PDA

View Full Version : AK railed handguard question

weber_2
03-16-2012, 8:44 AM
Anybody have experience with this handguard from DPH. The price is cheap which means the product is probably cheap too.

http://dpharms.com/products/ak-47_furniture/ak_47_quad_rail_system.html

zfields
03-16-2012, 8:51 AM
Looks like the UTG, or even a rip off of that.

I've herd "ok" things about UTG. Id rather spend the cash on the MI though.

Sicarius
03-16-2012, 8:55 AM
It is probably a UTG. For the most part, people have been pleasantly pleased at least for the price. I am not sure if you are conserned with 922r compliance but these are definately made in china and would count as an imported part. I would suggest going with a Midwest Industries for a handguard on a budget. They US made, rock solid and they give you the option to buy a new upper half that will allow you to mount an optic and cowitness.
Kevin

cbaer5
03-16-2012, 8:56 AM
+1 for the midwest industrys their customer service is awesome. they made me a customer for life. I have one its nice they are also the only mount for a co witness

zfields
03-16-2012, 9:00 AM
+1 for the midwest industrys their customer service is awesome. they made me a customer for life. I have one its nice they are also the only mount for a co witness

Ultimak also.

cbaer5
03-16-2012, 9:01 AM
really never heard of them? I going to go check them out. they are a bit pricy I see. maybe thats why.

zfields
03-16-2012, 9:04 AM
really never heard of them? I going to go check them out.

I'm considering getting one for my draco just to cut the weight down. It replaces the gas tube. Lots of stuff bouncing around on how it burns out cheaper optics though, so be fair warning.