PDA

View Full Version : hi cap mag question

silverbullets
04-13-2007, 9:04 AM
Back in '99 I had baught myself an M1A, actually put it on lay away at the local gun store. I then went to a show and picked myself up a couple of 20 rnd mags for it. Shortly thereafter finances caught up with me and I backed out of the purchase of the gun. My question is can I buy myself one today or a Socom II and legally use those magazines in it since they were purchased before the ban?
Any help would be appreciated.

Surveyor
04-13-2007, 9:07 AM
Yes.

JOEKILLA
04-13-2007, 9:11 AM
Yes it is very legal

silverbullets
04-13-2007, 9:12 AM
thanks for the quick replies I appreciate it.

Surveyor
04-13-2007, 9:17 AM
Never,ever,ever,ever get rid of those mags :cool: .

JOEKILLA
04-13-2007, 9:19 AM
Never,ever,ever,ever get rid of those mags :cool: .

Yes, never. If they are beat up, stepped on, dented....you can always purchase replacement parts to your damaged ones.

:D

silverbullets
04-13-2007, 9:47 AM
So let me ask you this, if I do decide to get the Socom II, how is anyone going to know that I have had the mags since 99?

bwiese
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
So let me ask you this, if I do decide to get the Socom II, how is anyone going to know that I have had the mags since 99?

You don't have to "prove" anything.

Instead, "they" would have to prove otherwise, which they can't - as mags aren't serialized/ tracked, some mags have new parts, etc.

The only real telltale giveaways would be direct observation or documentation (credit card receipt, or seeing you carry them out at the Reno gun show and then reenter California, etc.). Another giveaway would be if these were mags exclusively for a gun that wasn't in production until 2000 or afterwards.

Anyway, go enjoy 'em like hundreds of thousands of other folks with hicaps.

(Some of us bought hicap mags back in '99 for guns we didn't even yet own!)

silverbullets
04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks Bill, you can ignore the im I sent you over on ARFCOM
Bill