PDA

View Full Version : Turner's West Covina

toxxic1
03-16-2012, 8:16 PM
I went to pick up my gun today at WC Turners. Customer service at the gun counter is horrible. The girl working on the gun counter is rude. I was going to talk to the manager but then realized the manager (David) was also rude to another customer. You’re in retail business, it doesn’t matter if you’re selling gun or a pair of shoes, learn some customer service skill…

I would seriously consider buying another gun from turner. The price in saving is not worth the customer service issue you have to deal with…

Fix it!

manuelcardenas77
03-16-2012, 8:39 PM
Man that sucks, the store in corona has stepped it up in the last year! The chino store has always been great service also!

Jeepergeo
03-17-2012, 4:28 AM
Trek on out to the Turners store in San Bernardino. The counter guys there are great, and once they call your number, you get their undivided attention while you look and while they write up your purchase. The wait can be long, so grab a number as soon as you arrive at the counter. I find the fishing section a good place to cool my heels while waiting my turn.

bonzaiii
03-17-2012, 6:12 AM
I'm really surprised to hear that. I live in Simi Valley and drive past 2 other Turners just to deal with the West Covina store because of the great service and friendly people there. I have been there many times and every time I leave I am shocked at how friendly and helpful they are.

paintballdad
03-17-2012, 8:18 AM
^+1

I've been a Turner's West Covina customer since before they moved to the new location and have bought a number of firearms from them. They have always been one of the more friendly Turner's location i've been to.

navycorpsman
03-17-2012, 9:23 AM
Turners torrance has great customer service. Ask for wayne

edosan
05-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I am at the West Covina Turners at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have been a customer there for 12 years, never have I had a bad experience. Sure they get busy but always have been treated very well

drifter001
05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Ive had a great experience at Reseda turners...yet again ive always gone right when they open so the counter is empty and the guys havent dealt with hundreds of people yet

mchang
05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
only thing i would suggest is a number system. but the customer service is great!

oppe4021
05-15-2012, 4:07 PM
Turners torrance has great customer service.

I second that for Torrance!
I bought a rifle there last Sunday and Peggy was great.

Turner's Signal Hill is hit or miss.
Not so great service buying my handgun but when I picked it up Lee was awesome.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 1:48 PM
I went to pick up my gun today at WC Turners. Customer service at the gun counter is horrible. The girl working on the gun counter is rude. I was going to talk to the manager but then realized the manager (David) was also rude to another customer. You’re in retail business, it doesn’t matter if you’re selling gun or a pair of shoes, learn some customer service skill…

I would seriously consider buying another gun from turner. The price in saving is not worth the customer service issue you have to deal with…

Fix it!

PM Sent.

choufun
06-10-2012, 12:10 AM
I been going to Riflegear, but the drive is just crazy far, so I decided to check out Turners in West Covina since it was much closer. Went on a Monday with a friend, and got helped out by a sales rep named Chuck. Super nice guy and answered all our questions regarding a few pistols as my friend was considering a 1911. Had a good first impression of this store.

Friday I see the ad for the Remington 870 express tactical on sale, I immediately go after work ready to purchase. I get help from a different sales rep, I didn't get his name and this time it was a negative experience. I was standing there waiting my turn and he walks by and asked "Have you been helped?" I say no because I've been waiting my turn and it was my turn. After I respond "no I haven't" he blurts out "so yes or no, do you need help or I'm going to keep walking." Wow. So I repeat and he stops to help. He shows me the Remington, and I ask him a few questions as this is my very first shotgun purchase and I wanted a second opinion. He was very hesitant to even talk, I really didn't get much info from him. The way he was acting made me feel dumb for even asking. So fine, whatever, I've been doing my homework online so I tell him I would like to purchase it. I have a change of address, however I did have a DMV report showing the change of address proof. I've used this to purchase my AR lower and it was fine. He denies it and quickly starts saying other gun shops are shady and Turners is a big store and they do things differently. Instead of arguing, I just took my ID and dmv report and left. Today I went by a gun store across the street from Turners called Alamo, got great service and help. Paid for the shotgun, pick it up on the 19th and was happy.

Although I got a good first impression, my second trip wasn't so great. Not sure if I'll give my business to Turners.

TheHammerOfTruth
06-10-2012, 10:50 PM
The change of address conformation that prints out of "your" home computer is not good, however the report from the DMV that shows your old address and your new address (with DMV logo) is perfectly good. Which one did you have?
Either way, no excuse for bad service.

choufun
06-11-2012, 1:32 PM
The change of address conformation that prints out of "your" home computer is not good, however the report from the DMV that shows your old address and your new address (with DMV logo) is perfectly good. Which one did you have?
Either way, no excuse for bad service.

DMV report with logo. I just wish service was consistent.

Riflelover
06-11-2012, 1:36 PM
Trek on out to the Turners store in San Bernardino. The counter guys there are great, and once they call your number, you get their undivided attention while you look and while they write up your purchase. The wait can be long, so grab a number as soon as you arrive at the counter. I find the fishing section a good place to cool my heels while waiting my turn.

I had a terrible experience at the San Bernardino store and I will never go back there. It was both times I was there to dros and pick up my gun.

40SWGlock
06-11-2012, 2:04 PM
Guess I been lucky. I go almost once a week to the WC store and have always been treated good.
I drive to this one even thou the Norwalk store a lil closer to me.

darksands
06-12-2012, 9:29 AM
I go to the West Covina store often and for the most part their service is great. It really depends on who you get to help you. I was standing there one time waiting for service and a customer asks if the Military 00 buck on sale were slugs and one of the guys (he was still in training) said yea, it's military grade. I just facepalmed...

Jeff is a good guy to deal with. Always seems to have a positive attitude and is knowledgeable.

I did try to order a Remmy 700 5R there and when they looked at the Remington website they said, "we can't get it if it's not on their website." The next week it was in their weekly ad but I already purchased it elsewhere.

Spartan_R3PR
06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I go to many different turners depending on where I'm at when I decide to buy or just shop. One thing I've noticed is that you will once in awhile get someone who is poor at customer service, don't blame the establishment blame the rep. Most of the time those with poor service skills don't last long and have rarely seen them on following visits. Just make note of who it was mention it to the manager so they can improve their standards, I've always been happy with my experience at turners even though certain employees can tarnish their name a bit.

BP22
06-13-2012, 8:48 AM
Jeff is a good guy to deal with. Always seems to have a positive attitude and is knowledgeable.

Agree. I have bought two guns from him.

CEDaytonaRydr
06-27-2012, 2:12 PM

Seems to be an epidemic at Various Turner's locations these days. I live very close to the Signal Hill location but suffice it to say, I won't be going back anymore. In addition to the customer service problems you've mentioned, their reloading section is a completed joke. Honestly, why even bother carrying any reloading equipment if you don't plan on putting anything worthwhile? Then there was the time I asked them to order some Nosler Partitions for me so that I could load up some good rounds for deer season and they didn't do it, even after I offered to pay. From now on, I'll be going to Field Time, Ammo Bros or Riflegear. Better selection, better service and more knowledgeable staff... ;)