PDA

View Full Version : Felon w/gun. No problem!

ibbryn
04-12-2007, 9:13 AM
http://www.playfuls.com/news_00003016_No_Prison_For_Snoop_This_Time.html

He was looking at jail time but Snoop Dogg has escaped being convicted for sale or transportation of marijuana and possession of a gun.

The rapper, real name Calvin Broadus, was given a three years suspended sentence and handed five years of probation by a Californian court. He will also perform 900 hours of community service. He can serve half of the hours working with the youth American football team that he owns.

Broadus was arrested last year after police found a gun and marijuana in his car after it parked too long in a passenger loading area at Burbank airport.

His lawyer Donald Etra says, “He recognizes the severity of this. He recognizes he got a great a deal and he fully intends to make sure nothing prohibits him from keeping his part of the bargain.”

Not keeping his part of the bargain could mean a whole lot of trouble for Snoop, as he has been involved in legal imbroglios before, each time escaping potentially nastier consequences.

He already has a 1990 felony conviction for possession of drugs for sale. Three years later, he was charged with gun possession after being stopped in a vehicle. He pleaded guilty in exchange for three years’ probation and a promise to make anti-violence public service announcements.

Another three years later, in 1996 Snoop was acquitted of murder. An alleged street gang member was shot fatally from the car in which Snoop was traveling.

Last month the rapper was arrested in Sweden on suspicion of minor drug offenses, and released pending the results of drug tests. Stockholm police stopped him and two companions on their way to a postconcert party in the Swedish capital and found a small amount of drugs in the vehicle, though it was unclear whether the contraband belonged to the rapper.

He was also banned from the UK in late March, as the Home Office refused to grant him a visa. On account of his past and present troubles with the law, his presence in the UK was not considered beneficial to British citizens.

Snoop has been banned from the UK before, back in April 2006, when he and five members of his entourage were arrested at London's Heathrow Airport on charges of violent disorder after getting into a nasty fight with police and airport staff.

He also has a pending criminal case of trying to board a California plane in November 2006 with a dangerous weapon, a collapsible baton. He faces three years in prison if convicted in that case.

Nefarious
04-12-2007, 9:27 AM
I dont even pay attention to those kinds of things anymore. If your famous, have money... laws dont apply to you. Sad but true. Heck you dont even have to be famous... just have money - a nice slap on the hand is what you get

Can'thavenuthingood
04-12-2007, 9:28 AM
A felony conviction in 1990.

Still with the drugs and guns walking the thin line.

I have much to say and thoughts are numerous however comma, Mom said if you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut.

So I'll just aknowledge reading the article.

Vick

Archenemy550
04-12-2007, 9:32 AM
I think that is BS
A friend of mine was popped with Possession of Ephedrine w/intent to mfg. methamphetamine, and had a firearm. They hit him with as many enhancements as they could due to the firearm.

1911su16b870
04-12-2007, 9:43 AM
I think that is BS
A friend of mine was popped with Possession of Ephedrine w/intent to mfg. methamphetamine, and had a firearm. They hit him with as many enhancements as they could due to the firearm.

Did you friend have one package of cold medicine or a case of it? :)

XeRoFuN
04-12-2007, 9:48 AM
I dont even pay attention to those kinds of things anymore. If your famous, have money... laws dont apply to you. Sad but true. Heck you dont even have to be famous... just have money - a nice slap on the hand is what you get

Feel the same way.

Full Clip
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Sad but true.

Prc329
04-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Here is what I want to know. I mean he should not have had the gun and the weed with him period but, how do you go from parking to long to being arrested for possession and a gun charge? Someone screwed up or the cops saw him and went "I get to get on TV now".

E Pluribus Unum
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
If his car was parked too long they probably towed it. Any time a car is towed the cops can search without a warrant or probable cause.

naimad
04-12-2007, 10:50 AM

+1 on that :mad:

x2delight
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Atleast he wasnt doing some crazy nasty drugs.. just some mary jane..

Archenemy550
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
it wasnt a case, it was allready extracted ephedrine :p
he did 1.5 years for it to, on a first offense

To the statement above..... weed is one of the most dangerous and addictive substances, that is why it is Schedule 1 (I
haha, I love the CSA, it makes me laugh

tygerpaw
04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Jail time would have interfered with his show schedule. Show business is what's important in this country you know. :confused:

xrMike
04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
he did 1.5 years for it to, on a first offenseAlready extracted the ephed from the cold pills? So that makes it cut and dry -- he was planning to cook up some meth. And he had a gun on him. I think he's real lucky he only got 1.5 years. There are guys in jail who never cooked a batch in their life, but conspired to do so with other people, and have bigger sentences than that.

1911su16b870
04-12-2007, 2:45 PM
he did 1.5 years for it to, on a first offense

...mmmm...and how exactly does one come into possesion of extracted ephedrine?:rolleyes:

HUTCH 7.62
04-12-2007, 5:56 PM
I hate the California Judicaial system even more it's bad enough that DA's make the decision for judges now this. And when you complain to your local democratr they just sit their and defend the system that they helped create.

M. Sage
04-12-2007, 6:06 PM

Especially in California.

Archenemy550
04-12-2007, 6:17 PM
Negatory, he was not a cook
He was bringing the ephedrine to a cook
he would then take the manufactured meth out to Nebraska and sell it for about $13,000 - $14,000 per pound. Where as in Riverside county he could only get $6,000 - $8,000
This was back in early to mid 90's

xLusi0n
04-12-2007, 6:20 PM
This lady was on The Factor defending Snoop Dogg saying he shouldn't do jail time...her only reason: "He's Snoop Dogg."

superhondaz50
04-13-2007, 7:26 AM
just six words will say it all....

"freedom for the rich and famous"

1911su16b870
04-13-2007, 8:17 AM
This lady was on The Factor defending Snoop Dogg saying he shouldn't do jail time...her only reason: "He's Snoop Dogg."

LOL you know he gets all these migranes and he has a Rx for the mary jane, and with all the Imus fallout, he's changed his attitude with the n-- and h-- words...:)

dwtt
04-13-2007, 8:51 AM
In this democracy we are all equal in the eyes of the law. Some are more equal than others.

Bishop
04-13-2007, 5:42 PM
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about Marky Mark...