PDA

View Full Version : Bass selling Colt Sporter Carbine

eville
03-15-2012, 6:50 PM
Just got this weeks bass ad in the mail. Colt Sporter carbine for $1,179.99 on page 18. Boy we've come a long way!
Thanks CGF.

Sydwaiz
03-15-2012, 6:54 PM
I stopped by the Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to see black rifles behind the counter. I thought their stance was "this is a family store." Money talks bull **** walks.

I still refuse to wait in line there to purchase a gun however.

eville
03-15-2012, 6:56 PM
I'm not going to buy one, I was just pleased to see how 'mainstream' ar15s are becoming again (in CA).

Nick Adams
03-15-2012, 7:54 PM
I have been super paranoid about the return of 'evil black rifles' to California, and the possibility of hassles from LEOs. But know that Bass PS, Turners, and every other guy at the range has them with apparently no hassles I've decided to make the plunge. Just bought a Colt 6920 from Turners. Man the ten day wait is lame.

GeetarGoul
03-15-2012, 9:04 PM
I have been super paranoid about the return of 'evil black rifles' to California, and the possibility of hassles from LEOs. But know that Bass PS, Turners, and every other guy at the range has them with apparently no hassles I've decided to make the plunge. Just bought a Colt 6920 from Turners. Man the ten day wait is lame.

Nick- Pelosi needs you to cool down. ;) I just picked up my 6920 today and it looks and feels so nice.

Mail Clerk
03-16-2012, 7:39 AM
I stopped by the Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to see black rifles behind the counter. I thought their stance was "this is a family store." Money talks bull **** walks.

I still refuse to wait in line there to purchase a gun however.

It sill is a family store. Having any AR-15 is about as American as one can get.

Mail Clerk:oji:

xmikedentx
03-16-2012, 7:43 AM
I remember being asked to leave a Turners store for mentioning an AR-15 about 5 years ago. Now that they figured out they can make money off of them, they sure have changed their tune a bit...

themailman
03-16-2012, 9:27 AM
$200 over MSRP. Poor uninformed gun buyers will be all over that.

ptoguy2002
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
I doubt they are selling any Colt that says "sporter" on it in California, as those would be AWs in Cali regardless of configuration (named).

jbush
03-16-2012, 1:14 PM
It sill is a family store. Having any AR-15 is about as American as one can get.

Mail Clerk:oji:

That was my thought. Why can't an AR be a family thing? I'm not using mine for combat, but to go shooting with my adult kids and have some family fun. Obviously, it's a little out of character for Bass Pro, but being a back east company I'm sure they see alot of them, and sells are sells.

stag6.8
03-16-2012, 4:39 PM
well I like the thought of bass pro selling them. prices are kind of high, but at least there getting mainstream ...also....it seems they want to compete with cabelas..which is AR friendly...money is money.

cc raider
03-20-2012, 6:27 AM
I doubt they are selling any Colt that says "sporter" on it in California, as those would be AWs in Cali regardless of configuration (named).

I agree! Plus who wants any yahoo wondering in bass pro to purchase a "black rifle"!