrong key and it wouldnt work, a member already shooting, stopped, unloaded his weapon and then came over and unlocked the gate for us. Both he(member I was with) and I were surprised since he didnt have to do that. I mainly used the rifle range since it is a good length, approx 200yds. I frequently let others try a few shots out of my guns if I bring out something nice and its always received with much thanks and on occassion, a box or two of ammo. The main question you have to ask is what membership you want to get. Unless you plan on going there 10+years, then single year is the cheaper route. Also if your planning on getting the family one read it carefully, it only applies to your immediate spouse and any children you have living under your roof under the age of 18.

03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I was invited to go by a random guy I bumped into at Big-5 but I opted out at the time as I had no money to spend on a 1-year membership.

I have a spot or two that I frequent where quite a few other people go to shoot but I've been mulling over the idea of joining an actual club and shooting with the same crowd of people who have similar interests.

But at the same time I'm pretty content where I go, I guess...

Thanks for the input, let me know how it goes once you become a member.

03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Will do, You can also Join the Desert Shooters Group if you would like, free to join and they use the PSGC for range days, you can find them here http://www.meetup.com/DesertShootersGroup/ great group of guys and gals.