PDA

View Full Version : Ferret 50 safety and review. Video.

Spyder
03-17-2012, 3:00 PM
Excellent review on the Ferret50 upper by Orkan over on Primal Rights.

Check it out. A safe 50 option for those of us in CA who want to shoot the big stuff.

http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4755

EBR Works
03-17-2012, 4:52 PM
tfWYzy0kZQY&feature

Nice to see this. We put several thousand rounds through ours with our rental business and it has always run flawlessly!

5rNA8ni6inU&feature

TKM
03-17-2012, 5:53 PM
The safety of the Ferret 50 has never been an issue.

Next, Spork safety and review.

C.G.
03-17-2012, 9:53 PM
I have Ferret 50 little sister in .338 LM. Not only is it a great rifle, but Dave is one of the best people in the firearms industry I've ever dealt with.

bohoki
03-17-2012, 9:54 PM
yep the only problem i had was when i let someone borrow mine and my back was turned whe slammed the bolt back a few times trying to eject the empty and snapped one of the screws that holds the back plate on

mine does not eject i have to remove it manually

CSACANNONEER
03-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Ferret50s, Spider Firearms and the owner, Dave are all great. However, Orkan is the biggest troll and idiot I've ever seen on any internet forum. So, without wasting my time watching the video, I'll go out on a limb and guess that this is a completely independent review and Spider Firearms did not authorize it in any way. Last I knew, Orkan (Greg), was in his mid 39's and really liing in his mother's basement. Ever since he hit the 50 scene, a few years ago, he has tried to pass himself off as some sort of authority. Trust me, he isn't. I even remember a few months after he started posting on the FCSA forums when he admitted that he hadn't actually fired a 50 before. Yet, he had been trying to pass himself of as a leading expert on 50s and BOHICAs. Hell, even Bohica banned him from the Bohica forum when he was the admin there.

Spyder
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Eh, talk to Dave about it. It definitely was authorized. He sent his personal rifle to Greg for him to test. (not his daughters pink one though!)
Orkan knows his stuff when it comes to shooting and he's helped a whole lot of people get their gear, knowledge and experience up to par, or above it. I met the guy at SHOT this year and although he's got some strong opinions and is vocal about them, he sure seemed to be an honest and straight shooter.
On the Bohica forum, he's the guy that designed the forum, moderated it, and owned it, not Chris. Him and Rosequist had their split and he turned it over to Chris and as far as I know, never looked back.

brando
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
However, Orkan is the biggest troll and idiot I've ever seen on any internet forum.

That bad, eh?

Orkan
03-24-2012, 8:07 AM
When I was in school, and a bully called me out to the playground, I always went... so here I am.

Out of everything that CSACANNONEER said, the only thing that is true would be his low opinion of me. (which he's entitled to) Everything else he said, and I mean everything, is false. As is per the norm in internet smear jobs I imagine.

My knowledge and experience stand on their own. Anyone that takes the slightest bit of time can easily find examples of it published in various articles. (and not just on my own site)

I find it truly sad that someone will take the time to fabricate a bunch of lies due to a grudge they held against me on snipershide about 3 years ago.

For others, I hope the video was informative and answered any question that remained in regard to the Ferret 50's ability to never fire out of battery. While it may never have been a question for some of you, many others have voiced concern about all 50BMG conversions and their ability to do just that. It was out of that concern that Dave @ Spider Firearms wanted to demonstrate that his design is different, and completely safe. He is 100% accurate in my opinion.

I suspect if you already know the Ferret 50's pedigree, then you won't waste your time watching the video. If you do have questions, then I encourage you to give it a viewing.

I would have liked to have joined this forum under better circumstances. Be that as it may, I hope to contribute a bit as time progresses.

Good day! :)

cabinetguy
03-24-2012, 8:23 AM
:popcorn:

CSACANNONEER
03-24-2012, 8:55 AM
Orkan,

Welcome. Maybe things have changed. I do remember you and your strong opinions on the FCSA forum. There are still threads about your trolling and what action we should take buried on the FCSA Moderator's forum. I also remember a post of yours when you actually admitted that you hadn't even shot a 50BMG yet. That was months after you were giving advise to people. I've never spent time on the hide, did you get banned from that forum too? I remember your posts on the Bohica forum and the fact that you seem to like 4 letter words an aweful lot when there was no real reason to use them. Anyway, it's good to know that you have finally shot a 50 and are helping others start out. Maybe you've grown, won't get banned from here and we can get along? Judging from the past, I'm not sure if you'll last long enough here but, I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a try. How about you?

Orkan
03-24-2012, 5:58 PM
Cannoneer, you obviously drew a lot of conclusions from what limited interaction we had years ago. A lot of bridges were burned in my support of Bohica. At the time, the man had my trust and faith. He had a lot of people's trust and faith. Ever back the wrong horse at any point in your life?

When I'm in a mans corner, I'm in it. Now I've never heard loyalty referred to as a bad trait, and that is what it was all about, and still is about for me. You formed incorrect opinions of me then, and it is VERY obvious that you still do.

You want to know who I am, check my website. I don't know the rules here so I'll refrain from posting it until I do, but needless to say it isn't hard to find. I'd appreciate you deleting the BS in your first post above. NOTHING you said was accurate, save your opinion of me, which I'm in no position to vet. If you care in the slightest about your reputation, get rid of the personal attacks which are clearly against rule 7 on these forums. The rest of what you said has not one thing that is accurate. So get rid of that too if you value your word in the slightest. First time I shot a 50, I was about 14 years old, so clearly you are operating on crossed wires in regard to that as well.

You've never met me, nor have you ever shot with me, yet proclaim to know my skill level and my pedigree. How wise do you think that is? I'll simply say that you don't shoot as much as I shoot, for as long as I've shot, and not pick up a thing or two.

I still cuss... but I don't mind. Those that do, don't need to spend time in my company.

You want to get along? Delete the libelous crap from your earlier posting... and it will be a start. Step two would be for you to read some of my articles. You might find you don't know me near as well as you think you do. Dave @ Spider Firearms found himself in that same position. My relationship with Dave started off with him thinking he knew all about me from the FCSA forums as well. I believe his exact words were, "you surprise me a bit Greg." He was mistaken, and so are you. Nobody appreciates libelous statements being made about them anywhere.

Spyder assures me you are usually one of the more level headed ones on this forum. I'd like to see a bit of that.

evollep3
03-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Wow

CSACANNONEER
03-28-2012, 2:10 PM
Orkan,

Since you admit that after reading the same posts as I did, Dave Moore formed a similar opinion of you that I've formed, I guess my evaluation of how you choose to portray youself is not off base. However, I'm open to reading what the new you has to say and then re evaluating my position. I norrmally don't delete posts. Instead, I publicly admit my mistake and leave the original post up for people to see how stupid I was. I'm not going to take the time to cyber stalk you but, if you provide me with some links, I'll be happy to look at them.

Orkan
03-28-2012, 2:50 PM
I publicly admit my mistake and leave the original post up for people to see how stupid I was. Fair enough. I'll take it piece by piece... and we'll see if you can act on that statement.

Ferret50s, Spider Firearms and the owner, Dave are all great. I agree.

However, Orkan is the biggest troll and idiot I've ever seen on any internet forum. Opinion. Happens to be in violation of this forums rules.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that this is a completely independent review and Spider Firearms did not authorize it in any way. Wrong. I've talked with Dave at length on my forum, phone, and email, and he loved the review. He sent a rifle, on his dime to and from, specifically for destructive testing.

Last I knew, Orkan (Greg), was in his mid 39's and really liing in his mother's basement. Part right, and Wrong again. I'm 32, yet I haven't lived with either of my folks since I was 17.

Ever since he hit the 50 scene, a few years ago, he has tried to pass himself off as some sort of authority. Trust me, he isn't. Opinion, based on nothing but your reading forum posts. You've never met me, you've never spoken with me, and you've never shot with me. Yet you know my capabilities well enough to make that statement?

I even remember a few months after he started posting on the FCSA forums when he admitted that he hadn't actually fired a 50 before. WRONG. Not sure where you got that. The bohica was the first 50 I "owned" personally yet I had shot my first 50 around the time I was 14 and shot many over the years.

Yet, he had been trying to pass himself of as a leading expert on 50s and BOHICAs. WRONG. I never claimed to be an expert on 50's. Yet I did claim to be an expert on Bohica's. That's because I was then, and probably am now. I went to the manufacturer's shop 3 separate times for up to 5 days at a time. I stayed in the owners house while I was there the last two of those times. I had everything about those rifles explained to me in intimate detail by the designer/owner for the purpose of reviewing the product. I was involved in beta testing. I got the first mk-II ever made and one of the first mk-III's. In total, 4 of those uppers were in my hands for testing. I put more rounds through my various uppers in various configurations than anyone else at the time. I knew as about those uppers in their various configurations as anyone could, aside from the guy that built them. If that doesn't qualify me as being an expert on them... I don't know what the hell does.

Hell, even Bohica banned him from the Bohica forum when he was the admin there. Wrong again. I owned the bohicaarms.com domain. I administered and ran the forum there, as well as the website. Chris Rosequist couldn't have banned me if he wanted to. He was NEVER an admin, and even if he was, would not have known how to run the moderator admin panel. When he wanted a post removed or edited... he called ME. When chris screwed my customers and I out of a few thousand dollars, I transferred the domain back to him in return for PAYING what he owed me in net. Should have made him pay me gross on all the sales I had made.

So, your opinion you are entitled to, but the facts don't support anything else you've said. The people whom were closely involved with bohica at the time know everything I am saying is true.

Want to smear me based on accurate facts? Go ahead. I won't fuss. Just understand that you have no idea who I am. You only think you do. I've no idea who you are, but I know that I could read every forum post you've ever made, and still not know you.

My most recent work:
http://www.primalrights.com/forum/article.php?a=4789

Fact is, I make my own hours. This affords me the ability to put more rounds downrange in a week than most shooters do in a year. It's up to you, but you owe it to yourself to re-think your position on this whole thing. I'll wait to see if you can own up to your mistakes as you claimed. If you can, I'll pretend none of this happened and give you a clean slate.

evollep3
03-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Orkan your review was good but to be honest your approach on this is less then likable just as you been on any other forum which is why you have a bad rep. Now with that said let's get back to topic and I have a question for you. The thumb screw that adjusts the monopod is made out of steel or plastic lol couldn't tell in the video? And do you find that if pressure is applied or moved around the setting on the pod moves?

Orkan
03-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey, when someone tells lies about me, I'm going to respond. Simple as that. If defending my reputation gives me a bad reputation, so be it. If being "likeable" was my primary concern, it could easily be accomplished. Yet that is not who I am. The truth is more important to me than whether someone agrees with me or likes me.

As for construction of that knob, I'm not certain. It felt strong. Definitely no movement when pressure was applied. You had to turn the knob to get movement.