PDA

View Full Version : flash suppresor

albacore
04-12-2007, 4:25 PM
Is a flash hider on a bolt action legal? Someone told me that no flash suppresors were allowed in CA at all. I think he's full of crap as he also said that all bayonets on all SKS varients were illigal, but I'd like to ask here anyways just to clear it up.

bwiese
04-12-2007, 4:30 PM
Is a flash hider on a bolt action legal? Someone told me that no flash suppresors were allowed in CA at all. I think he's full of crap as he also said that all bayonets on all SKS varients were illigal, but I'd like to ask here anyways just to clear it up.

Flash hiders are ONLY evil features on semiauto centerfire rifles with detachable magazines. On bolt guns, pump guns, single shots or rimfire guns they're entirely legal.

And, no, bayonets (and bayonet lugs) are just fine on any SKS variant - or any rifle, for that matter. More broadly, bayonet lugs are not an evil feature, as the Federal AW ban that worried about bayonet lugs sunset.

Technical Ted
04-12-2007, 4:38 PM
Flash hiders are ONLY evil features on semiauto centerfire rifles with detachable magazines. On bolt guns, pump guns, single shots or rimfire guns they're entirely legal.
Don't forget lever actions and muzzle loaders.

albacore
04-12-2007, 4:41 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I thought that guy was totally misinformed. It's sad to say he's dealer. He had an absolutely beautiful Russian SKS all matching without a bayonet. I asked where the bayonet was, he said he disposed of it because it was illigal. I told him he was wrong, but he didn't want to hear it and had a fit. He went off on me for quite a while. His loss, he ruining his own business by trashing his own inventory, not to mention being a total jerk.