PDA

View Full Version : Remove Bullet Button from Hi-Point Carbine

eclipse
03-16-2012, 4:53 PM
I just recently made my move to Texas and am trying to figure out how to remove the bullet button from my Hi-Point 9mm Carbine.

I do not have any replacement parts yet, just wanted to figure out how to take it out first. I have the rifle disassembled, but the metal round piece shown in the picture seems to be fixed in place. Is this removable? Are there any mods that would allow me to not have to use a tool to remove the magazine?

I tried doing some searches but did not come up with any information, thanks for the help!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/joelkuch/photo.jpg

510GUY
03-16-2012, 5:08 PM
It looks like it may be pressed in

Scratch705
03-16-2012, 5:11 PM
just drill it out.

chead
03-16-2012, 5:12 PM
Punch + brass hammer. Be gentile :)

eclipse
03-16-2012, 5:12 PM
I was thinking about drilling it out, but wanted to make sure there wasn't a better solution first.

aghauler
03-16-2012, 5:57 PM
tag

eclipse
03-16-2012, 6:32 PM
I think I am going to wait to drill it out until I have a replacement magazine release (trying to tap it out did not seem to work). That metal ring tapers toward the top to prevent the current magazine release from falling out. If I drill it out now, the gun will be useless until I can get a replacement or make something.

chrisf
03-16-2012, 6:54 PM
Congrats on moving to texas. Im soon to follow.

eclipse
03-16-2012, 7:31 PM
Congrats on moving to texas. Im soon to follow.

Thanks! I love it so far!

So I got really impatient and decided to start drilling it out. Turns out that the metal piece is threaded and unscrewed when I started drilling it.

Mr. Casull
03-17-2012, 3:32 PM
I have the 45 cal Hi-Point carbine and what I don't like is you have to push in the bullet button to insert the magazine. How dumb is that!!

winxp_man
03-17-2012, 3:42 PM
The HiPoint Bullet button I installed on a friends 40 cal version does not require that. May the 45's are a tad different. And yes the way you install the BB for these HiPoint is by threading them in. They are ok but a pain in the *** because they require you take apart the whole firearm.

eclipse
03-17-2012, 6:54 PM
I don't have to push the bullet button to insert a magazine either. That is kinda strange.

Fjold
03-17-2012, 7:21 PM
Move to a free state and own a Hi-Point? That's kind of like driving the Daytona Speedway in the family minivan.

eclipse
03-19-2012, 8:37 AM
I have to say, I am very happy with the customer service from Hi-Point. Called them up and about 2 minutes later they are sending me a new magazine release. No holding for customer service or anything.

Move to a free state and own a Hi-Point? That's kind of like driving the Daytona Speedway in the family minivan.

Already owned the Hi-Point before moving. Besides, nothing wrong with having an extra gun to shoot, even if it is a Hi-Point. Guess you haven't shot one of their carbines, extremely inexpensive gun, inexpensive ammo (9mm), and lots of fun to shoot.

eclipse
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
For anyone that is interested still - I received the magazine release today from Hi-Point and installed it in about 5 mins. Extremely happy with the Hi-Point customer service.

knerona
04-16-2012, 3:32 PM
Just break the gun and send have Hi Point replace it =)

chead
04-16-2012, 3:35 PM

Anything with a bullet button is already "broken" much like the gun law in this state :(

woods
04-16-2012, 3:41 PM

Well that's stupid and dishonest. Hi point has great customer service that is helpful even when they don't have to be so why would you be destructive and expect them to cover you're cost.

This attitude is the poisonous entitlement type and it well cost you and others dearly. A mans honor is worth more than his gold.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2