PDA

View Full Version : 43434343433443 0 PLEASE DELETE

dued
03-17-2012, 4:50 PM

tomd1584
03-17-2012, 5:29 PM
QD swivel on the stock itself...but be aware, it doesn't have a Anti-rotation feature , so your sling can twist up. I find this to not be a big deal, but some do...

dued
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Thank you sir for the info - good to see that you're supporting the WWP

Dhena81
03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
The Gen 2 LMT Sopmod's have limited rotation QD swivels I'm not sure about the B5 I wrap my sling through the buttstock and use a QD on the forearm.

missiontrails
03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
TI7 stock.... better design IMO

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/dehlers1/rifle5.jpg

tomd1584
03-18-2012, 1:47 PM
TI7 stock.... better design IMO

And how does that solve the OP's question about mounting a sling to the SOPMOD he just bought?

RRichie09
03-18-2012, 1:52 PM
I just sourced a B5 SOPMOD stock & I have a standard castle nut & end plate. What is the best way to mount a sling to this thing? Should I use a sling plate instead of using the stock as an attachment point?

Are you using a single point or two point sling?

Single point - I would get a magpul ASAP and cut off the ring and directly attach the sling to the metal loop with a clip.

Two point - Just attach it directly to the SOPMOD with a QD and then... I don't know what you are running up front. I have a Larue hand guard and it has a built in QD mount so I just use that. You'll have to play with it and see what you like.

I run this two point sling, BFG Vickers 2-Point Padded Sling. (http://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-padded-sling/) I like it, super comfortable and the hardware makes it fast and easy to switch to your off hand.

Disclaimer: I'm just a mall ninja, not an operator hahaha. Also, if this is just for the range you don't NEED a sling.

G60
03-18-2012, 2:07 PM
If this is just for the range you don't NEED a sling.

Perhaps only if you're shooting from a bench, but the benefits of a sling are such that if you have any interest at all in having even a rudimentary understanding of rifle marksmanship, a sling is a necessity. A good sling is so much more than just a carry strap.

As for the rear attachment point, mounted to the endplate or stock is a matter of personal preference.

I use a Blue Force Gear VCAS mounted on a QD swivel on the outside of my emod, with the front point on a DD rail swivel point as far forward on the rail as it goes.

RRichie09
03-20-2012, 3:04 PM
Perhaps only if you're shooting from a bench, but the benefits of a sling are such that if you have any interest at all in having even a rudimentary understanding of rifle marksmanship, a sling is a necessity. A good sling is so much more than just a carry strap.

As for the rear attachment point, mounted to the endplate or stock is a matter of personal preference.

I use a Blue Force Gear VCAS mounted on a QD swivel on the outside of my emod, with the front point on a DD rail swivel point as far forward on the rail as it goes.

Absolutely correct, but I left that out because he is obviously a new shooter and a sling is the last thing he needs right now. That is why I capitalized the word "need" in my original post. The money could be used to buy more ammo so he can work on other fundamentals.

Shooting medium distances while in a standing position is one of my favorite things to do. The bench is too boring for me.