PDA

View Full Version : (even more) BLM fun

mroels
03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Tried to stretch my legs a bit today. Ended up shooting 380/450/570yds with 55gr .223 PMC Bronze, which becomes a bit unpredictable beyond 400yds. Rifle is a RRA upper 16" 1/9, sitting on a cmmg lower, no fancy internals. Scope is a hi-lux cmr

Not very impressive results but fun nonetheless. Didn't really set myself up for success only sleeping 2hrs last night, I could feel my eyes not wanting to focus. I had a really tough time seeing when my rounds were impacting. The wind was gusting through the area from right to left @ about 15mph so I dialed 4moa. I didn't dial any elevation because I wanted to get more used to the hold-over values in the reticle. Also the roof of my car got super hot and slipery so it was a pain to stay still, will bring something to put over it next time.

Next time I'll prepare a bit better, bring some heavier rounds, and a spotter...and I will try to go for 700yds (but only if I can get more consistent hits at the current distances and at some point i'll have to invest in a better scope). I'm reading reloading manuals right now, then buying equipment, so hopefully before the end of the year i'll have a good load for my rifle.

Sorry for bad camera work, mounted it to my car door with a gorilla-pod and the wind kept moving it. At 6:43/6:44 you hear the ding right before I spastically say yay.
2XxA3Np--KE

380yds (these ar 66% ipsc targets from bobcat steel)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/photo2.jpg

450yds
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/photo1.jpg

570yds
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/photo3.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/photo4.jpg

New video shooting a little distance and some pistols, including my wife's new mp9c...that thing is sweet!! Btw the first couple of long shots i'm resting my magazine on my knee (picked an uncomfortable spot) but it worked out ok

qwJTFRIRyUY

exp0zure
03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
If you don’t mind sharing, where is this? I am planning on going to Forest road 1n09 next weekend.

Chaos47
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks like a nice place.

Don't share it! It will get ruined! Trust me happened to my spot :mad:

milotrain
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't share it publicly. Share via PM only.

mroels
03-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't put share it publicly, I'm hauling enough trash from there as it is. It's not really a secret spot if you live in the area but all you guys are way too far south for this spot anyway, this is central coast.

DesertSniper
03-16-2012, 6:11 AM
that looks like an awesome spot!

luchador768
03-16-2012, 7:08 AM
Good shooting! Not to be Capt. Buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure shooting over a road is a no-no.

Ibefuz
03-16-2012, 7:12 AM
^^^ Correct sir.

Shooting next to a road = good to go.

Shooting across a road = no go

Fate
03-16-2012, 7:22 AM
Nice spot. Just move forward 20' ;)

There's an optical illusion created regarding perceived distance when shooting across a large valley. It makes objects appear further away. Oh and regarding sharing the location...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2q825hi.jpg

mrvash
03-16-2012, 7:26 AM
More pictures of the rifle please! :)

Fate
03-16-2012, 8:57 AM
^^ Yes! How do you like that Leatherwood 1-4x scope?

mroels
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Good shooting! Not to be Capt. Buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure shooting over a road is a no-no.

I'm actually lying on the road, I think this place used to be a rock quarry or something so it looks like I'm shooting across a road but it's really just a turnout/runoff little trail your seeing. They recently graded the roads and a lot of the rocks got pushed down.

mroels
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
As requested more pics of the rifle: (sorry still just crappy cellphone pics, don't own a camera)

CMMG lower
RRA upper
Surefire brake
Vltor stock
SWORD-int rail system (waiting on a rifle from them)

I really like the leatherwood scope, the reticle is easy to use, glass is very clean. It's not holding zero all that well, although thats probably due to the fact that i'm using $30 crappy rings from god knows what company and I just had the brake installed so can't really blame the optic. I've not used the illumination at all yet while shooting but its bright enough to irritate the eyes.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/2012-03-16112443.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/2012-03-16112554.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brittanyshannon/2012-03-16112637.jpg

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AJltPWY2GA8/Tzw2vo8kivI/AAAAAAAAACA/wFD2JBEygqU/s1024/IMAGE_1000000062.JPG

send it_hit
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
i like that upper a lot. the rail looks great.

nice shooting :punk:

Mamluke
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't share it publicly. Share via PM only.

I shoot desert BLM all the time, always clean after myself and don't mind sharing publicly, at the bottom of my pic, you'll find DETAILED directions, You'll NEVER get lost:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/LavaBull/mamluke8.jpg

Directions:

Я люблю пустыне так много, и всегда держать его в чистоте, потому что я не только стрелять, но я также кататься на велосипеде грязь со своими друзьями. Пустыня хорошо, прохладном и сухом осенью и зимой, очень жарко летом. очень жарко летом. И, если вы используете онлайн-переводчик, то все средства, у меня есть ты!

... Be safe & good luck ... :D

:hide:

chrisf
03-16-2012, 1:31 PM
;)I shoot desert BLM all the time, always clean after myself and don't mind sharing publicly, at the bottom of my pic, you'll find DETAILED directions, You'll NEVER get lost:

Directions:

Я люблю пустыне так много, и всегда держать его в чистоте, потому что я не только стрелять, но я также кататься на велосипеде грязь со своими друзьями. Пустыня хорошо, прохладном и сухом осенью и зимой, очень жарко летом. очень жарко летом. И, если вы используете онлайн-переводчик, то все средства, у меня есть ты!

I cracked it. Would you like for me to share it with everyone :cool:

Common
03-16-2012, 1:39 PM
Damn your sense of humor man!

Stay thirsty

Mamluke
03-16-2012, 1:58 PM
;)
I cracked it. Would you like for me to share it with everyone :cool:

....ahhhhh naaaahhhh .... GO AHEAD ... :43:

............ ;)

Arson
03-16-2012, 2:33 PM
Yep, you have me! :scooter:

Milsurps
03-16-2012, 3:04 PM
I shoot desert BLM all the time, always clean after myself and don't mind sharing publicly, at the bottom of my pic, you'll find DETAILED directions, You'll NEVER get lost:

Directions:

"And if you use an online translator, then by all means, I have you!"

Yup, got me too. :D

exp0zure
03-16-2012, 3:06 PM

Directions:

well played sir…well played...:rofl2:

Just want to add, if anyone doesn’t mind sending me a PM on some good places to shoot I would greatly appreciate it. I know it doesn’t mean much when I say this (since y’all don’t know me), but me and my friends are respectful individuals and we would never ruin a spot by trashing it. We bring back our mess and then some. Thanks again

SFgiants105
03-16-2012, 3:09 PM
You don't have to share the exact spot, but is that Hollister BLM? I can understand, if you don't even want to share that much, but please :) ...

hollowpoint
03-16-2012, 3:40 PM
HAHA and I thought I was the only one who knew about "COOL STORY BRO"!

I'll make sure to approach my usual spot carefully since most likely you will be shooting over my head!?!? Although you cant miss my truck.

Is the bullet ridden refrigerator still sitting there?

vacabill
03-16-2012, 3:42 PM
translation

I love the desert so much, and always keep it clean, because I not only shoot, but I also ride dirt bikes with his friends. The desert is good, cool, dry autumn and winter, very hot summer. very hot in summer. And if you use an online translator, then by all means, I have you!

mroels
03-16-2012, 3:59 PM
HAHA and I thought I was the only one who knew about Now public information!

I'll make sure to approach my usual spot carefully since most likely you will be shooting over my head!?!? Although you cant miss my truck.

Is the bullet ridden refrigerator still sitting there?

I don't know why the pic makes it look like I'm sitting above the road while I'm on it? Youre thinking that im sitting on the little hill where that fridge is lying. And yes it is still there, ive tried put it in my truck but its too heavy with too many sharp edges, but the fridge is getting smaller every time I'm out there from taking rounds. You're more likely to run me over than have a bullet flying over your head, unless you actually shoot in the valley down by where the little benches are. Next time you pull into the area as soon as you see the fridge look left and you'll see the little trail/turnout running into the valley and you'll understand where I'm shooting from. For those not familiar with the area this little turnout trail is alittle trail that runs into a valley about 50ft at a very steep angle, no traffic coming through there, so no I'm not shooting over a road. Plus if you wanted to access this trail for whatever weird reason, while I'm shooting, you'd have to pass by me so I'd be aware.

I'm out there weekdays only since I have midweek days off so shoot me pm if you're ever headed out there during the week. I have yet to meet someone out there in the year of shooting out there.

baz152
03-16-2012, 4:26 PM
онлайн-переводчики же хорошо работать, но она также помогает, если вы можете прочитать говорить и писать на русском языке

Cactus_Tim
03-16-2012, 5:20 PM
онлайн-переводчики же хорошо работать, но она также помогает, если вы можете прочитать говорить и писать на русском языке

Я пью Водку. Это достаточно близко?

- Кактус Тим

luchador768
03-16-2012, 5:30 PM
Almost every BLM thread with pics ends with someone letting the cat out of the bag.

vta
03-16-2012, 6:13 PM

Хорошо для вас, чтобы иметь возможность читать и говорить на русском языке. Теперь скажите мне, где ваши тайные места съемки!

Я пью Водку. Это достаточно близко?

- Кактус Тим

Зависит от того, насколько :)

Mamluke
03-16-2012, 6:38 PM
:eek:

Тема официально захвачен русского языка.

Пираты!

..... :D

:chris:

exp0zure, I sent you a PM.

MrExel17
03-16-2012, 6:46 PM
Thanks for sharing, nice setup of the AR+1

hollowpoint
03-16-2012, 8:22 PM
I don't know why the pic makes it look like I'm sitting above the road while I'm on it? Youre thinking that im sitting on the little hill where that fridge is lying. And yes it is still there, ive tried put it in my truck but its too heavy with too many sharp edges, but the fridge is getting smaller every time I'm out there from taking rounds. You're more likely to run me over than have a bullet flying over your head, unless you actually shoot in the valley down by where the little benches are. Next time you pull into the area as soon as you see the fridge look left and you'll see the little trail/turnout running into the valley and you'll understand where I'm shooting from. For those not familiar with the area this little turnout trail is alittle trail that runs into a valley about 50ft at a very steep angle, no traffic coming through there, so no I'm not shooting over a road. Plus if you wanted to access this trail for whatever weird reason, while I'm shooting, you'd have to pass by me so I'd be aware.

I'm out there weekdays only since I have midweek days off so shoot me pm if you're ever headed out there during the week. I have yet to meet someone out there in the year of shooting out there.

Got your PM. I'll let you keep your secret spot. If I every run into you out there (usually out there once a month) lets do some shooting. I'll either be driving a lifted 4 door duramax, pewter in color or a lifted 4 door GMC 1500 also pewter in color both have glock decals on the back window, you can't miss me. I know of some other kick *** shooting areas up there and I wouldn't mind sharing.

Take care ;)

SURVIVOR619
03-16-2012, 8:38 PM
Thanks for sharing and I am glad people can still shoot and feel free (yes, somewhat of an oxymoron in Cali but still).

Enjoy life brother!!

mroels
03-16-2012, 9:16 PM
Got your PM. I'll let you keep your secret spot. If I every run into you out there (usually out there once a month) lets do some shooting. I'll either be driving a lifted 4 door duramax, pewter in color or a lifted 4 door GMC 1500 also pewter in color both have glock decals on the back window, you can't miss me. I know of some other kick *** shooting areas up there and I wouldn't mind sharing.

Take care ;)

Thanks for taking down the name, although I guess people don't read all the posts since even while your original post was up I got 20 pm's about what it was called. Hope to catch you out there sometime, I'm out there about once every two weeks, usually tue or Wednesday in a f150 as pictured.

mroels
03-16-2012, 9:22 PM
Almost every BLM thread with pics ends with someone letting the cat out of the bag.

Put it back in the bag. Btw not everyone shares/spills the beans. Lived in SD for many years and no one would ever share the shooting locations by SBRGC/Dulzura area even thru PM. I even spent a day driving around out there and just couldn't find any spots I felt were safe. So I always had to drive all the way to Jacumba or Ocotillo

mroels
05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
added a new video

exp0zure
05-17-2012, 5:38 PM
What camera set up are your using? Shoulder cam? Dope video btw.

77bawls
05-17-2012, 5:46 PM
How does the M&P9c shoot? The first time I took mine out it had stove pipes and failed to lock the slide back. It might be the ammo so I need to try something different before I send it in for warranty work.

mroels
05-17-2012, 6:28 PM
What camera set up are your using? Shoulder cam? Dope video btw.

Using a contour cam on a headband

mroels
05-17-2012, 6:33 PM
How does the M&P9c shoot? The first time I took mine out it had stove pipes and failed to lock the slide back. It might be the ammo so I need to try something different before I send it in for warranty work.

I shot 20 rounds of hornady tap, and 50 pmc. Zero issues. I did spray some gun oil right before shooting.

It's my first 9mm I've shot in years and I'm surprised how noticeably less the recoil is compared to .40 amd .45. Of course the gun is lighter too than the all metal sigs. But the ammo is also sooo much cheaper that I'm looking at a 9mm for me now....fnx 9 is looking good

MUKAK
05-17-2012, 7:22 PM
YA BAB EBU V ZHOPU BEZ GONDONA... lol

anyone seen "KRASNOE SOLNZCE V PUSTINE"?

mroels
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
added a new video for everyone's viewing pleasure

arsilva32
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
cool im on my way out there right now with a fridge 2 washers and a old water heater ive been looking for a good dump spot:D:D

p.s. love the rifle, especialy the mid to long range upper . i have some good spots that i will share with others, but there is always one super secret spot that never is reveled.im sure other people here are the same.

mroels
06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep that's what shooters do...if we can't obliterate it completely we just leave the remains. I was gonna haul some trash to the dump but I had a surfboard in my truck bed. Usually I try to grab some stuff though...I like that spot too much

twohi2play
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Did you buy that steel target from one of the vendors that are here on calguns?

mroels
06-07-2012, 5:40 PM
Yeah bobcat steel. Not cheap but good quality.