PDA

View Full Version : Larue Tactical...this sucks

F8ality
03-15-2012, 2:02 PM
First of let me say that I have been buying things from Larue for a couple of years now and turning all of my friends civ/leo/mil onto them as well. And all of us have been nothing short of impressed with all of the products.

That being said I stayed up last night to pre-order my PredatOBR. Ordered one last night at the open of the group buy got my confirmation emails a couple of minutes later. Then this morning they canceled my order because I live in California even though Im having the rifle shipped to Washington and not California???!

So now I have been on hold on the phone with them for 60 minutes (Which I can appreciate and understand) but after hearing the recording of how "If you aint happy, they aint happy, let us show you next." , Im wondering how this is gonna turn out....
I completely understand their reasoning for not shipping to California and only shipping to specific Larue California Dealers in the state, what I dont understand is cancelling an order to someone who live in California but is having the rifle shipped to an FFL outside of California??

In the email that they sent, I was told to contact a CA dealer to make an order through them. So I did and they arent even ordering any of the regular Predatobr's just the Costa editions which I am already on the list for.

FML

F8ality
03-15-2012, 2:03 PM
JFYI

Well there goes that theory...word is a no go because the gun could be brought into California and converted to out of spec with their name on it???

Hate to tell you this guys but any gun could be converted to out of spec in any state whether it came from a certified dealer or not.....

CAL.BAR
03-15-2012, 2:09 PM
This needs to be addressed with them at the highest levels. Cal Guns Reps should talk with them about this. If they continue to discriminate against Californians without just cause, we should do the same to them.

tonyxcom
03-15-2012, 2:13 PM
This isn't completely out of the ordinary. But some companies have certain relationships with dealers that give these dealers 100% exclusive rights to distribute their products in a state or region.

That being said, I am not sure why the just the dealers in CA appear to have this arrangement with Larue.

What dealer wouldn't order the rifle for you?

I can also understand why they cancelled your order even if shipping to WA. That entire transaction smells risky. It's bad enough they are extra cautious because of our gun laws, but to make it look like you are trying to circumvent them all together is another thing. Or, it could be as simple as they are just trying to protect their relationship with their CA dealers.

I'd like to own one myself, but not with all the backlogs and an election coming. Besides, I am not bored with my Stealth yet.

tonyxcom
03-15-2012, 2:14 PM
This need to be addressed with them at the highest levels. Cal Guns Reps should talk with them about this. If they continue to discriminate against Californians without just cause, we should do the same to them.

Overreact much?

They sell to CA through dealers.

F8ality
03-15-2012, 2:14 PM
I was going to have the rifle sent to Rainier Arms who I have already cleared it through. They were going to install the BB and I was going to have them change a couple of things for me before sending it to my local FFL in which they have sent many firearms ...legally(I might add)

Now I have to wait behind how many other people and how many more months to get a rifle...

Awesome!!

JoeGSX
03-15-2012, 2:17 PM
What was your GB price? Did you try and explain that to them to see if they could work a deal with you?

Uhhlexxxis
03-15-2012, 2:25 PM
love their products, dislike their "feelings" on CA. I attempted to have some UDE mags sent to me (even after I emailed them my department ID and driver's license). "Only with a departmental letterhead from your Chief will we send you high capacity magazines." Thanks, but no thanks.

EvolutionGSR
03-15-2012, 2:28 PM
That sucks. Can you just have rainier order it for you withoit your name and address on it?

I really want a predatOBR 16. Minus their stock.

brando
03-15-2012, 2:32 PM
love their products, dislike their "feelings" on CA.

That's classic Mark LaRue; his bumper sticker says it all.

jdberger
03-15-2012, 2:32 PM
Despite all this, Mr. LaRue has been very generous to the Calguns Foundation.

tuna quesadilla
03-15-2012, 2:33 PM
Interesting. It says right there on their website that they will ship the rifle to CA with a bullet button installed. WTF?

PolishMike
03-15-2012, 2:47 PM
Interesting. It says right there on their website that they will ship the rifle to CA with a bullet button installed. WTF?

Yes, through a dealer. We have a bunch on order.

PredatOBR orders were just available to be made since this morning. Larue's phone has been off the hook busy since this morning. They called me and I placed more orders.
The Costa edition is still NOT able to be ordered no matter what anyone tells you.

Mike

tuna quesadilla
03-15-2012, 2:54 PM
Yes, through a dealer. We have a bunch on order.

PredatOBR orders were just available to be made since this morning. Larue's phone has been off the hook busy since this morning. They called me and I placed more orders.
The Costa edition is still NOT able to be ordered no matter what anyone tells you.

Mike

Ohhhh you're right, it does say Dealers Only to California on the website.

Guess somebody had a case of the "Can't read English."

HK Dave
03-15-2012, 3:27 PM
That has been Larue's policy for a long time. Anytime they get wind that you might be trying to circumvent their policy by shipping out of state then having that FFL transfer to you, they automatically cancel the order. I know, I've tried. ;)

We should be grateful that they ship to CA dealers at all at this point.

It's his company, he can do whatever the heck he wants with it.

It's not like he's hurting and needs CA right now... he sells as fast as he can make em.

Someday that could all change, but right now, we gotta play by their rules or shop elsewhere. Personally I just ordered from Riflegear and am waiting patiently.

russ69
03-15-2012, 3:40 PM
Sorry OP, but if a guy in California wants to ship a complete rifle to another state, I don't think I would do that either. Looks like you are stuck with California dealers.

MrPlink
03-15-2012, 4:10 PM
Larue bumper stickers you say? :D
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/natehectic/IMG_20120315_150224.jpg

vern748
03-15-2012, 4:20 PM
Not to be a downer, its just good business for them. They have a string of dealers that they have contracts with. Some may have an "exclusive" agreement and may have paid handsomely for it. Having you go around their preferred dealer network is not in their best interest. They loose money and good will for every deal not done through their preferred dealer. I don't think this has anything to do with their disdain for CA.

dousan
03-15-2012, 4:31 PM
Have an out of state family member buy it for you
And then send here?

F8ality
03-15-2012, 4:46 PM
Ohhhh you're right, it does say Dealers Only to California on the website.

Guess somebody had a case of the "Can't read English."

BFF's

tuna quesadilla
03-15-2012, 4:53 PM
Sunshine and roses. :)

F8ality
03-15-2012, 5:03 PM
I was actually talking about myself since I accused LaRue Tactical of being in the wrong in my previous post.

But i've quoted this personal attack for posterity. :)

Ah haha SORRY about that.:facepalm: I was getting attacked over on ARFCOM for venting about this and was relaying my frustration out on you. I apologize

TRUCE?

F8ality
03-15-2012, 5:08 PM
To the OP:

I'd like to share rule #1 of a Hole with you..."When you find yourself in a hole...stop digging"

Rule #2 "if you dont like the hole im digging then get the F--- out of it, its my hole and Ill dig if i want to"

HAHA JK man I know you're right. Just frustration added on top of an already long day and the cancellation of my order was the icing on the cake. Im done

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement guys haha..... next thread

tuna quesadilla
03-15-2012, 5:16 PM
Ah haha SORRY about that.:facepalm: I was getting attacked over on ARFCOM for venting about this and was relaying my frustration out on you. I apologize

TRUCE?

No worries, I edited it out. ;)

F8ality
03-15-2012, 5:17 PM
No worries, I edited it out. ;)

Me too lol thanks

RazzB7
03-15-2012, 5:20 PM
In the spirit of cooperation, I deleted mine.

MikeR
03-15-2012, 5:22 PM
Its as easy as adding your second/other address to the CC.

Solved.

Long Rifle
03-15-2012, 5:59 PM
It's so nice everyone is getting along. Why can't every thread be like that? :eek: Wow. I've been reading the PredatOBR threads over at ARF.com and it's just crazy. :willy_nilly: I'm glad I ordered my 18" 7.62 PredatOBR last friday through my local dealer. I didn't even know that yesterday was the official launch day. :party:

F8ality
03-15-2012, 7:18 PM
It's so nice everyone is getting along. Why can't every thread be like that? :eek: Wow. I've been reading the PredatOBR threads over at ARF.com and it's just crazy. :willy_nilly: I'm glad I ordered my 18" 7.62 PredatOBR last friday through my local dealer. I didn't even know that yesterday was the official launch day. :party:

Long rifle...how bout you eat a big ol bowl of stfu and then punch yourself in the face for rubbing it in! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

al8550
03-15-2012, 8:20 PM
Damn sorry to hear that...I've had some pretty good experiences with them

Long Rifle
03-15-2012, 8:30 PM
Long rifle...how bout you eat a big ol bowl of stfu and then punch yourself in the face for rubbing it in! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hey, what happened to peace and good will? :slap: Place your order in now and you should get it a week after I get mine. :)

F8ality
03-15-2012, 8:45 PM
so who can I place an order with and actually get a real guarantee to get one and not just put on a list of first come first serve?

Long Rifle
03-15-2012, 8:52 PM
My dealer is in the Bay Area, so that's too far for you. Email Larue for a list of CA dealers. Hopefully, there's one close to you in Bakersfield or Victorville.

F8ality
03-15-2012, 9:20 PM
I will check their website. Probably just going to go with Noveske. Still going to get a Costa though ;)

themailman
03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry, but this was a clear cut case of the OP not READING THE INSTRUCTIONS. LT has it clearly posted on every rifle page and the ordering page as well.

Hoop
03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Then this morning they canceled my order because I live in California even though Im having the rifle shipped to Washington and not California???!

So why not have it shipped to a Cali dealer and then when you go to WA you can put a real magazine release button on it? Sorry not seeing the big deal here.

jdberger
03-16-2012, 1:19 PM
Easy there, Tiger. How about you go make yourself some Chamomille tea and settle down.

TreeHugger
03-16-2012, 2:12 PM
I know they wont ship to CA, I wasnt having it shipped to California. NOWHERE ON LARUES website does it say that it will not sale to a California resident who is having the rifle shipped to another state! Who is the one NOT READING now?

I personally think Larue makes some great products, along with almost perfect customer service. I initially wanted to order the 762 16 OBR, found out that they will ONLY ship to an authorized dealer. Bummer, since I was hoping to get it to a dealer that is closer to me, but I have to respect their policy. The only sort of complaint that I have, is that with the OBR, you can order it with a completely different stock and grip, but with the PredatOBR, you have to take the default stock and grip. So in the end, I happily placed an order with a dealer for the 762 16 PredatOBR and will patiently wait the 4 months, just like most everyone else. While I was at the dealer, they happened to have the 556 16 OBR in stock, so I bought that also.

But YOU must be a VIP that should be given special privilege, or were you just making a feeble attempt to circumvent their policy. I deal with a LOT of customers for the business I am in, once in a while, I always get some jackass that thinks he/she is SOOOO much more important than everyone else. If I own Larue, I would tell those people to kiss my (_*_) and go buy a bargain bin $700 complete rifle. If you want quality, unless you're Chris Costa, go and stand in line, follow the rules just like everyone else, stop whining!

Outta Control
03-16-2012, 2:27 PM
Easy there, Tiger. How about you go make yourself a sandwich some Chamomille tea and settle down.

FIXED!

Hoop
03-16-2012, 2:31 PM
I know they wont ship to CA

They'll ship to a California dealer. Either find a dealer or go play with your Costa blow-up doll and stop clogging up the internets with your stupidity.

TreeHugger
03-16-2012, 2:40 PM
go play with your Costa blow-up doll

LMAO LMAO LMAO...

HK Dave
03-16-2012, 2:47 PM
$5 says the OP responds Hoop. ;)

email
03-16-2012, 2:57 PM
Larue wouldn't even send a firing pin for my OBR to California (to replace the defective one that came with it).

I got berated and called a criminal by Alfred. Blah blah blah.

This thread just reminded me of my email exchange...Frushbahhhhhh....Frushbahhhhhhh.....Auu uuhhhhmmm.....

(rant off)